• 0 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have created custom objects called Issue and CaseIssue. The Case has a many to many relationship with the Issue object. So the CaseIssue object is a junction object, and the CaseIssue object is a child of the Case.

I would like to create a custom button on the CaseIssue related list, where when I click on it, the modal that presents itself looks like a standard record creation page, but it reality, the user is creating both the CaseIssue and the Issue record.

What is the high level approach to building this? What pages, components, apex code, etc. is needed? Anyone willing to draft some pseudo or sample code? How long do you think this should take an experienced developer? I want to get a high level idea before giving this work to the developer.
I have a custom field on a custom object with a default picklist value. When I create a record via the UI, the default value is respected. But when apex creates the record, the default value is not respected, and the field remains blank. I am not using record types. It is not a controlling or dependent picklist. 
I have a custom field on a custom object with a default picklist value. When I create a record via the UI, the default value is respected. But when apex creates the record, the default value is not respected, and the field remains blank. I am not using record types. It is not a controlling or dependent picklist. 
Hi,  wondered if anyone could help determine why my Return URL is not working on a custom button.

"/a0E/e?CF00N20000001ZdDo_lkid={!Opportunity.Id}&CF00N20000001ZdDo={!Opportunity.Name}&retURL=https://emea.salesforce.com/{!Opportunity.Id}"

The above related to a new custom object related to the opportunity, on saving I would like it to return back to the opportunity.   I have tried lots of different options, even sending it to an external website to see what happens, but everytime it just takes me to the saved new record.

Is this not possible to do with custom objects, same code "retURL" works on custom event buttons.

Thanks for any assistance