• 5 Points
  • Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello. My users would like to be able to make edits to the text of emails created from a VisualForce template before they send them. I notice that this works with messaging:plainTextEmailBody - after the user selects the template, the email will render onscreen and allow editing. Any changes made will be sent in the email. However if you switch the tag to messaging:HTMLEmailBody, or also if you are editing an HTML email, that doesn't occur. Instead, it seems like it is possible to edit the text, but when the email is sent the edits do not get sent, only the original text from the email. Is there a workaround or a fix for this? I have read a post about setting contentEditable="true", but I have not been able to get that to work. 

Thanks for any help. 

Is it possible to edit a custom email template before I send it? For instance, I have a custom email template that uses HTML, when I close a case I want to use this template but I want to have the ability to edit the template prior to sending it to the salesforce contact. I can't see any option to do this - is there a setting I'm missing?

Hello. My users would like to be able to make edits to the text of emails created from a VisualForce template before they send them. I notice that this works with messaging:plainTextEmailBody - after the user selects the template, the email will render onscreen and allow editing. Any changes made will be sent in the email. However if you switch the tag to messaging:HTMLEmailBody, or also if you are editing an HTML email, that doesn't occur. Instead, it seems like it is possible to edit the text, but when the email is sent the edits do not get sent, only the original text from the email. Is there a workaround or a fix for this? I have read a post about setting contentEditable="true", but I have not been able to get that to work. 

Thanks for any help. 
I've got a visualforce email template we use to send detailed information to our clients. However my users would like to be able to type/edit the email body before sending so they can include additional information. Most templates allow this, but the VF template is read only. Is it possible to allow editing before sending? Probably something simple I'm missing. Thanks. Mark