• Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello,
I need to create a custom controller since i my VF page shows only 20 records.

Can you please tell me how to do it?

The VF page created is the following.

<apex:page standardController="TaskTest__c" recordSetVar="records">  
    <apex:form >
        <apex:pageBlock title="Task Summary" mode="inlineEdit">      
            <apex:pageBlockTable value="{! records}" var="rec">   
                <apex:column headerValue="Name" >
                    <apex:outputField value="{! rec.Name}" />
                </apex:column>
                <apex:column headerValue="Discription " >
                    <apex:outputField value="{! rec.Discription__c}" />
                <apex:column headerValue="Estimated Date for Task" >
                    <apex:outputField value="{! rec.Estimated_Date_for_Task__c}" />
                <apex:column headerValue="Owner" >
                    <apex:outputField value="{! rec.Owner__c}" />
                <apex:column headerValue="Status " >
                    <apex:outputField value="{! rec.Status__c}" />
                <apex:column headerValue="User Story " >
                    <apex:outputField value="{! rec.User_Story__c}" />
                <apex:inlineEditSupport showOnEdit="saveButton, cancelButton" 
                                        hideOnEdit="editButton" event="ondblclick" 
                                        changedStyleClass="myBoldClass" resetFunction="resetInlineEdit"/>
            </apex:pageBlockTable>
            <apex:pageBlockButtons>
                <apex:commandButton action="{!quicksave}" id="saveButton" value="Save" rendered="true"/>
                <apex:commandButton onclick="resetInlineEdit()" id="cancelButton" value="Cancel" rendered="true"/>
            </apex:pageBlockButtons>
        </apex:pageBlock>
    </apex:form>
</apex:page>

Hello,

I've been given the following Apex code as i want to mass edit on a custom object "Task".
As i am new to Apex code i don't know wjat the steps are and how to use it. Could you please guide me?

So far i included it in VisualForce pages. What is my next step?

<apex:page standardController="Task__c" recordSetVar="records">  
                <apex:column headerValue="Description " >
                    <apex:outputField value="{! rec.Description__c}" />
            <apex:pageBlockButtons >
                <apex:commandButton action="{!quicksave}" id="saveButton" value="Save" rendered="true"/>
                <apex:commandButton onclick="resetInlineEdit()" id="cancelButton" value="Cancel" rendered="true"/>
Hello,

I want to mass edit a custom object (Task). I found the java code for standard object accounts.
Can you please tell what to change?

<apex:page standardController="Account" extensions="MassManager.ActionHubExtension" recordSetVar="accounts"> <script> window.onload = function(e) { var recordIds = '{!selected}'; var Objectname = 'Account'; var action = 'Edit'; var fieldsetName = 'MassManager__AccountsMassEditFieldSet'; if(recordIds!='') { Redirect(recordIds,Objectname,action,fieldsetName); } else { alert('Please select a record.'); window.history.back(); } }; </script> <apex:form > <apex:actionFunction action="{!Redirect}" name="Redirect" rerender="none"> <apex:param name="recordIds" assignTo="{!recordIds}" value=""/> <apex:param name="Objectname" assignTo="{!objectName}" value=""/> <apex:param name="action" assignTo="{!action}" value=""/> <apex:param name="fieldsetName" assignTo="{!fieldsetName}" value=""/> </apex:actionFunction> </apex:form> </apex:page>
Hello, 
I want to create a way of mass uploadin fields on custom object "task". I installed mass edit/update but the instructions for custom objects are very old and they have not updated them. Anyway...
Is there a way of doing this (have no visual force / apex experience) - please see my screenshots

User-added image

User-added image
Hello, I'm doing the following exercise but Debug LOg tells me i have a problem.

Traihead says to do the following:

User-added image

I replace my email address and the following comes up:

User-added image
Hi,

I've created a flow (custom clone button) in which whenever the end user clicks on a closed won opportunity a new opportunity is created with stage prospecting. For testing reasons i created a formula which names the opportunity "renewal testing". How can i use a formula which will take the year of the closed date and put it in the opportunity name? (in other words rename the opportunity "Renewal 2017" .

User-added image
Hi, I'm trying to create an approval process in Trailehead but this message appears each time i want to check the challenge.
I dont understand which field needs to be required!

Alex

User-added image
Hello,

Would like to ask one question regarding sandboxes. I've been asked to give salesforce sandbox access to "development and QA environment" so ideally have 2 sandboxes (dev and QA) set up.

What are the steps? He is an external guy
Can anyone recommend any options that they have used regarding payroll and finance along with the view on HR systems? Apps, integration etc etc.
I'M RECEIVEING THIS ERROR,

ANY HELP?!

User-added image
Hi, 

Downloaded the "Account Dashboard" app for my guys which i personally like so far. 
Is there any way of customizing it and if yes how? (i have no experience in coding so far).
I can see that it takes the data from the "Closed Date" and "List Total" field but personally would prefer if it could take it from another "Start Date" and "Net Amount"
Link :https://appexchange.salesforce.com/listingDetail?listingId=a0N3000000596wHEAQ 

It also looks as if the app can be downloaded and customized.

Link: https://github.com/ForceDotComLabs/account-dashboards  
Hello, i want to create the following calculations in my reports. Can you please tell me the formula?
I have summarized the "Subscription Start Year" by Year . Shall i include these formulas as fields so that i can then drag and drop in the reports?

User-added image

As you can see there are both numbers and values. These are the formulas i'm using in excel.

1. IF (Net amount=0,"New",0)
2. IF(Net amount>0, Net amount>0)), "Renewed",0)
3. IF (Net amount=0,"Not Renewed",0)
4. IF (Net amount 2015 =0,Net amount 2016 ,0)
5. IF((AND(Net amount>0,Net amount>0)),Net amount,0)

User-added image
Hi,

I am unable to finish the dashborad.
"The 'LEAD Trend by Source' dashboard component does not have the wedges set to 'Lead Source'."

Wedges are set to "Lead Source"

Any clues?

Hi there,

I got following error on this Maintenance Cert Badge.

Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong:
Couldn’t find 'Find Contacts' with the correct information. Please double check the instructions.

Did you pass it?
What's wrong with my flow.
User-added image

Thanks in advance
Regards,
LinThaw
Hello,

I've been given the following Apex code as i want to mass edit on a custom object "Task".
As i am new to Apex code i don't know wjat the steps are and how to use it. Could you please guide me?

So far i included it in VisualForce pages. What is my next step?

<apex:page standardController="Task__c" recordSetVar="records">  
                <apex:column headerValue="Description " >
                    <apex:outputField value="{! rec.Description__c}" />
            <apex:pageBlockButtons >
Hello, 
I want to create a way of mass uploadin fields on custom object "task". I installed mass edit/update but the instructions for custom objects are very old and they have not updated them. Anyway...
Is there a way of doing this (have no visual force / apex experience) - please see my screenshots

User-added image

User-added image
Hello, I'm doing the following exercise but Debug LOg tells me i have a problem.

Traihead says to do the following:

User-added image

I replace my email address and the following comes up:

User-added image
Hi,

I am unable to finish the dashborad.
"The 'LEAD Trend by Source' dashboard component does not have the wedges set to 'Lead Source'."

Wedges are set to "Lead Source"

Any clues?

Hey community,

I'm struggling with the logic of the task...

To complete this challenge, add a validation rule which will block the insertion of a contact if the contact is related to an account and has a mailing postal code (which has the API Name MailingPostalCode) different from the account's shipping postal code (which has the API Name ShippingPostalCode).Name the validation rule 'Contact must be in Account ZIP Code'.

A contact with a MailingPostalCode that has an account and does not match the associated Account ShippingPostalCode should return with a validation error and not be inserted.

The validation rule should ONLY apply to contact records with an associated account. Contact records with no associated parent account can be added with any MailingPostalCode value. (Hint: you can use the ISBLANK function for this check)

Here is what I got so far:

AND(
 NOT(ISBLANK(MailingPostalCode)),
 MailingPostalCode  <>  Account.ShippingPostalCode )

I THINK I know how to see if the contact mailing zip is not the same as the account shipping zip, and only if the is not blank.

The part I am stuck on is if the "Contact records with no associated parent account can be added with any MaiilingPostalCode value"...

I don't know what to do with that.

Also, I am now getting the error message when I recheck challenge:

Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: FIELD_CUSTOM_VALIDATION_EXCEPTION, Contact_must_be_in_Account_ZIP_Code: [] 

Double help, please.

Hello developer heroes!

I'm working through the Apex modules on Trailhead and can't seem to get past this one: https://developer.salesforce.com/en/trailhead/force_com_programmatic_beginner/apex_triggers/apex_triggers_bulk.

Hopefully this doesn't read like a 'please complete the course for me' kinda post, but I have written a trigger that I believe meets the criteria but it isn't passing the check, so I wanted to seek the guidance of the experts.

The challenge is to do this:

Create an Apex trigger for Opportunity that adds a task to any opportunity set to 'Closed Won'.

To complete this challenge, you need to add a trigger for Opportunity. The trigger will add a task to any opportunity inserted or updated with the stage of 'Closed Won'. The task's subject must be 'Follow Up Test Task'.The Apex trigger must be called 'ClosedOpportunityTrigger'

- With 'ClosedOpportunityTrigger' active, if an opportunity is inserted or updated with a stage of 'Closed Won', it will have a task created with the subject 'Follow Up Test Task'.
- To associate the task with the opportunity, fill the 'WhatId' field with the opportunity ID.
- This challenge specifically tests 200 records in one operation.

And here is the trigger I have come up with, which compiles OK and stands up to a manual (though admittedly unbulkified) test:
trigger ClosedOpportunityTrigger on Opportunity (after insert, after update) {

List<Task> taskList = new List<Task>();

for (Opportunity opp : [SELECT Id, StageName FROM Opportunity WHERE StageName = 'Closed Won' AND Id IN :Trigger.new]){

taskList.add(new Task(Subject = 'Follow Up Test Task',
                                  WhatId = opp.Id));

}

if(taskList.size()>0){

insert taskList;

}

}
I have tried replacing the SOQL with a straightforward 'for (Opportunity opp : Trigger.new)' and having the taskList.add inside an IF that checks for Closed Won - no luck. I also thought about checking to see if the stage was being changed to Closed Won, rather than the trigger firing on every edit, but I don't think this is what the module is asking for.

Where do you think I'm going wrong?

Huge thanks in advance!