• IT Architect
  • MaibornWolff GmbH

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I found a bug in the Tooling API, but cannot report it directly to Salesforce.

We are using the Tooling API to assign new picklist values to record types. This is a typical request that we send:

URL: https://SANDBOX.cs80.salesforce.com/services/data/v39.0/tooling/sobjects/RecordType/012250000008wmq
Payload:
{
  "Metadata": {
    "active": true,
    "compactLayoutAssignment": "Master_Product_Compact_Layout",
    "description": "Master Product, managed in MDM.",
    "label": "Master Product",
    "picklistValues": [
      {
        "picklist": "Packaging__c",
        "values": [
          {
            "default": false,
            "valueName": "twinpack, 1 ltr. + 1 ltr."
          }
        ]
      }
    ]
  },
  "FullName": "Product2.Master_Product"
}
Error Message:
{
    "statusCode": 400,
    "headers": {
        "Pragma": "no-cache",
        "Cache-Control": "no-cache",
        "Date": "Wed, 01 Mar 2017 14:27:59 GMT",
        "Server": "Microsoft-IIS/8.0",
        "X-AspNet-Version": "4.0.30319",
        "X-Powered-By": "ASP.NET",
        "Content-Length": "151",
        "Content-Type": "text/plain; charset=utf-8",
        "Expires": "-1"
    },
    "body": "[{\"message\":\"Picklist value: twinpack%2C 1 ltr%2E   1 ltr%2E in picklist: Packaging__c not found\",\"errorCode\":\"FIELD_INTEGRITY_EXCEPTION\",\"fields\":[]}]"
}

This error only occurs for picklist values that have a "+" character in their name. The Tooling API seems to URL decode the request where "+" characters are replaced with a space, as you can see in the error message. Additional URL encoding of the valueName won't help. This seems to be an error of the RecordType Tooling API, as inserting new picklist values with a "+" character does work fine. 

Since some days the flow designer won't run any more in my Sandboxes. The message tells me to activate or download Adobe Flash Player. Everything works smooth in my Production Org.

I am using Mac OS X with Safari or Chrome. If I start up my Window 10 in Parallels and use Edge or Firefox there, the designer will work as expected. It is just Mac and Sandboxes in combination. Any explanation, maybe something with Locker Service?
I have configure SharePoint Online successfully as my external document management and file storage system using the standard Files Connect adapter.

Now I want to attach a file that is stored in SharePoint to a Salesforce Record, in APEX code. However I was not able to figure out how this might be possible. Anyone succeeded in doing this? I would also go for creating a Chatter post in APEX, but the FilesCapabilities do only support linkage to existing ContentDocument record, but my SharePoint files are not (yet) listet there.
I found a bug in the Tooling API, but cannot report it directly to Salesforce.

We are using the Tooling API to assign new picklist values to record types. This is a typical request that we send:

URL: https://SANDBOX.cs80.salesforce.com/services/data/v39.0/tooling/sobjects/RecordType/012250000008wmq
Payload:
{
  "Metadata": {
    "active": true,
    "compactLayoutAssignment": "Master_Product_Compact_Layout",
    "description": "Master Product, managed in MDM.",
    "label": "Master Product",
    "picklistValues": [
      {
        "picklist": "Packaging__c",
        "values": [
          {
            "default": false,
            "valueName": "twinpack, 1 ltr. + 1 ltr."
          }
        ]
      }
    ]
  },
  "FullName": "Product2.Master_Product"
}
Error Message:
{
    "statusCode": 400,
    "headers": {
        "Pragma": "no-cache",
        "Cache-Control": "no-cache",
        "Date": "Wed, 01 Mar 2017 14:27:59 GMT",
        "Server": "Microsoft-IIS/8.0",
        "X-AspNet-Version": "4.0.30319",
        "X-Powered-By": "ASP.NET",
        "Content-Length": "151",
        "Content-Type": "text/plain; charset=utf-8",
        "Expires": "-1"
    },
    "body": "[{\"message\":\"Picklist value: twinpack%2C 1 ltr%2E   1 ltr%2E in picklist: Packaging__c not found\",\"errorCode\":\"FIELD_INTEGRITY_EXCEPTION\",\"fields\":[]}]"
}

This error only occurs for picklist values that have a "+" character in their name. The Tooling API seems to URL decode the request where "+" characters are replaced with a space, as you can see in the error message. Additional URL encoding of the valueName won't help. This seems to be an error of the RecordType Tooling API, as inserting new picklist values with a "+" character does work fine. 

I have configure SharePoint Online successfully as my external document management and file storage system using the standard Files Connect adapter.

Now I want to attach a file that is stored in SharePoint to a Salesforce Record, in APEX code. However I was not able to figure out how this might be possible. Anyone succeeded in doing this? I would also go for creating a Chatter post in APEX, but the FilesCapabilities do only support linkage to existing ContentDocument record, but my SharePoint files are not (yet) listet there.
Hello,

I have following visual force page which passes the value to report paramets and it works fine in classic view. We are experimenting with Lightning and the same VF page is not passing parameters to the report. Can someone help what I need to change to make it work in both Lightning and Classic view.

<apex:page standardController="Account">
<p> <a href="/00OC0000006Fv2i?pv0='Technical'&pv1={!SUBSTITUTE(Account.Name,'&', '%26')}" target="_blank">Give me list of <b><font color="Red">Technical Contacts</font></b> for biller {!Account.Name}?</a> </p>
</apex:page>

Thanks for the help in advance.

Parv