• 0 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I'm not familiar with Apex Triggers but I think I have a use case that requires one. Our org has a cutom object called Surveys. When a new Survey record is created, I want to update a field on an existing Case. I tried using a Workflow Rule, but the Case fields were not available in the Workflow Action 'New field update'. I'm guessing it's not the right kind of relationship. We're using Classic interface and in the process of migrating to Lightning.

The Survey has a field called Date Survey Completed. I want it to update a date field called QI Date, on a related Case. Surveys and Cases have a lookup relationship. 

Before I take the time to learn about and attempt to write an Apex Trigger, I wanted to ask: Does this sound like a situation that calls for a trigger or is there a simpler process to address this? and, if so, does anyone have an example of a similar code I could use as a starting point?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
I'm not familiar with Apex Triggers but I think I have a use case that requires one. Our org has a cutom object called Surveys. When a new Survey record is created, I want to update a field on an existing Case. I tried using a Workflow Rule, but the Case fields were not available in the Workflow Action 'New field update'. I'm guessing it's not the right kind of relationship. We're using Classic interface and in the process of migrating to Lightning.

The Survey has a field called Date Survey Completed. I want it to update a date field called QI Date, on a related Case. Surveys and Cases have a lookup relationship. 

Before I take the time to learn about and attempt to write an Apex Trigger, I wanted to ask: Does this sound like a situation that calls for a trigger or is there a simpler process to address this? and, if so, does anyone have an example of a similar code I could use as a starting point?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
I just got a new PC and have loaded the Data Loader on it.  I have successfully logged in and am trying to export a file but get the following error:
!LoadWisard.errorFileCreate!extract.csv
I have created a folder for the files to export to but cannot get rid of this error?