• Member since 2016
  • Technical Architect

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
This is one of the most common use cases, we want to setup a secure middleware user to access and create records in salesforce but using Oauth2 security. I need help in getting the right configuration set up.

Here is what I have done till now.
  1. Created a connected app using the Enable Oauth settings, and set the Oauth Scope.
  2.  Created an Integration Profile, with API Enabled and API Only user as true. Granted connected app access to this profie.
  3. Created an Integration user with this profile.
Step 1 has given me the client Id and Client secret, and Step 3 has provided the username - but it also sends an email with password to the user.
What is that I should be doing to follow the right practice ?
  • June 07, 2018
This is one of the most common use cases, we want to setup a secure middleware user to access and create records in salesforce but using Oauth2 security. I need help in getting the right configuration set up.

Here is what I have done till now.
  1. Created a connected app using the Enable Oauth settings, and set the Oauth Scope.
  2.  Created an Integration Profile, with API Enabled and API Only user as true. Granted connected app access to this profie.
  3. Created an Integration user with this profile.
Step 1 has given me the client Id and Client secret, and Step 3 has provided the username - but it also sends an email with password to the user.
What is that I should be doing to follow the right practice ?
  • June 07, 2018
Hi,

There is no clear and simple explanation of what a connected app can be used for - if I want to query Salesforce through the REST API (for any reasons, from any external point), why would I need a "Connected App"? What's the difference with creating a Salesforce "Integration" User with an "Integration" Profile that restricts exactly what you want/need for that specific integration?

Thanks for anyone's help.

Regards
Anthony
Hi

I am trying to upsert contacts and accounts via the bulk API and all is working fine except the contact and accounts are not being connected to each other.

I am using a csv spec as described in the documentation to map my columns.
I have a custom external ID called 'User ID' (API name: 'User_ID__c') on my contact object AND on my account object.
I already have an Account record setup with a User id set as 5.
I also have a custom field called 'Display Name' on my contact object.

This is basically the batch CSV file I upsert to the Contact object.

"User ID","Display Name","Account Relationship",
"5","Mr Test","5",

Here is the spec CSV file I upload before the batch:

Salesforce Field,Csv Header,Value,Hint
User_ID__c,"User ID",,
Display_Name__c,"Display Name",,
Account__r.User_ID__c, "Account Relationship",,

The batch is upserted fine and processed without any errors. But the account and contact is not connected. When I monitor the job batch by logging in to the website, and downlaod the request, it does not have the relationship field in it:

"Display_Name__c","User_ID__c","Mr Test","5",

Do relationship fields work with CSV files? I can see there are issues with the XML version via another post

Please help

Hi,

I have this field (xyz)of type input text area on my visualforce page as <apex:inputField  value ="{!Opportunity.xyz__c}"/>. If i give characters more than the default limit of  text area type, Then it gives an error message , which should happen. But instead of one I am getting two error messages below that field. Can anyone please suggest me a way to rectify this issue?