• 0 Points
  • Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I need a routine for import of child records to Contacts.  Custom fields for Custom Object and Contact have been created, and are config as External ID.  Import wizard only permits one child per parent and views any additional records as duplicates :(

Workflow/Validation rule won't work, as the field to update is LookUp to Contact.

Can I initiate a process from a view, to look up contact id based on matching values in the custom field?
IF (CustomObject__c.CustomField__c = Contact__r.CustomField__c) TRUE place Contact.ID in lookup field, FALSE leave generic contact ID inplace)

• August 23, 2016
I need a routine for import of child records to Contacts.  Custom fields for Custom Object and Contact have been created, and are config as External ID.  Import wizard only permits one child per parent and views any additional records as duplicates :(

Workflow/Validation rule won't work, as the field to update is LookUp to Contact.

Can I initiate a process from a view, to look up contact id based on matching values in the custom field?
IF (CustomObject__c.CustomField__c = Contact__r.CustomField__c) TRUE place Contact.ID in lookup field, FALSE leave generic contact ID inplace)

• August 23, 2016

• August 23, 2016