• Member since 2015
  • Orby Technologies

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Apex tests have started to fail where we assert PersonEmail field is populated.

Replicated the issue in Execute Anonymous via the following code:
Account customer = new Account();
customer.RecordTypeId=[select id from RecordType where sObjectType = 'Account' and DeveloperName = 'Consumer' limit 1].Id;
customer.lastname='Test Account';
customer.personEmail = 'test.testAAA@example.eu';
customer.PersonHomePhone = '061386212';
insert customer;

customer= [select id, name, firstname, lastname, personEmail, PersonHomePhone, IsPersonAccount  from account where id=:customer.id];
system.debug(logginglevel.info,'Account = '+customer);
system.debug(logginglevel.info,'Account.personEmail = '+customer.personEmail);
system.debug(logginglevel.info,'Account.PersonHomePhone = '+customer.PersonHomePhone);
The debug logs show PersonHomePhone populated but PersonEmail is null.  The Person Email field is visible on the record after creation via the UI and via a query in Developer Console.

After a random period of time the same query in Execute Anonymous starts to return the PersonEmail field.

I have also witnessed the field being populated if I query it via a list, but empty if I specify an Id in the where clause.

Query list:
SOQL1

Query with Id:
SOQL2

Very strange behaviour.

There seems to be some slow running process that means PersonEmail is not immedeatly available to query (even though it is visible via the UI).

Please help.

Hi,
In visualforce, there's code like

This can be used for string output formatting.

Is there simillar one in Apex, like

Dicimal d = 4000.0;
How can I convert it to a string like '4,000.0'

I tried 2 ways, both failed
1) d.format() , this will be displayed like '4,000'
2) String.format: don't know how to use this API. There's no document from SFDC about this

Apex tests have started to fail where we assert PersonEmail field is populated.

Replicated the issue in Execute Anonymous via the following code:
Account customer = new Account();
customer.RecordTypeId=[select id from RecordType where sObjectType = 'Account' and DeveloperName = 'Consumer' limit 1].Id;
customer.lastname='Test Account';
customer.personEmail = 'test.testAAA@example.eu';
customer.PersonHomePhone = '061386212';
insert customer;

customer= [select id, name, firstname, lastname, personEmail, PersonHomePhone, IsPersonAccount  from account where id=:customer.id];
system.debug(logginglevel.info,'Account = '+customer);
system.debug(logginglevel.info,'Account.personEmail = '+customer.personEmail);
system.debug(logginglevel.info,'Account.PersonHomePhone = '+customer.PersonHomePhone);
The debug logs show PersonHomePhone populated but PersonEmail is null.  The Person Email field is visible on the record after creation via the UI and via a query in Developer Console.

After a random period of time the same query in Execute Anonymous starts to return the PersonEmail field.

I have also witnessed the field being populated if I query it via a list, but empty if I specify an Id in the where clause.

Query list:
SOQL1

Query with Id:
SOQL2

Very strange behaviour.

There seems to be some slow running process that means PersonEmail is not immedeatly available to query (even though it is visible via the UI).

Please help.

Hi,
In visualforce, there's code like

This can be used for string output formatting.

Is there simillar one in Apex, like

Dicimal d = 4000.0;
How can I convert it to a string like '4,000.0'

I tried 2 ways, both failed
1) d.format() , this will be displayed like '4,000'
2) String.format: don't know how to use this API. There's no document from SFDC about this