• 0 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Starting sometime in the past 3 days, describing an object (SOAP) returns a envelope with an obvious misspelling.  SOAP parsers (like WSC) will pick it up right away and fail.

6-mai-16 14:25:54          Unexpected element. Parser was expecting element 'urn:partner.soap.sforce.com:deprecatedAndHidden' but found 'urn:partner.soap.sforce.com:deprprecatedAndHidden'
com.sforce.ws.ConnectionException: Unexpected element. Parser was expecting element 'urn:partner.soap.sforce.com:deprecatedAndHidden' but found 'urn:partner.soap.sforce.com:deprprecatedAndHidden'

Salesforce QA must have missed this one;-) and I do not see a possible work-around. help! (or should I say helpp!)
I have discovered a custom object on a customer's instance where:
  • SELECT column_name FROM Visit__c
returns an UNEXPECTED_EXCEPTION error for 8 of the columns in the table. All of the columns are forumula/checkbox columns types. In SOQL workbench, the queries also return an unexpected error type message. My question: The customer has basic support BUT in this case the problem appears to be with the Salesforce back-end. Since there is not work-around what steps will get Salesforce's attention?

How did we reduce this to a simple case? The problem started out with CopyStorm throwing an exception when trying to extract data from the table. Using a debug switch, we extracted the problem SELECT statement. Then we wrote a tiny Python script using the SQLForce module and let a program find the problem columns.  Then we verified the issue using Salesforce's workbench. Elapsed time: 15 minutes.
When accessed using the Summer'15 API (protocol 34), Winter'15 is returning several SOAP types not defined in the the Summer'15 API. Example: When describeSObject is called for SearchLayout the response includes a SoapType of SearchLayoutFieldsDisplayed -- However, the SerachLayoutFieldsDisplayed SoapType is not defined in the Summer'15 WSDL (it was introduced in Winter'15).

The bug -- certain SoapTypes introduced in Winter'15 SoapTypes are bleeding into the Summer'14 API.  I have verified that the types do not bleed into Summer'13 or Summer'11.
When accessed using the Summer'15 API (protocol 34), Winter'15 is returning several SOAP types not defined in the the Summer'15 API. Example: When describeSObject is called for SearchLayout the response includes a SoapType of SearchLayoutFieldsDisplayed -- However, the SerachLayoutFieldsDisplayed SoapType is not defined in the Summer'15 WSDL (it was introduced in Winter'15).

The bug -- certain SoapTypes introduced in Winter'15 SoapTypes are bleeding into the Summer'14 API.  I have verified that the types do not bleed into Summer'13 or Summer'11.
Starting sometime in the past 3 days, describing an object (SOAP) returns a envelope with an obvious misspelling.  SOAP parsers (like WSC) will pick it up right away and fail.

6-mai-16 14:25:54          Unexpected element. Parser was expecting element 'urn:partner.soap.sforce.com:deprecatedAndHidden' but found 'urn:partner.soap.sforce.com:deprprecatedAndHidden'
com.sforce.ws.ConnectionException: Unexpected element. Parser was expecting element 'urn:partner.soap.sforce.com:deprecatedAndHidden' but found 'urn:partner.soap.sforce.com:deprprecatedAndHidden'

Salesforce QA must have missed this one;-) and I do not see a possible work-around. help! (or should I say helpp!)
I have discovered a custom object on a customer's instance where:
  • SELECT column_name FROM Visit__c
returns an UNEXPECTED_EXCEPTION error for 8 of the columns in the table. All of the columns are forumula/checkbox columns types. In SOQL workbench, the queries also return an unexpected error type message. My question: The customer has basic support BUT in this case the problem appears to be with the Salesforce back-end. Since there is not work-around what steps will get Salesforce's attention?

How did we reduce this to a simple case? The problem started out with CopyStorm throwing an exception when trying to extract data from the table. Using a debug switch, we extracted the problem SELECT statement. Then we wrote a tiny Python script using the SQLForce module and let a program find the problem columns.  Then we verified the issue using Salesforce's workbench. Elapsed time: 15 minutes.
Hello,

I am new to Salesforce and I have to integrate Salesforce wirh some CMS.

Basically the scenario is like this, presently date into website comes from another CMS.

I want to provide this service from Salesforce, such that Salesforce will provide data feed to CMS (using objects and records) and it will be available on website.

Please give suggestion of how to do this. Is there any app on AppExchange to do this or have to write Webservice for this?

Thanks in advance.