• 5 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
What is v-lookup function in salesforce?.
 I want to know about v-lookup function

why this function used in salesforce.and  how to use this  V-lookup function in slesforce.?.

HAI FOLKS ,

CAN ANY ONE HELP ME OUT WITH THIS SCENARIO ,ITS VERY  URGENT REQUIREMENT        

Test 1: Microsoft Excel VLOOKUP Function (or Google Spreadsheet VLOOKUP Function)

I've attached a document labeled "Waypoint Test Using VLOOKUP.xlsx". This document can be opened in Microsoft excel or Google spreadsheets. The document contains two tabs.

- The first tab is labeled "City List". The "City List" tab includes a "Property Code" column and "City" column. 
 - The second tab is labeled "Zip Code List". The "Zip Code List" tab includes a "Property Code" column and a "Zip Code" column.

Please update the "City List" tab by adding a new column called "Zip Code". Populate the new "Zip Code" column with the "Zip Code" values from the "Zip Code List" tab by using the VLOOKUP function to references the "Zip Code" value that matches the "Property Code" on both tabs. The "Property Code" is the primary key used to migrate data from the "Zip Code List" tab and the "City List" tab.

Note that there are more records on the "City List" tab than the "Zip Code List" tab. This means that some "Property Codes" will not have a zip code. This is expected.

Save and respond back with updated excel file. If you do not have Microsoft excel, you may use Google spreadsheets.

THANKS IN ADVANCE