• Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello All!

I need help determining the best way to solve a business need. 

We have a Director of National Accounts that creates a promotion (custom object) at the HQ Account Record. The goal is to replicate that promotion record to the children that are tied to that parent HQ so that all individual owners of those child records can reference and see what promotion has been authorized at the top HQ level by our Director of National Accounts.

Premier support said I would need some coding, but i do not have any experience. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated of how I could accomplish this buisness need. Thank you in advance!!
I am trying to write a trigger on my Lead Object that will not allow a user to click Convert unless a boolean field is True. I need help with some sample code to get started. 

I plan to create an Approval Process on the lead record, then with the final Approver action have a field update to have my custom checkbox (Approved) set to True. 

Once this happens I want the user to be able to click Convert, but only once the checkbox is set to true. If it has not gone through the approval process, the user shoudnt be able to click convert. 

I should also note I would only want this for a specific record type of my lead object.
Hello!

I am extrememly new to coding and am attempting to write a simple code to update a checkbox field to checked on the Promo Payment Request Record when there is an attachment added.

After searching and reading through other people's comments I found a code that would work for testing in my Sandbox environment. However now that I need to redo in Production, I have no clue where to start. See below for my code. I have downloaded Eclipse and installed the Force.com IDE, but am getting errors saying no synchronization, etc. Also receiving errors with the actual code when I try to write it in Eclipse.

Any help would be greatly apprecitated!!

User-added image
Hello All!

I need help determining the best way to solve a business need. 

We have a Director of National Accounts that creates a promotion (custom object) at the HQ Account Record. The goal is to replicate that promotion record to the children that are tied to that parent HQ so that all individual owners of those child records can reference and see what promotion has been authorized at the top HQ level by our Director of National Accounts.

Premier support said I would need some coding, but i do not have any experience. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated of how I could accomplish this buisness need. Thank you in advance!!
I am trying to write a trigger on my Lead Object that will not allow a user to click Convert unless a boolean field is True. I need help with some sample code to get started. 

I plan to create an Approval Process on the lead record, then with the final Approver action have a field update to have my custom checkbox (Approved) set to True. 

Once this happens I want the user to be able to click Convert, but only once the checkbox is set to true. If it has not gone through the approval process, the user shoudnt be able to click convert. 

I should also note I would only want this for a specific record type of my lead object.
Hello!

I am extrememly new to coding and am attempting to write a simple code to update a checkbox field to checked on the Promo Payment Request Record when there is an attachment added.

After searching and reading through other people's comments I found a code that would work for testing in my Sandbox environment. However now that I need to redo in Production, I have no clue where to start. See below for my code. I have downloaded Eclipse and installed the Force.com IDE, but am getting errors saying no synchronization, etc. Also receiving errors with the actual code when I try to write it in Eclipse.

Any help would be greatly apprecitated!!

User-added image