• 10 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello, I'm very new to Salesforce platform development, I feel sufficiently confident to pass something like the 'app builder' cert but I'm looking into the developer certification. I appreciate that I have quite a few areas that require clarity, so if any of you are able to answer one or two of these, I would be very appreciative.

There are a few areas in the study guide exam outline (that I may have already read up on) but would like to receive some clarification as to what they are specifically referring to, in order to improve preparation for my upcoming exam.

Data Modelling and Management
"Given a set of requirements, determine the appropriate data Model" - Could someone please provide an example of a data model requirement, is it referring to when standard/custom objects should be utilised?

"Describe the impact of schema design and modifications on Apex Development" - Is this referring to Schema Builder, the Schema class or something i'm unaware of?

Logic and Process Automation
"Describe how to programmatically access and utilize the object schema" - As above, I presume it's not talking specifically about the Schema class... but what is it?

"Describe the relationship between Apex Transactions" - Is this purely referring to the order of execution?

"Describe the programmatic techniques to prevent security vulnerabilities" - Is this specific reference to sharing rules and Access modifiers or are there any other topic areas?

"Describe how Apex impacts the ability to make declarative changes" - I know the implications of Apex, from controllers to business logic but this objective doesn't sound clear enough, are they talking about creating new buttons and overriding standard functionality?

Testing
"Describe when and how to use various sources of test data" - I understand this one, but what are the key signifiers between when to use @testSetup vs. importing and using Static resources?

English is my first language, so it's not a language barrier issue, it's simply a matter of clarity. I've read 80% of both the Visualforce and Apex documentation, as well as the force.com migration tool and dev lifecycle documentation. I've completed the Trailheads and undertaken my first attempt at this exam and am feeling fairly confident but am looking to consolidate my final loose ends in this outline before my next attempt.

Thanks in advance,

Note: This is not a 'challenge' related question. I'm either experiencing a bug or have another issue preventing account creation in the Salesforce UI.

The tutorial link can be found here (https://developer.salesforce.com/trailhead/apex_triggers/apex_triggers_intro):
I'm having difficulty following the Trailhead Tutorial titled: 'Getting Started with Apex Triggers', from section: 'Calling a Class Method from a Trigger'. The step I am following is copied from th etutorial here:
1) Add the following trigger using the Developer Console (follow the steps of the HelloWorldTrigger example but useAddRelatedRecord for the trigger name).
2) To test the trigger, create an account in the Salesforce user interface and name it Apples & Oranges.
User-added image
(this image may be too small to read, the solution is to open it in another tab)

I have copied and pasted the code for all of the relevant classes and triggers in this tutorial and have used the described titles. I am using HaoIDE for my text editor, however I don't believe this is an issue, as copies are saved to the Salesforce Platform.

What 'discount' is being referred to in the error message? I was under the impression that the only required field for an account is the name?
I believe I can continue to create accounts by removing the related trigger but would prefer to find answers to this problem, if possible.

Thanks in advance to any suggestions
Hello, I'm very new to Salesforce platform development, I feel sufficiently confident to pass something like the 'app builder' cert but I'm looking into the developer certification. I appreciate that I have quite a few areas that require clarity, so if any of you are able to answer one or two of these, I would be very appreciative.

There are a few areas in the study guide exam outline (that I may have already read up on) but would like to receive some clarification as to what they are specifically referring to, in order to improve preparation for my upcoming exam.

Data Modelling and Management
"Given a set of requirements, determine the appropriate data Model" - Could someone please provide an example of a data model requirement, is it referring to when standard/custom objects should be utilised?

"Describe the impact of schema design and modifications on Apex Development" - Is this referring to Schema Builder, the Schema class or something i'm unaware of?

Logic and Process Automation
"Describe how to programmatically access and utilize the object schema" - As above, I presume it's not talking specifically about the Schema class... but what is it?

"Describe the relationship between Apex Transactions" - Is this purely referring to the order of execution?

"Describe the programmatic techniques to prevent security vulnerabilities" - Is this specific reference to sharing rules and Access modifiers or are there any other topic areas?

"Describe how Apex impacts the ability to make declarative changes" - I know the implications of Apex, from controllers to business logic but this objective doesn't sound clear enough, are they talking about creating new buttons and overriding standard functionality?

Testing
"Describe when and how to use various sources of test data" - I understand this one, but what are the key signifiers between when to use @testSetup vs. importing and using Static resources?

English is my first language, so it's not a language barrier issue, it's simply a matter of clarity. I've read 80% of both the Visualforce and Apex documentation, as well as the force.com migration tool and dev lifecycle documentation. I've completed the Trailheads and undertaken my first attempt at this exam and am feeling fairly confident but am looking to consolidate my final loose ends in this outline before my next attempt.

Thanks in advance,

Note: This is not a 'challenge' related question. I'm either experiencing a bug or have another issue preventing account creation in the Salesforce UI.

The tutorial link can be found here (https://developer.salesforce.com/trailhead/apex_triggers/apex_triggers_intro):
I'm having difficulty following the Trailhead Tutorial titled: 'Getting Started with Apex Triggers', from section: 'Calling a Class Method from a Trigger'. The step I am following is copied from th etutorial here:
1) Add the following trigger using the Developer Console (follow the steps of the HelloWorldTrigger example but useAddRelatedRecord for the trigger name).
2) To test the trigger, create an account in the Salesforce user interface and name it Apples & Oranges.
User-added image
(this image may be too small to read, the solution is to open it in another tab)

I have copied and pasted the code for all of the relevant classes and triggers in this tutorial and have used the described titles. I am using HaoIDE for my text editor, however I don't believe this is an issue, as copies are saved to the Salesforce Platform.

What 'discount' is being referred to in the error message? I was under the impression that the only required field for an account is the name?
I believe I can continue to create accounts by removing the related trigger but would prefer to find answers to this problem, if possible.

Thanks in advance to any suggestions
Hi,
I am not able to understand the below question correctly Please help me out. - 
Create a class that has a method accepting two strings. The method searches for contacts that have a last name matching the first string and a mailing postal code (API name: MailingPostalCode) matching the second. It gets the ID and Name of those contacts and returns them.The Apex class must be called 'ContactSearch' and be in the public scope.
The Apex class must have a public static method called 'searchForContacts'.
The 'searchForContacts' method must accept two incoming strings as parameters, find any contact that has a last name matching the first, and mailing postal code matching the second string. The method should return a list of Contact records with at least the ID and Name fields.
The return type for 'searchForContacts' must be 'List<Contact>'.
Project custom object records should only be seen by the owner of the record and users above the owner on the role hierarchy. However, for some Project records, the Training Coordinator must also have Read Only visibility to the Project record.

Create a custom picklist field on the Project object called “Priority” with the following values: High, Medium, and Low. Then create a criteria-based Sharing Rule for Project records where the Priority = High to share those records with the Training Coordinator role.
Hello all,

I'm stuck with the Lightning challenge "Using Apex in Components" :

here is the component :
<aura:component controller="DisplayCaseController">
	<aura:attribute name="record" type="Case[]"/>

<aura:iteration items="{!v.record}" var="c">
	    {!c.Subject}, {!c.Description}, {!c.Subject}, {!c.Status }
	</aura:iteration>
</aura:component>
the component controller :
({
    getRecord: function(cmp){
        var action = cmp.get("c.getCaseFromId");
        action.setCallback(this, function(response){
            var state = response.getState();
            console.log(state);
            if (state === "SUCCESS") {
                cmp.set("v.record", response.getReturnValue());
            }
        });
	 $A.enqueueAction(action);
    }
})
and the apex controller (provided for the challenge)
public class DisplayCaseController {

@AuraEnabled
    public static Case getCaseFromId(Id caseID) {
        if(caseID == null) {
            return [SELECT ID, Subject, Description, STATUS from Case LIMIT 1];
        }
            List<Case> cases = [ SELECT Id, Subject, Description, Status from CASE where ID = :caseID ];
            if(cases.size() == 0) {
                return [SELECT ID, Subject, Description, STATUS from Case LIMIT 1];
            } else {
                return cases[0];
        }
    }
}
and still when hitting the Check challenge button, the following error is displayed :
"Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong:
The component is not binding to the Case Subject value "

Could you please advise ?
Thanks a lot!

Hey community,

I'm struggling with the logic of the task...

To complete this challenge, add a validation rule which will block the insertion of a contact if the contact is related to an account and has a mailing postal code (which has the API Name MailingPostalCode) different from the account's shipping postal code (which has the API Name ShippingPostalCode).Name the validation rule 'Contact must be in Account ZIP Code'.

A contact with a MailingPostalCode that has an account and does not match the associated Account ShippingPostalCode should return with a validation error and not be inserted.

The validation rule should ONLY apply to contact records with an associated account. Contact records with no associated parent account can be added with any MailingPostalCode value. (Hint: you can use the ISBLANK function for this check)

Here is what I got so far:

AND(
 NOT(ISBLANK(MailingPostalCode)),
 MailingPostalCode  <>  Account.ShippingPostalCode )

I THINK I know how to see if the contact mailing zip is not the same as the account shipping zip, and only if the is not blank.

The part I am stuck on is if the "Contact records with no associated parent account can be added with any MaiilingPostalCode value"...

I don't know what to do with that.

Also, I am now getting the error message when I recheck challenge:

Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: FIELD_CUSTOM_VALIDATION_EXCEPTION, Contact_must_be_in_Account_ZIP_Code: [] 

Double help, please.