• Member since 2015
  • Consultant

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am working on deploying Snap-Ins chat to our website, including within our web-app and I want to be able to pass values from our logged in users into pre-chat fields in Live Agent. I found this documentation and pasted the code from the article in as a test in our sandbox, but when I do that the chat button goes away, so I can't even get to the pre-chat form.

Help article: https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.snapins_web_dev.meta/snapins_web_dev/snapins_web_populate_prechat.htm

All I'm doing is going to the chat button code, un-commenting the embedded_svc.settings.prepopulatedPrechatFields" line, and pasting in the following below it:
embedded_svc.settings.prepopulatedPrechatFields = {
FirstName: “John”,
LastName: “Doe”,
Email: “john.doe@salesforce.com”,
Subject: “Hello” };

Any help is much appreciated.
I'm trying to accomplish something that I thought would be relatively simple. I want to route incoming chats based on a picklist field in our pre-chat form. I want users to choose what product area their question is about and route the chats to the queue for that product area. For example, in our web-to-case form, people can choose from a "Category" picklist and their case will be routed to the right queue based on that. How can I set up Live Agent to route chats this way?
I am working on settup up Single Sign-On for a connected app, using Salesforce as the identity provider. We currently have one existing connected app. When I go to the Setup --> Identity Provider page in setup, I can see that the currently selected certificate is expired. What happens if I select the new self-signed certificate that I just created? Will this break the connection to the existing connected app, and if so, how do I fix that? Thanks for your help!
expired cert
We hve a requirement to set up single sign-on, which I see requires a MyDomain. What does setting up a MyDomain affect? Apparently this is not covered by standard SFDC support at all. Basically, I'm trying to figure out what all I'll need to run through, test, or change before I can set up a MyDomain in Production without an issue. Thank for any help you have to offer!

Hi everyone!

I have set up a Process and Flow that looks for cases created by Email-to-Case that have subjects like "Automatic reply:" My process is simple, and its only immediate action is to launch a Flow that has a single delete element. The element looks like this:
Delete Element
I pass the text variable CaseID from the Process into the flow. When a case meets my process builder's criteria, it does launch the flow and the case gets deletes, as expected. However, I always get a flow error email with an error message. The ID mentioned in the error is the id of the now deleted case, but neither my flow nor my process try to do anything to the case after deleting it, so I do not understand why I get these error messages. Please help.
The error message looks like this:

ENTITY_IS_DELETED : Cannot save already-deleted object: id = 5000f00001EdGjM

Hello!

I've noticed that some managed packages have the ability to auto-populate a lookup field with the current user, before the record is saved for the first time. I want to do this on a custom object we have. For example, if there is a required User lookup field that needs to be filled out, but it's almost always going to be the current user, how could I write a trigger/apex code to auto-populate the lookup with the current user?

I am a complete beginner to Apex code. Thanks in advance for any help!
Hello World!
I have a use case that requires a trigger and it sounds about as simple as it gets. We have an external application called BrightTALK integrated with our Salesforce org. Trouble is, we use State and Country Picklists and BrightTALK tries to push Leads into our Salesforce org with Country names that do not match the countries in our Salesforce org. As far as I know, there are two ways to tackle this issue. 1) Change the list of Countries in our Salesforce org. 2) Write a before trigger, which, if I understand correctly, could change a Country value like "China (Hong Kong)" into "China", which our org would then accept because the value matches a value in our State and Country Picklists setup.

I have never written a trigger before, and I took one programming class 10 years ago. Does anyone have any recommended places to start, sample code to look at, reference material to refer me to where I can see the methods available to me in an before trigger and learn some syntax? Any help is much appreciated.
Hello, I have been reciving more business requrements that require me to buid Flows lately and I need some tips from you experts :)
Right now I am entirely focused on flows that do not have screens and are launched by Process Builder.

The two main things I want to figure out are:
1) First and foremost, how can I have my flow send me an email at a given step to show me what the current variable values are? For example, I have a decision element and while testing, my flow is taking the action that the "No" side of the decision leads to when I want it to be taking the other action and I can't figure out why it's doing what it's doing. If I could have the flow send me an email to show me what the result of the decision element was and what the variable values were right then, that would really help me troubleshoot.
2) How can I customize the flow errors so that if my flow does generate an error message it's better than "An unhandled fault has occured..."
3) When referencing a record ID in visual workflow, does it matter if you use a 15 or 18-digit ID?
4) What resources can you direct me to that can help me learn and practice visual workflow? I have done some trailhead, but already completed the "Process Automation" badge, which mostly covers flows with screens.

Any help is much appreciated. Thank you!
Hello Team SFDC,

I have an autolaunched Flow that is fired off as an immediate action of a Process. My flow looks up to a custom objects that mimics contact roles in a sense (my custom object Team Members is a junciton object between a custom object "Team" and the User object). When the flow runs, it looks up the members of a Team, then looks up those Users, then loops through them using a Loop and two Assignment elements. When the loop is done, the last element is a Fast Create that is supposed to create Billings (another custom object) for each of the users on the team. In my sandbox where I am testing, the team has three users. When I do the action in Salesforce that runs my flow, only one Bill is created, not three. I am stumped as to why. Any ideas?
Hello Team SFDC,

I have an autolaunched Flow that is fired off as an immediate action of a Process. My flow looks up to a custom objects that mimics contact roles in a sense (my custom object Team Members is a junciton object between a custom object "Team" and the User object). When the flow runs, it looks up the members of a Team, then looks up those Users, then loops through them using a Loop and two Assignment elements. When the loop is done, the last element is a Fast Create that is supposed to create Billings (another custom object) for each of the users on the team. In my sandbox where I am testing, the team has three users. When I do the action in Salesforce that runs my flow, only one Bill is created, not three. I am stumped as to why. Any ideas?
Hello!

I've noticed that some managed packages have the ability to auto-populate a lookup field with the current user, before the record is saved for the first time. I want to do this on a custom object we have. For example, if there is a required User lookup field that needs to be filled out, but it's almost always going to be the current user, how could I write a trigger/apex code to auto-populate the lookup with the current user?

I am a complete beginner to Apex code. Thanks in advance for any help!
Hello World!
I have a use case that requires a trigger and it sounds about as simple as it gets. We have an external application called BrightTALK integrated with our Salesforce org. Trouble is, we use State and Country Picklists and BrightTALK tries to push Leads into our Salesforce org with Country names that do not match the countries in our Salesforce org. As far as I know, there are two ways to tackle this issue. 1) Change the list of Countries in our Salesforce org. 2) Write a before trigger, which, if I understand correctly, could change a Country value like "China (Hong Kong)" into "China", which our org would then accept because the value matches a value in our State and Country Picklists setup.

I have never written a trigger before, and I took one programming class 10 years ago. Does anyone have any recommended places to start, sample code to look at, reference material to refer me to where I can see the methods available to me in an before trigger and learn some syntax? Any help is much appreciated.