• Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
trigger countTack on MyTask__c (after update) {
   List<MyTask__c> myTask = [SELECT Id,(SELECT Id,CountMyTask__с FROM Contact) FROM MyTask__c WHERE Id IN :Trigger.New];
   for(MyTask__c my :myTask){
      List<Contact> contactList = my.Contacts;
      my.CountMyTask__c = contactList.size();
   }
}
Dont work

Hi,
Iam new to apex. this is one of the trigger scenario bothering me.
Please help me with this.

I have a status checkbox field on accounts.
status picklist field with "open","closed" on contacts.
1) if status="closed" in all the related contacts then checkbox on account should be true.
2) if status="open" in any one of the related contacts then checkbox on account should be false.  
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Trigger:
trigger contactTrigg on contact(after insert, after update, after delete, after undelete){
    if(trigger.isInsert || trigger.isUpdate){
        accProgress.method1(trigger.new,trigger.old);
    }
}

-------
Handler:
public class accProgress{
    public static void method1(list<contact> newInsert, list<contact> oldInsert){

set<id> conSet = new set<id>();

for(contact con1 : newInsert){
            if(con1.Accountid != null){
                conSet.add(con1.accountid);
            }
        }
 for(contact con2 : oldInsert){
                conSet.add(con2.accountid);
        }

List<account> accList =[SELECT id, progress_field__c,(SELECT id, progress_field_contacts__c FROM contacts) FROM account WHERE id IN :conSet];
        if(accList != null){
            for(account acc : accList){
                for(contact con : acc.contacts){

if(con.progress_field_contacts__c == 'open' ){
                        acc.progress_field__c = false;
                    }
                    else{
                        acc.progress_field__c = true;
                    }
                }
            }
            update accList;
        }
    }
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1st one is working. i.e, whenever i make all related contacts "close" . the check box is getting checked(true).
2nd one is where iam failing. when i'm changing any contacts picklist values to open the account status checkbox is not unchecking(false).
please help me.

Need a query that basically says

(ExposeCase = true OR CreatedByID = UserInfo.getUserId()) AND isClosed = false

which would be in the following syntax and sort of a combination of these:

soql += ' Where CreatedById = \'' + UserInfo.getUserId() + '\' OR Expose_Case__c = true';

soql += ' Where Expose_Case__c = true AND isClosed = false';

I am unable to figure out the syntax. I've tried the following 

soql += ' Where CreatedById = \'' + UserInfo.getUserId() + '\' OR Expose_Case__c = true' + 'AND isClosed = false';

Hi,

I need to to change below code and use Database.insert() to insert records, iterate over the results, and persist information about any failures to the database ...reason to do above is I want to report Records in Batchable Salesforce apex code such that it should report where the Level2 or Level3 are NULL..Can some one edit the below Batch apex code to use Database.insert() to insert records, iterate over the results, and persist information about any failures to the database

here is current code
global class ertcopybatch3pm implements Database.Batchable<sObject> {

global Database.QueryLocator start(Database.BatchableContext BC) {
                    // collect the batches of records or objects to be passed to execute

String query = 'select Case__c, Level_1__c, Level_2__c,Level_3__c  FROM ERT_Case_Type__c';
                    System.debug('ERT Case No is =====>' +query);
                    return Database.getQueryLocator(query);
                }

global void execute(Database.BatchableContext BC, List<ERT_Case_Type__c> exeList) {

// process each batch of records
            List<Case_Type__c> listCTD = new List<Case_Type__c>();
                    System.debug('ERT Case No is =====>' +exeList);
                    for(ERT_Case_Type__c exe : exeList)
                    {        
                         listCTD.add(new Case_Type__c(Case__c=exe.Case__c,Level_1__c=exe.Level_1__c,Level_2__c=exe.Level_2__c,Level_3__c=exe.Level_3__c));
                       // System.debug('ERT Case No is =====>' +Case__c);
                    }
                    try {
                      System.debug('ERT Case No is =====>' +listCTD);
                        insert listCTD;

} catch(Exception e) {
                        System.debug(e);
                    }

}   

global void finish(Database.BatchableContext BC) {
                  // execute any post-processing operations
              }
            }

Your help is highly appreciated

Regards.
Fiona

Hi ,

I am new to Salesforce development, and I am doing my first project on integrating Salesforce and external systems. My remote system will use the REST API to create/update/delete data in Salesforce. I read the following in the Salesforce document :

"Error handling—All the remote call-in methods, standard or custom APIs, require the remote system to handle any subsequent errors, such as timeouts and the management of retries. Middleware can be used to provide the logic for error handling and recovery.

• Recovery—A custom retry mechanism needs to be created if quality-of-service requirements dictate it. In this case, it’s important to ensure idempotent design characteristics. Platform event enables subscribers to use the replay ID to fetch messages within a certain time period after those messages were published."

Can anyone please tell me what kind of errors and recovery I will have to take care of in my remote system? Any links will be very helpful for me. I am not using any middleware, in what cases should I consider using a middleware. 

Hello friends, need suggestion please.
I have inherited a trigger written by my predecessor which is throwing exception error. Can someone help in getting this sorted? What is the reason of getting this error ?

****** Code Start ******
trigger OnAccountTrigger on Account (before update, before insert) {
    // Create the map to store mappings
    //Map<String, String> objParentAccountMapping = new Map<String, String>();
    // Create set to store ids
    Set<Id> arParentAccountIds = new Set<Id>();
    // get all the Ids for the accounts that are inserted in that execution context.
    for(Account objAccount : Trigger.New) {
        // Check if we have a person
        if ((objAccount.Person_Account_Parent__c != null) && (objAccount.IsPersonAccount)) {
            // Retrieve the related contact
            // Retrieve the parent account from objAccount.Person_Account_Parent__c
            // Update the local contact from the objAccount.PersonContactId of that retrieved parent
            arParentAccountIds.add(objAccount.Person_Account_Parent__c);
        }
    }

// Store the map   
    Map<Id, Account> objAccountChildContact = new Map<Id, Account>([select Id, PersonContactId from Account WHERE Id IN : arParentAccountIds]);

System.debug('Map');
    System.debug(objAccountChildContact);

// get all the Ids for the accounts that are inserted in that execution context.
    for(Account objAccount : Trigger.New) {
        // Check if we have a person
        if ((objAccount.Person_Account_Parent__c != null)) {
            // Retrieve the related contact
            // Retrieve the parent account from objAccount.Person_Account_Parent__c
            // Update the local contact from the objAccount.PersonContactId of that retrieved parent

// Set the contact
           /*below in red is line 32*/
 objAccount.Parent__pc = objAccountChildContact.get(objAccount.Person_Account_Parent__c).PersonContactId; 
            System.debug('Updating contact parent for [' + objAccount.Id + '] to [' + objAccount.Parent__pc +']');

}
    }
}

Error Message:
Apex script unhandled trigger exception by user/organization:
OnAccountTrigger: execution of BeforeUpdate

caused by: System.NullPointerException: Attempt to de-reference a null object

Trigger.OnAccountTrigger: line 32, column 1

***** Code End *****

Thanks in advance !

Hi,

I am looking for a email validation in lightning component.

1. Is that possible by using in a component ? without using controller or helper ?

2. If No, Can you guide me to get a following email validation.

3.  It should end with ( .COM). Let's say for example it should the validation if it's  in following format " abc@d.o " .

Regards,
Soundar.
Hi

I'm fairly new to flow development but I'm trying to be a bit efficient when it comes to building them keeping in mind the governor limits. So what I wanted to do was build a master flow which runs when an object is saved which runs various subflows. What I want to do in the master is select the record and pass that off to the subflows which will alter the data and then pass it back out and set a "Data Changed" variable so the master know if it has to save the record. 

Problem seems to be that although I have selected the record out in the master I don't seem to be able to pass that to the input variable on my subflow.

This is my Master Flow

Master Flow
Candidate Record Variable
Candidate Record Variable

Sub Flow
Subflow

The Email action was put in so that I could check that the record selected had been populated when I ran / debugged the flow. Which it was. 

I think the issue is because the Candidate Record input variable is not being set but I'm not sure why.

Anyone that has any ideas would be a life saver.

Thanks
I have created a lookup field on the content version object that I am trying to auto populate whenever a file is uploaded on that object.

I created a trigger but it only works sometimes, and other times it doesn't.

This is the code that I have:

trigger UpdateCVLookup on ContentVersion (after insert) {

Set<Id> contentDocumentIdSet = new Set<Id>();

for(ContentVersion cv:trigger.new)
    {
        if(cv.ContentDocumentId != null)
        {
            contentDocumentIdSet.add(cv.ContentDocumentId);
        }
    }

ContentDocumentLink cdl = [SELECT ContentDocumentId, LinkedEntityId FROM ContentDocumentLink WHERE ContentDocumentId IN:contentDocumentIdSet LIMIT 1];

// Project__c can be replaced with the object that has the lookup relationship.

List<Project__c> upList = [SELECT Id, name FROM Project__c where Id =:cdl.LinkedEntityId];   

//In the following line, make sure to replace Project__c(The lookup field name) with the api name of the lookup field on the content version object.
    List<ContentVersion> cvList = [SELECT Id, Project__c, ContentDocumentId FROM ContentVersion where Id IN: Trigger.newMap.keySet()];

for(ContentVersion cv:cvList)
    {
        if(upList.size() > 0)
        {//In the next line Project__c is referring to the lookup object.
            for(Project__c p : upList){
                //The following line Project__c is referring to the lookup field on Content Versions.
                cv.Project__c = p.Id; 
            }
        }
        else if(upList.size() > 0){
            //The next two lines containing Project__c are referring to the lookup field on Content Versions
            cv.Project__c = cdl.LinkedEntityId;
        } else {
            //This line below is required so that files can still be uploaded to other objects.
            cv.Project__c = null;
        }
    }
    update cvList;
}
I have a custom object called "Returned Mail". This has a field called "parent record". This is a lookup to Returned Mail record (not itself, a different returned mail record). 
Ex: Test 1 and Test 2 are returned mail records. Test 1 is a lookup on Test 2 and is called as the parent record. When someone creates a new record called Test 3 and tries to set Test 2 as its parent record then, they should be prevented from doing so and the field should populate to Test 1. 

User-added image

User-added image
Hello,

I've been struggling with creating a test class for a custom controller with if statements for a Visualforce page. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong and have looked all over these forums and google for an answer with no luck. If someone could give this a shot and let me know what I am doing wrong that would be amazing.

Here is my controller:
public class SuspectListController {
	public final Account act;
    public SuspectListController(ApexPages.StandardController stdController) {
        this.act = (Account)stdController.getRecord();
    }

public Id AccountId = ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('id');

public List<HealthCloudGA__EhrEncounter__c> EHRRecords = [SELECT Name, CreatedDate, HealthCloudGA__HospitalizeDischargeDiagnosis__c
                                                       FROM HealthCloudGA__EhrEncounter__c WHERE HealthCloudGA__Account__c = :AccountId AND CreatedDate = LAST_N_DAYS:365 ORDER BY CreatedDate desc];

public List<String> RType = new List<String>();
    public List<String> Name = new List<String>();
    public List<String> CDate = new List<String>();
    public List<String> Code = new List<String>();
    public List<String> Description = new List<String>();

public List<String> getType() {
        for (HealthCloudGA__EhrEncounter__c encounter : EHRRecords) {
             if (!Description.contains(encounter.HealthCloudGA__HospitalizeDischargeDiagnosis__c) && encounter.HealthCloudGA__HospitalizeDischargeDiagnosis__c != null) {
                RType.add('EHR Encounter');
                Name.add(encounter.Name);
                Cdate.add(encounter.CreatedDate.format('MM/dd/yyyy'));
                Code.add('');
                Description.add(encounter.HealthCloudGA__HospitalizeDischargeDiagnosis__c);
            }
        }    

return RType;
    }

public List<String> getName() {
        return Name;
    }

public List<String> getCDate() {
        return CDate;
    }

public List<String> getCode() {
        return Code;
    }

public List<String> getDescription() {
        return Description;
    }
This controller was created to add field values to a list if they are not on the list already and pass that list to an html table on a Visualforce page (Adding to every list in the first function is a bit funky but it saves from looping through each record in each function). My test class currently passes everything except for the if statement and its contents.

Here is my current test class:
@isTest
private class SuspectListTestClass {
    @testSetup static void testSetup() {
        Account testaccount = new Account();
        testaccount.name = 'Zander Test';
        testaccount.Primary_Insurance__c = 'Test Insurance Company';
        testaccount.Gender__c = 'Male';
        testaccount.County__c = 'Maricopa';
        testaccount.RecordTypeId = '012360000004FEPAA2';
        insert testaccount;
    }

@isTest static void testEHREncounterPass() {
        Account act = [SELECT Id FROM Account WHERE Name = 'Zander Test' LIMIT 1];
        HealthCloudGA__EhrEncounter__c testencounter1 = new HealthCloudGA__EhrEncounter__c();
        testencounter1.HealthCloudGA__Account__c = act.Id;
        testencounter1.HealthCloudGA__HospitalizeDischargeDiagnosis__c = 'Test';
        insert testencounter1;
        PageReference testpagereference = Page.SuspectList;
        test.setCurrentPage(testpagereference);
        SuspectListController testcontroller = new SuspectListController(new ApexPages.StandardController(act));
        testcontroller.Description.add('');
        String[] record = testcontroller.getType();
        System.assertEquals('EHR Encounter',record[0]);
    }

@isTest static void testEHREncounterFail() {
        HealthCloudGA__EhrEncounter__c testencounter2 = new HealthCloudGA__EhrEncounter__c();
        testencounter2.HealthCloudGA__Account__c = act.Id;
        testencounter2.HealthCloudGA__HospitalizeDischargeDiagnosis__c = 'Test';
        insert testencounter2;
        SuspectListController testcontroller = new SuspectListController(new ApexPages.StandardController(act));
        testcontroller.Description.add('Test');
        testcontroller.getType();
    }

@isTest static void testSuspectListController() {
        testcontroller.getName();
        testcontroller.getCDate();
        testcontroller.getCode();
        testcontroller.getDescription();
    }
}
From what I understand you need to have one test where it is meant to pass and one where it is meant to fail. I have made 2 test methods but no matter what I do I can not seem to get one to pass. I get an error from the assertEquals() saying that the index is out of range meaning it did not add "EHR Encounter" to the RType list.

Am I missing something here??
I feel like I have inserted a record that should pass but I guess not.
Please help!

Thanks in advance!

Hi All,
         I want to create a validation rule which have conditions below:-
1. When IsReccur__c(checkbox) is true and ReccurWithTime___c(Checkbox) is false and reccurType__c(Picklist) and NumberReccur__c(Picklist) is null than show error :- You cant save record.
2. When IsReccur__c is false and ReccurWithTime___c is also false,
 and EndTime(Date/Time) and startTime(Date/TIme)  is not blank than show error.
3.  When IsReccur__c is True and ReccurWithTime___c is also True,
 and EndTime(Date/Time) and startTime(Date/TIme)  is not blank than show error.
Can anyone help me with this validation?
Hi All,

I am getting system.null pointer exception: attempt to de-reference a null object, when trying to insert a record with null value in date field.
How to resolve this error. Need your assistance to fix this issue.

Below is my Trigger:
Trigger:

trigger insertDailyPractices on Study_Plan__c (after insert) 
{
    System.debug('--- Inside Trigger ---');
    List<Daily_Practice__c> dplist = new List<Daily_Practice__c>();    

for(Study_Plan__c sp : Trigger.New)
    {
            Integer daycount = sp.Phase_Start_Date__c.daysBetween(sp.Phase_End_Date__c); ----/// Getting error in this line.

System.debug('--- Inside For Loop ---' + sp.Phase_Start_Date__c);
            System.debug('--- Day Count ---' + daycount);

for(integer i=0; i<=daycount; i++)
        {
            Daily_Practice__c dps = new Daily_Practice__c();
            dps.Due_Date__c = sp.Phase_Start_Date__c.addDays(i) + 1;
            dps.StudyPlan__c = sp.Id;
            dps.Status__c = 'Assigned';
            dplist.add(dps);
        }
    }

if(dplist.size() > 0)
    {
        insert dplist;
    }    
    system.debug('--- Inserted Daily Practice ---'+ dplist.size());
}

Thanks
Hello, I am playing with @future method with below code

public class AccountProcessor {
@future
  public static void countContacts(List<Id> recordIds) {
       string AcName = 'United Oil & Gas%';
       List<AggregateResult> ct_contacts = [Select AccountId, Count(Name) from Contact Where Account.Name Like :AcName group by AccountId ];
       List<Account> Upd_Account = new List<Account>();

system.debug('Count - ' + ct_contacts.size());

for (AggregateResult ar : ct_contacts)  {
            Account acc = new Account();
            acc.Id = ((Id)ar.get('AccountId'));
            acc.Number_of_Contacts__c = ((Integer)ar.get('expr0'));
            Upd_Account.add(acc);

}
      update Upd_Account;
  }
}

and below test calss

@IsTest
public class AccountProcessorTest {
      @IsTest
      private static void testAccountProcessor() {
        Id myId1 = Id.valueOf('0016g000007qSglAAE');
        Id myId2 = Id.valueOf('0016g000007qSgmAAE');
        List<Id> MyList =new List<Id>();
        MyList.add(myId1);
        MyList.add(myId2);

Test.startTest();
          AccountProcessor.countContacts(MyList);
        Test.stopTest();

// runs callout and check results
        List<AggregateResult> logs = [Select AccountId, Count(Name) from Contact Where AccountId IN :MyList group by AccountId];
        System.assertEquals(0, logs.size());
      }
}

My code is not gettign 100% coverage i treid removing @future as well but it is not executing the SOQL..

Select AccountId, Count(Name) from Contact Where Account.Name Like :AcName group by AccountId

I beleive it is not able to substitute the variable.

14:00:17:006 SOQL_EXECUTE_BEGIN [4]|Aggregations:0|SELECT AccountId, COUNT(Name) FROM Contact WHERE Account.Name LIKE :tmpVar1 GROUP BY AccountId

Is there any lilitation for using AggregateResult?

Thanks,
Sakthi
Test class below that was working perfectly is now failing with "Methods defined as TestMethod do not support Web service callouts" I have narrowed it down to the case insert line insert c; .  Is this a permissions issue on the case object ? all the other inserts work .

@isTest

public class DefaultEntitlementTest {
     static testmethod void ValidateDefaultEntitlementAction() {
        Account[] acc = new Account[] {
            new Account(Name='Test Account 1'),
            new Account(Name='Test Account 2')
        };
        insert acc;

Contact[] contacts = new Contact[] {
            new Contact(FirstName='Test 1', LastName='McTesty', AccountId = acc[0].id),
            new Contact(FirstName='Test 2', LastName='McTesty', AccountId = acc[0].id)
        };
        insert contacts;

Id entitlementProcessId = [SELECT Id FROM SlaProcess WHERE SObjectType = 'Case' LIMIT 1].Id;

Entitlement[] ent = new Entitlement[] {
            new Entitlement (AccountId=acc[0].Id, SLAProcessId = entitlementProcessId, Name = 'Test Entitlement Account',
                                           StartDate = system.today(), EndDate = system.today()),
            new Entitlement (AccountId=acc[1].id, SLAProcessId = entitlementProcessId, Name = 'Test Entitlement Contact',
                                           StartDate = system.today().addDays(-1), EndDate = system.today().addDays(5))
        };
        insert ent;

EntitlementContact ec = new EntitlementContact(ContactId = contacts[0].id, EntitlementId = ent[1].id);
        insert ec;

Case c = new Case(AccountId = acc[0].id, ContactId = contacts[0].id, Subject='Test');
        insert c;

List<Case> caseList = new List<Case>{c};

DefaultEntitlementAction.updateDefaultEntitlements(caseList);
    }
}

Hello,
My use case is that I am importing csv files through data import wizard to land on a custom object ("Network Statistic"), which has a lookup field to its parent object, namely "Account" (custom field called "Referral Account"). This is an insert (not upsert) import. I need the lookup field to populate for 100% of the records, and therefore if the parent account does not exist, I need my Trigger to add and insert that account, before my Network Statistic record is added. Below is some sample code that doesn't work but may be on the right track... 

trigger NetworkStatsTrigger on Network_Statistic__c (before insert) {
 Map<String,Network_Statistic__c> hospNumbers = new Map<String,Network_Statistic__c>();
 Set<String> presentHospNumber = new Set<String>();
 List<Account> accList = new List<Account>();
 for(Network_Statistic__c d : Trigger.new){
  if(d.Referral_account__c != null && d.Referral_account__r.Hospital_number__c != null){
    hospNumbers.put(d.Referral_account__r.Hospital_number__c ,d);
  }
 }
 List<Account> presentAccounts = [SELECT Id,hospital_number__c FROM Account WHERE hospital_Number__c in : hospNumbers.keySet()];
 for(Account a : presentAccounts){
     presentHospNumber.add(a.hospital_number__c);
 }
 Set<String> hospNumberToAdd = hospNumbers.keySet(); 
 hospNumberToAdd.removeAll(presentHospNumber); 
 for(String hospNum : hospNumberToAdd){
  Account a = new Account();
  a.Name = hospNumbers.get(hospNum).hospital_name__c;
  a.AccountNumber = hospNum ;
  a.hospital_number__c = hospNum ;
  accList.add(a);
 }
 insert accList;
}

If user clicks on the case no. in community page, the details needs to be displayed in community layout. Developing Lightning Web Component for this to display the case details (few fields only). I have html file and xml files ready. When trying to save the .js file, I am getting the below error msg. Can someone help me on this.. new to this. 
I am following the link by @RajVakati  (Displaying Record Fields section)
https://rajvakati.com/lightning-web-components/

The 'title' property does not exist on the component Error

<template>
    <lightning-record-view-form
                record-id={recordId}
                object-api-name="case">
        <div class="slds-grid slds-gutters">
            <div class="slds-col slds-size_1-of-2">
                <lightning-output-field field-name='CaseNumber'></lightning-output-field>
            </div>
            <div class="slds-col slds-size_1-of-2">
                <lightning-output-field field-name='Origin'></lightning-output-field>
            </div>

import { LightningElement ,api} from 'lwc';

export default class Recordview extends LightningElement {
    @api recordId ;
}

</div>
    </lightning-record-view-form>
</template>

• January 20, 2020
Hello all,
I am trying to show another div based on a checkbox toggle but its not working.  I tried using the aura:if but the div never renders.  I am able to use the aura:if is true in other places on the form but not for the checkbox toggle.  
<div class="modalCheckContainer">
                <span>
                    <label class="slds-checkbox--toggle slds-grid checkbox-left">
                        <span class="slds-form-element__label slds-m-bottom--none">file attached?</span>
                        <input id="attfile__c" type="checkbox" name="checkbox"
                            aria-describedby="fileattatoggle" value="{!v.fileatttoggle}" />
                        <span id="Toggle" class="slds-checkbox--faux_container" aria-live="assertive">
                            <span class="slds-checkbox--faux"></span>
                            <span class="slds-checkbox--on"></span>
                        </span>
                    </label>
                </span>
        </div>

Cheers,
P
I am writing an after-insert trigger on the Case object.  I am looking to send an email to one of two people depending on a field that is a child of the Account object.  A sibling to Case.  In my journey I have found that it is not possible to query a sibling (correct me if I'm wrong).  So I've decided,  once I have the Case, I will take the AccountId and do all of my logic and querys from there.

CustObject_Chld2Acct.fieldname - Child to Account, sibling to Contact

List<AggregateResult> AggregateResultList = [SELECT AccountId, Account.Name name, COUNT(Id) co, 
                                    FROM Case
                                    WHERE CreatedDate = LAST_N_DAYS:5
                                    GROUP BY AccountId, Account.Name
                                    HAVING COUNT(Id)  >= 8];

Set<Id> accIdSet = new Set<Id>();
        for(Case c: AggregateResultList) {
        if(c.AccountId != null) {
           System.debug(c.AccountId);
           // Now i have the Account ID, what do I do?  
           //Need to access fields in Account Object (Parent)
           //Need to access fields in CustObject_Chld2Acct          
        }

Hi,

I'm creating a Unit Test for a method that calls to another callout method.

I got the following error: Methods defined as TestMethod do not support Web service callouts

I've already created the Unit Test for the callout method and everything works OK.

How could I do it?

cass a{

public mycalloutmethod(url){ return Response.body}

public mymethodfortesting(){
String a = mycalloutmethod('myurl');
do something else
}
}

Thanks,
Pedro

Hi,

I am looking to see the best approach for Salesforce CI. I have gone through many forum and blogs but haven't been able to grasp them. I tried to setup CI for the entire org but facing a lot of challeges which I guess you guys quite aware of.

What I am looking to do incremental deployment based on the git diff, dynamically generate package.xml based on the metadata committed which I think would be manageable something like sfdc-git-package https://www.npmjs.com/package/sfdc-git-package. I am having a hard time implementing this.

Please someone help
Can someone help me to show how I can change the Sales Console Lightning Layout. Currently it is showing as shown in the screen shot below as 3 Column layout. I wanted to change the layout to show the highlight panel on top. I am finding no help from Salesforce help section or trailhead for this. Please bear in mind I am talking about Lightning Sales Console and not Classic. I did the Edit Page and takes me but doesn't allow me to change the layout. 

User-added image
Is there a way to hide "Save & New" Button from the Task page Layout?

User-added image

I looked at everywhere and couldn't find the solution. I do want to give them Create/Edit Permission so no option there to remove that.

Please help
Custom URL for the cast creating inline headers and side bar. I tried the following addition things

urlConcat += '&inline=0';
            urlConcat += '&isdtp=lt';
            urlConcat += '&isdtp=nv';
            urlConcat += '&isdtp=vw';

the only one that work is '&isdtp=nv' but after saving the activity, the hyperlink in the related list doesn't work. I have attached a screen shot 

User-added image

Anyone can help?

Hi,

I am looking to see the best approach for Salesforce CI. I have gone through many forum and blogs but haven't been able to grasp them. I tried to setup CI for the entire org but facing a lot of challeges which I guess you guys quite aware of.

What I am looking to do incremental deployment based on the git diff, dynamically generate package.xml based on the metadata committed which I think would be manageable something like sfdc-git-package https://www.npmjs.com/package/sfdc-git-package. I am having a hard time implementing this.

Please someone help
IF Case Status is selected as "In Progress" then Users has to enter Case Comment(make case comment mandatory).
Do we need to write  a trigger for this or can this done with out of the box options. Please advise!!
trigger countTack on MyTask__c (after update) {
   List<MyTask__c> myTask = [SELECT Id,(SELECT Id,CountMyTask__с FROM Contact) FROM MyTask__c WHERE Id IN :Trigger.New];
   for(MyTask__c my :myTask){
      List<Contact> contactList = my.Contacts;
      my.CountMyTask__c = contactList.size();
   }
}
Dont work
Hi,
When I am creating account
{ "Name" :"Blackbeards Grog Emporium", "description": "The finest grog in the seven seas." }
Error
"Service not found at: /services/data/v43.0/sobjects/account"
I want to create an object with some predefined and prefilled data depending on the selected Picklist value. But then the picklist shall no be active, which means it is impossible to change the picklist value? 

How to implement it? 

Hi,
Iam new to apex. this is one of the trigger scenario bothering me.
Please help me with this.

I have a status checkbox field on accounts.
status picklist field with "open","closed" on contacts.
1) if status="closed" in all the related contacts then checkbox on account should be true.
2) if status="open" in any one of the related contacts then checkbox on account should be false.  
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Trigger:
trigger contactTrigg on contact(after insert, after update, after delete, after undelete){
    if(trigger.isInsert || trigger.isUpdate){
        accProgress.method1(trigger.new,trigger.old);
    }
}

-------
Handler:
public class accProgress{
    public static void method1(list<contact> newInsert, list<contact> oldInsert){

set<id> conSet = new set<id>();

for(contact con1 : newInsert){
            if(con1.Accountid != null){
                conSet.add(con1.accountid);
            }
        }
 for(contact con2 : oldInsert){
                conSet.add(con2.accountid);
        }

List<account> accList =[SELECT id, progress_field__c,(SELECT id, progress_field_contacts__c FROM contacts) FROM account WHERE id IN :conSet];
        if(accList != null){
            for(account acc : accList){
                for(contact con : acc.contacts){

if(con.progress_field_contacts__c == 'open' ){
                        acc.progress_field__c = false;
                    }
                    else{
                        acc.progress_field__c = true;
                    }
                }
            }
            update accList;
        }
    }
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1st one is working. i.e, whenever i make all related contacts "close" . the check box is getting checked(true).
2nd one is where iam failing. when i'm changing any contacts picklist values to open the account status checkbox is not unchecking(false).
please help me.

Dear All,
I am new to SFDC development and I wonder how difficult is the following project. Under the Account object we have a child-related list object, let's call it B-Object.

When I create a new record of B-Object under Account-A, I would like the form to show a list of Items with a checkbox at the top, similar to the view below.

User-added image
The list of records comes from another related object, let's call it 'C-Object'. 
Once I click save the 'B-object' record has a field (text field?) with the list of the IDs of 'C-Object' records selected during creation.

I'm open to any suggestion and or alternatives. If you have any examples please send it over. 
Many Thanks,

GC

Need a query that basically says

(ExposeCase = true OR CreatedByID = UserInfo.getUserId()) AND isClosed = false

which would be in the following syntax and sort of a combination of these:

soql += ' Where CreatedById = \'' + UserInfo.getUserId() + '\' OR Expose_Case__c = true';

soql += ' Where Expose_Case__c = true AND isClosed = false';

I am unable to figure out the syntax. I've tried the following 

soql += ' Where CreatedById = \'' + UserInfo.getUserId() + '\' OR Expose_Case__c = true' + 'AND isClosed = false';

We receive from an external system different records that have a field called Serial__C that contains the same value for certain records. 

For example:

Record A: Serial__c = 12345
Record B: Serial__c = 12345

I would liek to create a query that group in a list all the Sobject that have the same value in the Serial__c.

Hi, i have written trigger on opportunity while inset or update. this logic compare opp with already existed prodcuts on org. if it maches we are throughing an error message on opp record. but i am getting null pointer excpetion. please any help

trigger helloOppTrg on Opportunity (after insert,after update) {

list<Id>accIdlst          = new list<Id>();
    list<string>oppOrdernolst = new list<string>();
    for (Opportunity objOpp : Trigger.new) {
        oppOrdernolst.add(objOpp.OrderNumber__c);
        accIdlst.add(objOpp.AccountId);
    }
    system.debug('opp order no entering'+oppOrdernolst);
    system.debug('account id entering'+accIdlst);
    list<Opportunity> oppwithaccount = new list<Opportunity>();
    oppwithaccount = [SELECT Id,AccountId,OrderNumber__c,Account.Name FROM Opportunity WHERE AccountId=:accIdlst];
    list<string>accname= new list<string>();
    for(Opportunity acc:oppwithaccount){
        accname.add(acc.Account.Name);
    }
    system.debug('account name'+accname);
    list<Product2> matchProduct = new list<Product2>();
    matchProduct = [SELECT Id, IsActive, ProductCode, Name FROM Product2
                    WHERE ProductCode =:oppOrdernolst AND Name =:accname];
    system.debug('product records'+matchProduct);

for(Opportunity objOpp:oppwithaccount) {
        system.debug('opp id top'+objOpp.id);

for(Product2 proloop : matchProduct) {
            system.debug('inside second loop');
            if(proloop.IsActive==false && proloop.ProductCode==objOpp.OrderNumber__c
               && proloop.Name==objOpp.Account.Name){
                   system.debug('inside third loop');
                   system.debug('opp id'+objOpp.id); // Id value is showing properly
                    Opportunity oppfromtriggernewmap = Trigger.newMap.get(objOpp.id); // but here it reurns null value
                    system.debug('just opp before error msg'+oppfromtriggernewmap); // Null
                   oppfromtriggernewmap.OrderNumber__c.addError('check is false so can not update/insert record MACHED');// Null pointer exception 
               }
        }
    }

}
I have Orders and Contacts, and is it possible when an order is approved to lock the contact until the event is over.