• Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello,

During some testing of Visualforce using inline edit I've found that when using <apex:detail inlineEdit="True"> double clicking on a field and making a change causes the displayed buttons to dynamically change. When using the Account standard controller the buttons change from Edit, Delete, Sharing, Include Offline to Save,Cancel.

I'd like to do have this same functionality on a page that doesn't use <apex:detail>. I don't need to display every field on this page. Currently the page I've created does support inline editing and changes do get saved correctly. However the page always display the Edit, Save, Cancel buttons and doesn't dynamically change like it does within <apex:detail>.

Does anyone know if replicating the button behavior of <apex: detail inlineEdit="True"> is possible?

Thanks,

Mike
Hello,

I have a Visualforce page that is using a tab panel and contains 5 individual tabs right now. On tab 5 I'm displaying a few fields using a combo of apex:repeat and a fieldset to limit what is shown. I've included apex:commandbuttons for edit and save on this tab.

What I'd like to have happen is when people click the Edit button people are sent to a second VF page (an edit page basically) i've created that contains only inputfields bounded by the same fieldset I mentioned above.

I've tested the second VF page manually and it works well. The only thing I'm missing is how to send users from the first VF page to the second one when they hit that Edit button.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mike
Hello,

I am looking into adding pagination to a Visualforce page and have read a few articles about doing so. Most of these examples include logic that uses the following variables:
  • PageNumber
  • ResultSize
  • PageSize
  • HasPrevious
  • HasNext

I'm guessing these are member variables which have to do something with the StandardSetController class. I'm wondering if anyone can point me to any documentation about these variables?

Thanks,

Mike
Hello, I've just started looking into VF tab panels and wanted to find out if it's possible to show select fields within a tab? For example, I have an object with over 200 fields in it and I want to display 50 per tab. I was thinking of using something like fieldsets to group these fields together. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks,

Mike
Hello,

I wanted to know if it's possible to query via the REST API the number of validation rules in use by an Object? We're starting a rollout of Salesforce Enterprise and from what I've read there is a limit of 100 validation rules for a single object. I'd like to programmatically setup a job on an external server that queries things like validation rules and if we approach some sort of threshold to email/alert out.

Thanks,

Mike
Hello, new to Salesforce and was wondering how to tackle a issue that deals with images. I've created a custom object (called Shirt) which deals with a product to be sold. It has fields for things like name, description, etc...

I'd like to also include images with this object so when people look at a Shirt record will see all the images of this particular shirt.

Not sure if a custom object can hold a image field or if I need to handle this another way. 

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

​Mike
Hello,

During some testing of Visualforce using inline edit I've found that when using <apex:detail inlineEdit="True"> double clicking on a field and making a change causes the displayed buttons to dynamically change. When using the Account standard controller the buttons change from Edit, Delete, Sharing, Include Offline to Save,Cancel.

I'd like to do have this same functionality on a page that doesn't use <apex:detail>. I don't need to display every field on this page. Currently the page I've created does support inline editing and changes do get saved correctly. However the page always display the Edit, Save, Cancel buttons and doesn't dynamically change like it does within <apex:detail>.

Does anyone know if replicating the button behavior of <apex: detail inlineEdit="True"> is possible?

Thanks,

Mike
Hello,

I have a Visualforce page that is using a tab panel and contains 5 individual tabs right now. On tab 5 I'm displaying a few fields using a combo of apex:repeat and a fieldset to limit what is shown. I've included apex:commandbuttons for edit and save on this tab.

What I'd like to have happen is when people click the Edit button people are sent to a second VF page (an edit page basically) i've created that contains only inputfields bounded by the same fieldset I mentioned above.

I've tested the second VF page manually and it works well. The only thing I'm missing is how to send users from the first VF page to the second one when they hit that Edit button.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mike
Hello,

I am looking into adding pagination to a Visualforce page and have read a few articles about doing so. Most of these examples include logic that uses the following variables:
  • PageNumber
  • ResultSize
  • PageSize
  • HasPrevious
  • HasNext

I'm guessing these are member variables which have to do something with the StandardSetController class. I'm wondering if anyone can point me to any documentation about these variables?

Thanks,

Mike
Hello, I've just started looking into VF tab panels and wanted to find out if it's possible to show select fields within a tab? For example, I have an object with over 200 fields in it and I want to display 50 per tab. I was thinking of using something like fieldsets to group these fields together. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks,

Mike
Hello,

I wanted to know if it's possible to query via the REST API the number of validation rules in use by an Object? We're starting a rollout of Salesforce Enterprise and from what I've read there is a limit of 100 validation rules for a single object. I'd like to programmatically setup a job on an external server that queries things like validation rules and if we approach some sort of threshold to email/alert out.

Thanks,

Mike