• Member since 2015
  • Salesforce Developer

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Our client is looking for a Salesforce Developer to join their team as they roll out an updated Salesforce implementation across their business, marketing, and financial operations. Candidate will act as the product owner and team lead for the development and implementation of all user accounts across the organization. Certification Required. Up to $110K Comp with great benefits!! If interested, lease contact me at nancy@tech2resources.com!
Trailhead Module 3:  Create a formula field that determines the number of days between today and the last activity date for a case's account.
Your support team has asked for improved visibility on account activity level at the time they’re helping with customer issues. Specifically, when they’re looking at a case, they’d like to see an at-a-glance view of the number of days since the case’s related account was last active. Create the formula using these requirements.The formula should be on the Case object.
The formula should be of return type Number.
The formula should be named 'Days Since Last Update' and have a resulting API Name of 'Days_Since_Last_Update__c'.
The formula should return the number of days between the account’s Last Activity Date and today.

I created the following:

I created a new custom formula field with return type number and called Days Since Last Update.
I created this formula: Account.LastActivityDate - TODAY()

I get this error message:

Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The 'Days_Since_Last_Update__c' formula field did not return the correct number of days between an Account’s Last Activity Date and today

Can you please assist what I did wrong?  I'm not sure if my formula is even correct with the challenge.  Please help!

Thank you.
hello,

i am a newbie to salesforce and trying to complete this trailhead challenge and unable to find a way through apex to generate this method for creating new contacts with unique id. as one requirement to pass the challenge is "The 'generateRandomContacts' method must be capable of consistently generating contacts with unique first names."

If somebody successfully completed the task kindly help me.

regards,

I have a page which is being rendered as a PDF that cause the values of certain outputExt field to not be displayed. These were initially ones where I had bound to a related object. I firstly tried to change them to display the name of the related object by retrieving this information in a SOQL query however this seemed not to work so I changed it to use just simple strings.

An example field on my VF PDF page is 

<apex:outputText label="Cause of Injury" escape="false" value="{!cause}" />
hello -> {!cause} - here

I have added the text below to try and locate the information on the page to see if the value was being returned. If I remove the renderAs ="pdf" part of the page then all the information displays as required. It is only when I am rendering as a pdf that this fails to work. 

Any ideas?

Thanks

Paul