• Salesforce Technical Lead
  • BB&T

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
We are revamping our Notification Area on the Home Page. I wanted to ask the folks on the below options, specifically using HTML, VF Page, and Login Flow

1. Standard messages and Alerts
    1. Pros
    2. Cons
      1. Shows only on the left side bar and users can chose to hide the it
    3. QUESTION: Which permissions are necessary to manage the messages and alerts section?
  2. HTML area
    1. Pros
    2. Cons
      1. Shows up on the home page right side bar and users may ignore it
      2. Requires system configuration permissions to manage. Limited formatting capabilities
      3. QUESTION: Which permissions are necessary to manage the messages and alerts section?
    3. Visualforce area (Custom object optional)
    1. Pros
    2. Cons
      2. Requires Visualforce page + Controller + Test classes to be created. May also require custom object/custom setting creation for more flexibility in message management
  3. Login Flow (Flow, Custom Object)
    1. Pros
    2. Cons
      1. Requires more configuration compared to options A and B. Login flow will be mandatory screen that the users have to go through
Hello, I am working on this trigger where I want to update a custom date field only when certain fields on the table are changed. I am assuming that Contact and Person Account has shared fields, so how would I create this trigger? (may be 1 for Account and another for Contact?)

Thank you, a simple example would be great! :)
We are revamping our Notification Area on the Home Page. I wanted to ask the folks on the below options, specifically using HTML, VF Page, and Login Flow

1. Standard messages and Alerts
    1. Pros
    2. Cons
      1. Shows only on the left side bar and users can chose to hide the it
  2. HTML area
    1. Pros
    2. Cons
      2. Requires system configuration permissions to manage. Limited formatting capabilities
    3. Visualforce area (Custom object optional)
    1. Pros
    2. Cons
      2. Requires Visualforce page + Controller + Test classes to be created. May also require custom object/custom setting creation for more flexibility in message management
  3. Login Flow (Flow, Custom Object)
    1. Pros
    2. Cons
      1. Requires more configuration compared to options A and B. Login flow will be mandatory screen that the users have to go through