• Deloitte

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,

When I started to learn Salesforce I used my personal Salesforce Developer account to login and gain badges of Trailhead. Currently, I am employeed at a company which requested to gain Salesforce badges with my company e-mail. Is there a possibility to merge these accounts or explain Salesforce that the accounts belong to the same user and therefore the badges are interchangeable?

I hope there is a possiblity to avoid unnecessary work :)

Kind regards!
Reinier
I am trying to create a visualforce email template for the welcome email of my community.

<messaging:emailTemplate subject="Bienvenido al Portal de empleo" recipientType="User" relatedToType="Community">
<messaging:plainTextEmailBody >

To get started, go to {!Community_Url}

Thanks,
{!Organization.Name}
</messaging:plainTextEmailBody>
</messaging:emailTemplate>

I get the following error:

Error: Unknown property 'core.email.template.EmailTemplateComponentController.Community_Url'

Are recipientType="User" and relatedToType="Community" the right things to use? Where can I see the mergefields I can use?
Any help welcome!

Thanks!

Is there a way to get access to the username of the receiving community user while using a visualforce email template?  I am not finding the way to get this. 

With an HTML email template you simply have to use {!Receiving_User.Username}.  Visualforce email templates do not like this reference.

I have tried:
  • {!User.Username} - Wrong!  That's the sending user
  • {!Receiving_User.Username} - Template will not save.
    • "Error: Unknown property 'core.email.template.EmailTemplateComponentController.Receiving_User'
  • {!relatedTo.Username} - I can save the template but the result on receipt of the email is blank!
By the way, {!$Network.NetworkUrlForUserEmails} is working great.  

Here is a simple version of my template:

<messaging:emailTemplate recipientType="Contact"
    relatedToType="User"
    subject="Welcome!"
    replyTo="xxx@example.com">
    <messaging:htmlEmailBody >
        <html>
            <body>
                <p>Dear {!recipient.name},</p>
                <p>Your username is: {!Receiving_User.Username} </p> .  <----- DOES NOT WORK!
                <p><a href="{!$Network.NetworkUrlForUserEmails}">Click here to register now! </a></p>
            </body>
        </html>
    </messaging:htmlEmailBody>
</messaging:emailTemplate>
Hi,

When I started to learn Salesforce I used my personal Salesforce Developer account to login and gain badges of Trailhead. Currently, I am employeed at a company which requested to gain Salesforce badges with my company e-mail. Is there a possibility to merge these accounts or explain Salesforce that the accounts belong to the same user and therefore the badges are interchangeable?

I hope there is a possiblity to avoid unnecessary work :)

Kind regards!
Reinier

I'm looking for a method that will have a join/implode functionality.

I cannot seem to find an equivalent in the docs.  Does one exist in APEX?

Thanks