• Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hey Guys,

i am looking for a "best practice" solution, to create a conditionally url button. The button should be placed on the standard page layout.
Related to a value of the object, the button button should redirect the user to a page.

For example, if the status is x, redirect to a new task.
if the status is y, redirect to the homepage.
if the status is z, redirect to an external page.

Unfortunately, a javascript button is not a soultion for lightning.

I have created a controller and a methode to create a conditionally PageReference for each case. I dont think that this solution is best practice. Moreover, i used simply urls like
1new PageReference('https://...............+lead.id');
what is definitely not best practise.  So my button opens the page which is fireing the action methode automatically.

Conclusion, i am looking for : 
- a solution for lightning and classic
- a button placed on the standard page layout
- the button should redirect to different pages related to a value of the object
- a more best practice solution than mine 

I appreciate your help ! 

Cheers, 
Marry
 I have a requirement to add two new fields for the Self-registration process for Communities. In addition to showing the email, firstname and lastname, I need to show the contact department and contact phone number. I get the following cryptic error when I do this. The process works for any fields created on User. But on Contact it doesn't work. I have turned on the debug logs but don't see any error message. I also checked if the object and FLS permissions exist for the community guest user profile on Contact.
User-added imageUser-added image
Community workspace (Self Reg Config)
User-added image
I created the fieldset as per the documentation here. Adding new fields (https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.externalidentityImplGuide.meta/externalidentityImplGuide/external_identity_collect_additional_fields.htm)
User-added imageI could create a flow to update the user fields to contact but I would like the process to work for any custom fields created on Contact which will not exist on User.

Hi Everyone, 
I have enabled Data Integration Rules on Leads to get the Geo location (Latitude and longitude). Basically, when I create a lead with a valid
address it populates the latitude and longitude. In the code, I'm trying to copy the lat&long to my custom object by performing SOQL right after
the insert. I get null values for lat and long on SOQL but when the program exits the very same SOQL has valid values. It has to do with the order of execution I guess of data integration rules I suppose. I tried to split the functionality by doing the insert on lead in one program followed by SOQL in the after insert trigger of Lead. The trigger code is getting executed with same null values for latitude and longitude. 

Below is my code all in one program:

Lead lead= new Lead(LastName='Johnson',Company='Salesforce', Street='The Landmark @ One Market', City='San Francisco',State='California',postalCode='94105');

insert lead;

Lead thisLead= [select latitude, longitude,city,state,street from Lead];
System.debug('thlead='+thisLead.latitude);//null value 

Any insights appreciated?
I am in process of developing a code to get the information from the Case Object and update it on our Website. I have developed all the code (Apex Classes and Apex Trigger) and the code is working well but its look like my code is not bulkified and its hitting the Governance Limit whenever I am mass updating the Case object. Can somebody please help me to bulkify the code. 

Apex Class

public class GGUWSCall
{
    private static gguEduIntegration.SFDCHandlerPort login(){
        gguEduIntegration.SFDCHandlerPort port = new gguEduIntegration.SFDCHandlerPort();

port.inputHttpHeaders_x = new Map<String, String>();

Blob headerValue = Blob.valueOf(GGUSettings.USERNAME + ':' + GGUSettings.PASSWORD );

String authorizationHeader = 'BASIC ' + EncodingUtil.base64Encode(headerValue);

port.inputHttpHeaders_x.put('Authorization', authorizationHeader);

port.inputHttpHeaders_x.put('Content-Type', 'text/xml; charset=utf-8');

return port;
    }

@Future(callout=true) 
    public static void syncCase(String caseId, String status, String resolution
        , String resolutionMethod, String closedDate, String commentsToSubmitter)
    {                 
        gguEduIntegration.SFDCHandlerPort port = login();
        port.updateCase(caseId, status, resolution, resolutionMethod, closedDate, commentsToSubmitter);
    }
}

Trigger

trigger CaseSyncTrigger on Case (after update) {
    for (Case caseNew : Trigger.new) {
        GGUWSCall.syncCase(caseNew.CaseID__c, caseNew.Status, caseNew.Resolution__c, caseNew.ResolutionMethod__c
        , caseNew.ClosedDate != null ? caseNew.ClosedDate.format('yyyy-MM-dd\'T\'hh:mm:ss\'Z\'') : ''
        , caseNew.Comments_to_Submitter__c);
        //System.debug(Logginglevel.INFO, 'caseId: '+caseNew.CaseID__c+' status: '+caseNew.Status + ' resolution: '+caseNew.Resolution__c+ ' resolutionMethod: '+ 
        //caseNew.ResolutionMethod__c + ' closeDate: '+(caseNew.ClosedDate!=null?caseNew.ClosedDate.format('yyyy-MM-dd\'T\'hh:mm:ss\'Z\''):''));
    }
}

Thanks 

Kamaldeep
Hello - Newbie developer here and we have a trigger written a few years ago that has started to throw Apex CPU errors. I read through the articles on how to make them more efficient but I'm stuck on this one, any suggestions?
trigger OpportunityProduct_UpdateTechSales on OpportunityLineItem (before insert,before update, after update,after delete) {
    list<id> prodlineids = new list<id>(); list<id> oppids = new list<id>();set<id> plcrids = new set<id>();set<id> plcrids1 = new set<id>();
    transient  list<Product_Line_Tech_Sales__c> lstplts1 = new list<Product_Line_Tech_Sales__c>();
    list<Opportunity> lstopp = new list<Opportunity>();
    map<id,Product_Line_Cross_Ref__c> mapplcr; map<id,Product_Line_Cross_Ref__c> mapplcr1;
    list<string> usernames = new list<string>();
    map<string,id> usermap = new map<string,id>(); map<id,Opportunity> oppmap;
    list<Opportunity_Sales_Team__c> lstoppteam= new list<Opportunity_Sales_Team__c>();
    map<id,id> dupmap = new map<id,id>();list<user> userlst = new list<user>();
    set<id> contids = new set<id>(); Boolean op = true;
    if( TriggerInactive.TestOpportunityProduct_UpdateTechSales == True){
        if(trigger.isinsert){ 
            for(integer i=0;i<trigger.new.size();i++){
            oppids.add(trigger.new[i].Opportunityid);
                if(trigger.new[i].M_PM_Product__c!= null){plcrids.add(trigger.new[i].M_PM_Product__c);
                 system.debug('@@plcridsinsert'+plcrids);
                }    
            }
        }  
        if(Trigger.isupdate){
            for(integer i=0;i<trigger.new.size();i++){
                oppids.add(trigger.new[i].Opportunityid);
                if(trigger.new[i].M_PM_Product__c!=trigger.old[i].M_PM_Product__c){
                    plcrids.add(trigger.new[i].M_PM_Product__c);plcrids1.add(trigger.old[i].M_PM_Product__c);
                 system.debug('@@plcridsupdate'+plcrids);
                  system.debug('**plcrids1update'+plcrids1);
                }
            }
        }
        if(Trigger.isdelete){
            for(integer i=0;i<trigger.old.size();i++){
                plcrids1.add(trigger.old[i].M_PM_Product__c);oppids.add(trigger.old[i].Opportunityid);
                system.debug('**plcrids1update'+plcrids1);
                system.debug('$$oppidsupdate'+oppids);
            }
        }
        if(oppids.size()>0 ){
            oppmap = new map<id,Opportunity>([select id,Tech_Sales__c,Tech_Sales_Product_Area__c, Tech_Sales1__c, Tech_Sales2__c, Default_Tech_Sales__c,Default_Tech_Sales_Product__c,Default_Tech_Sales_Manager__c,Default_Tech_Sales_Manager__r.Name,Default_Tech_Sales_Manager_Secondary__c,Default_Tech_Sales_Manager_Secondary__r.Name,(select id,Contact__c from Opportunity.Opportunity_Sales_Teams__r),(select id,M_PM_Product__c,M_PM_Product__r.Product_Line_Chief_Engineer__c, M_PM_Product__r.Product_Leader__c, M_PM_Product__r.Product_Line__r.Product_Line_Finance_POC__c from OpportunityLineItems ) from Opportunity where id=:oppids]);
            if( Trigger.isinsert || (Trigger.isupdate && Trigger.isbefore )){
                if(!Test.isRunningTest()) { 
                    lstplts1 = [select id,CBT__c,SBU__c,Region__c,Country__c,Tech_Sales__c,Tech_Sales_Product__c,Product_Type__c,Tech_Sales_Manager__r.Name,Tech_Sales_Manager__c,Tech_Sales_Manager_Secondary__r.Name,Tech_Sales_Manager_Secondary__c,Product_Line__r.Name,Product_Line__c from Product_Line_Tech_Sales__c Limit 20000];
                system.debug('%%lstplts1'+lstplts1);
                }
                else{

lstplts1 = [select id,CBT__c,SBU__c,Region__c,Country__c,Tech_Sales__c,Tech_Sales_Product__c,Product_Type__c,Tech_Sales_Manager__r.Name,Tech_Sales_Manager__c,Tech_Sales_Manager_Secondary__r.Name,Tech_Sales_Manager_Secondary__c,Product_Line__r.Name,Product_Line__c from Product_Line_Tech_Sales__c limit 10];
                system.debug('%%lstplts1else'+lstplts1);
                }       
            }
        }  
        if(plcrids.size()>0 && (Trigger.isinsert || (Trigger.isupdate && Trigger.isbefore ))){
            mapplcr = new map<id,Product_Line_Cross_Ref__c>([select id,Product_Line__c,Product_Line__r.Product_Line_Finance_POC__c,Product_Leader__c,Product_Line_Chief_Engineer__c from Product_Line_Cross_Ref__c where id=:plcrids]);
            system.debug('##mapplcr'+mapplcr);
        }
        if(plcrids1.size()>0 && (Trigger.isdelete || ( Trigger.isupdate && Trigger.isAfter ))){
            mapplcr1 = new map<id,Product_Line_Cross_Ref__c>([select id,Product_Line__c,Product_Line__r.Product_Line_Finance_POC__c,Product_Leader__c,Product_Line_Chief_Engineer__c from Product_Line_Cross_Ref__c where id=:plcrids1]);
            system.debug('##mapplcr1'+mapplcr1);    
        }  
        for(Opportunity opp:oppmap.values()){
            usernames.add(opp.Tech_Sales1__c);usernames.add(opp.Tech_Sales2__c);
        }
        if(usernames.size()>0){
            userlst = [SELECT Id,Name FROM User WHERE Name =: usernames AND IsPortalEnabled = false];
        for(user u :userlst ){usermap.put(u.name,u.id);}
        }  
        if( Trigger.isinsert || (Trigger.isupdate && Trigger.isbefore )){
            for(OpportunityLineItem oplt:trigger.new){
                op = true;
                system.debug('##op'+op);
                if(oppmap.containsKey(oplt.Opportunityid) && (oppmap.get(oplt.Opportunityid).Default_Tech_Sales__c!=null || oppmap.get(oplt.Opportunityid).Default_Tech_Sales_Product__c!=null)){
                    oplt.Tech_Sales__c = oppmap.get(oplt.Opportunityid).Default_Tech_Sales__c;
                    oplt.Tech_Sales_Product__c = oppmap.get(oplt.Opportunityid).Default_Tech_Sales_Product__c;
                    oplt.Tech_Sales_Manager__c = oppmap.get(oplt.Opportunityid).Default_Tech_Sales_Manager__c;
                    oplt.Tech_Sales_Manager_Secondary__c = oppmap.get(oplt.Opportunityid).Default_Tech_Sales_Manager_Secondary__c;oplt.OpportunityAccountChange__c = false;
                }
                else{
                    if(op == true){
                    system.debug('&&Op'+op);
                        for(Product_Line_Tech_Sales__c plts:lstplts1){

if( oplt.Tech_Sales_Product_Line__c == plts.Product_Line__r.Name && oplt.SBU__c == plts.SBU__c && oplt.CBT__c == plts.CBT__c && oplt.Tech_Sales_Region__c == plts.Region__c && oplt.Tech_Sales_Country__c == plts.Country__c && op == true){
                                oplt.Tech_Sales__c=plts.Tech_Sales__c;
                                oplt.Tech_Sales_Product__c = plts.Tech_Sales_Product__c;
                                oplt.Tech_Sales_Manager__c = plts.Tech_Sales_Manager__c;
                                oplt.Tech_Sales_Manager_Secondary__c = plts.Tech_Sales_Manager_Secondary__c; 
                                oplt.OpportunityAccountChange__c = false; 
                                op = false;
                            }
                        }
                    }
                    if(op == true){
                            if( oplt.Tech_Sales_Product_Line__c == plts.Product_Line__r.Name && oplt.SBU__c == plts.SBU__c && oplt.CBT__c == plts.CBT__c && oplt.Tech_Sales_Region__c == plts.Region__c && plts.Country__c == null && op == true){
                                op = false; 
                            } 
                        }//lstplts1.clear();
                    }
                    if(op == true){
                            if( oplt.Tech_Sales_Product_Line__c == plts.Product_Line__r.Name && oplt.SBU__c == plts.SBU__c && plts.CBT__c == null && oplt.Tech_Sales_Region__c == plts.Region__c && oplt.Tech_Sales_Country__c == plts.Country__c && op == true){
                                op = false;
                            }
                        }// lstplts1.clear();
                    }
                    if(op == true){ 
                            if( oplt.Tech_Sales_Product_Line__c == plts.Product_Line__r.Name && oplt.SBU__c == plts.SBU__c && plts.CBT__c == null && oplt.Tech_Sales_Region__c == plts.Region__c && plts.Country__c == null && op == true){
                                op = false;
                            }
                        }//stplts1.clear();
                    }
                    if(op == true){ 
                            if( oplt.Tech_Sales_Product_Type__c == plts.Product_Type__c && '*All*' == plts.Product_Line__r.Name && oplt.SBU__c == plts.SBU__c && oplt.CBT__c == plts.CBT__c && oplt.Tech_Sales_Region__c == plts.Region__c && oplt.Tech_Sales_Country__c == plts.Country__c && op == true){
                                op = false;
                            }
                        }//lstplts1.clear();
                    }
                    if(op == true){ 
                            if( oplt.Tech_Sales_Product_Type__c == plts.Product_Type__c && '*All*' == plts.Product_Line__r.Name && oplt.SBU__c == plts.SBU__c && oplt.CBT__c == plts.CBT__c && oplt.Tech_Sales_Region__c == plts.Region__c && plts.Country__c == null && op == true){
                                op = false;
                            }
                        } //lstplts1.clear();
                    }
                    if(op == true){ 

// system.debug('oplt value:'+oplt);
                            //system.debug('plts value:'+plts);
                            if( oplt.Tech_Sales_Product_Type__c == plts.Product_Type__c && '*All*' == plts.Product_Line__r.Name && oplt.SBU__c == plts.SBU__c && plts.CBT__c == null && oplt.Tech_Sales_Region__c == plts.Region__c && oplt.Tech_Sales_Country__c == plts.Country__c && op == true){
                                op = false;
                            }
                        }//lstplts1.clear();
                    }
                    if(op == true){ 
                           if( oplt.Tech_Sales_Product_Type__c == plts.Product_Type__c && '*All*' == plts.Product_Line__r.Name && oplt.SBU__c == plts.SBU__c && plts.CBT__c == null && oplt.Tech_Sales_Region__c == plts.Region__c && plts.Country__c == null && op == true){
                                op = false;
                            }
                        }//lstplts1.clear();
                    }
                    if(op == true){
                        oplt.Tech_Sales__c = oppmap.get(oplt.Opportunityid).Tech_Sales__c;
                        oplt.Tech_Sales_Product__c = oppmap.get(oplt.Opportunityid).Tech_Sales_Product_Area__c;
                        oplt.Tech_Sales_Manager__c =  usermap.get(oppmap.get(oplt.Opportunityid).Tech_Sales1__c);
                        oplt.Tech_Sales_Manager_Secondary__c = usermap.get(oppmap.get(oplt.Opportunityid).Tech_Sales2__c);
                    }
                }
                map<id,id> contmap = new map<id,id>();
                /**for(Opportunity_Sales_Team__c oppsateam :oppmap.get(oplt.Opportunityid).Opportunity_Sales_Teams__r){
                    contmap.put(oppsateam.Contact__c,oppsateam.Contact__c);
                }  
                system.debug('@@mapplcr'+mapplcr);
                if(mapplcr!=null && !mapplcr.isempty()){
                    system.debug('Line187'+mapplcr);
                    system.debug('Line231'+(oplt.M_PM_Product__c));
                    system.debug('Line189'+contmap);
                    system.debug('!!mapplcr.get(oplt.M_PM_Product__c).Product_Leader__c'+mapplcr.get(oplt.M_PM_Product__c).Product_Leader__c);
                    system.debug('##mapplcr.get(oplt.M_PM_Product__c).Product_Line_Chief_Engineer__c'+mapplcr.get(oplt.M_PM_Product__c).Product_Line_Chief_Engineer__c);
                    system.debug('$$mapplcr.get(oplt.M_PM_Product__c).Product_Line__r.Product_Line_Finance_POC__c'+mapplcr.get(oplt.M_PM_Product__c).Product_Line__r.Product_Line_Finance_POC__c);
                    if( mapplcr.get(oplt.M_PM_Product__c).Product_Leader__c!=null && (!contmap.containsKey(mapplcr.get(oplt.M_PM_Product__c).Product_Leader__c))){
                        if( dupmap.get(mapplcr.get(oplt.M_PM_Product__c).Product_Leader__c) != oplt.Opportunityid ){
                            Opportunity_Sales_Team__c oppteam = new Opportunity_Sales_Team__c();
                            oppteam.Contact__c = mapplcr.get(oplt.M_PM_Product__c).Product_Leader__c;
                            oppteam.Opportunity__c = oplt.Opportunityid; 
                            dupmap.put(mapplcr.get(oplt.M_PM_Product__c).Product_Leader__c,oplt.Opportunityid);lstoppteam.add(oppteam);
                        }
                    }
                    if( mapplcr.get(oplt.M_PM_Product__c).Product_Line_Chief_Engineer__c!=null && (!contmap.containsKey(mapplcr.get(oplt.M_PM_Product__c).Product_Line_Chief_Engineer__c))){
                        if( dupmap.get(mapplcr.get(oplt.M_PM_Product__c).Product_Line_Chief_Engineer__c) != oplt.Opportunityid ){
                            oppteam.Contact__c = mapplcr.get(oplt.M_PM_Product__c).Product_Line_Chief_Engineer__c;
                            dupmap.put(mapplcr.get(oplt.M_PM_Product__c).Product_Line_Chief_Engineer__c,oplt.Opportunityid); lstoppteam.add(oppteam);
                        }
                    }           
                    if( mapplcr.get(oplt.M_PM_Product__c).Product_Line__r.Product_Line_Finance_POC__c!=null && (!contmap.containsKey(mapplcr.get(oplt.M_PM_Product__c).Product_Line__r.Product_Line_Finance_POC__c))){
                        if( dupmap.get(mapplcr.get(oplt.M_PM_Product__c).Product_Line__r.Product_Line_Finance_POC__c) != oplt.Opportunityid ){
                            oppteam.Contact__c = mapplcr.get(oplt.M_PM_Product__c).Product_Line__r.Product_Line_Finance_POC__c;
                            dupmap.put(mapplcr.get(oplt.M_PM_Product__c).Product_Line__r.Product_Line_Finance_POC__c,oplt.Opportunityid); lstoppteam.add(oppteam);
                        }
                    }
                }**/
            }
        }
        if(lstoppteam.size()>0){ insert lstoppteam; }
        system.debug('**mapplcr1'+mapplcr1);
        if((Trigger.isdelete && mapplcr1!=null && !mapplcr1.isempty() ) || (mapplcr1!=null && !mapplcr1.isempty() && Trigger.isupdate && Trigger.isAfter  )){
            set<id> setids = new set<id>(); list<Opportunity_Sales_Team__c> oppsalteamlst = new list<Opportunity_Sales_Team__c>();
            for(OpportunityLineItem oplt:trigger.old){
                map<id,Opportunity_Sales_Team__c> contmap1 = new map<id,Opportunity_Sales_Team__c>();
                for(Opportunity_Sales_Team__c oppsateam :oppmap.get(oplt.Opportunityid).Opportunity_Sales_Teams__r){
                    contmap1.put(oppsateam.Contact__c,oppsateam);
                } 
                for(OpportunityLineItem oplt2:oppmap.get(oplt.Opportunityid).OpportunityLineItems){
                    setids.add(oplt2.M_PM_Product__r.Product_Leader__c);
                    setids.add(oplt2.M_PM_Product__r.Product_Line_Chief_Engineer__c);
                    setids.add(oplt2.M_PM_Product__r.Product_Line__r.Product_Line_Finance_POC__c);
                } 
                    /*system.debug('Line230'+mapplcr1);
                    system.debug('Line231'+(oplt.M_PM_Product__c));
                    system.debug('Line232'+setids);
                    system.debug('Line233'+contmap1);
                    system.debug('!!mapplcr1.get(oplt.M_PM_Product__c).Product_Leader__c'+mapplcr1.get(oplt.M_PM_Product__c).Product_Leader__c);
                    system.debug('##mapplcr1.get(oplt.M_PM_Product__c).Product_Line_Chief_Engineer__c'+mapplcr1.get(oplt.M_PM_Product__c).Product_Line_Chief_Engineer__c);
                    system.debug('$$mapplcr1.get(oplt.M_PM_Product__c).Product_Line__r.Product_Line_Finance_POC__c'+mapplcr1.get(oplt.M_PM_Product__c).Product_Line__r.Product_Line_Finance_POC__c);
                    */
                if(oplt.M_PM_Product__c !=null && mapplcr1.containsKey(oplt.M_PM_Product__c)){
                    if(mapplcr1.get(oplt.M_PM_Product__c).Product_Leader__c!=null){
                        if(mapplcr1.get(oplt.M_PM_Product__c).Product_Leader__c!=null && (!setids.contains(mapplcr1.get(oplt.M_PM_Product__c).Product_Leader__c)) && (contmap1.containsKey(mapplcr1.get(oplt.M_PM_Product__c).Product_Leader__c))){
                            oppsalteamlst.add( contmap1.get( mapplcr1.get(oplt.M_PM_Product__c).Product_Leader__c));
                        }
                        if(mapplcr1.get(oplt.M_PM_Product__c).Product_Line_Chief_Engineer__c!=null && (!setids.contains(mapplcr1.get(oplt.M_PM_Product__c).Product_Line_Chief_Engineer__c)) && (contmap1.containsKey(mapplcr1.get(oplt.M_PM_Product__c).Product_Line_Chief_Engineer__c))){
                            oppsalteamlst.add( contmap1.get( mapplcr1.get(oplt.M_PM_Product__c).Product_Line_Chief_Engineer__c));
                        }
                        if( mapplcr1.get(oplt.M_PM_Product__c).Product_Line__r.Product_Line_Finance_POC__c!=null && (!setids.contains(mapplcr1.get(oplt.M_PM_Product__c).Product_Line__r.Product_Line_Finance_POC__c)) && (contmap1.containsKey(mapplcr1.get(oplt.M_PM_Product__c).Product_Line__r.Product_Line_Finance_POC__c))){
                            oppsalteamlst.add( contmap1.get( mapplcr1.get(oplt.M_PM_Product__c).Product_Line__r.Product_Line_Finance_POC__c));              
                        }
                    }
                }
            }
            if(oppsalteamlst.size()>0){delete oppsalteamlst;}      
        } 
    }
}

Hey Guys,

i am looking for a "best practice" solution, to create a conditionally url button. The button should be placed on the standard page layout.
Related to a value of the object, the button button should redirect the user to a page.

For example, if the status is x, redirect to a new task.
if the status is y, redirect to the homepage.
if the status is z, redirect to an external page.

Unfortunately, a javascript button is not a soultion for lightning.

I have created a controller and a methode to create a conditionally PageReference for each case. I dont think that this solution is best practice. Moreover, i used simply urls like
1new PageReference('https://...............+lead.id');
what is definitely not best practise.  So my button opens the page which is fireing the action methode automatically.

Conclusion, i am looking for : 
- a solution for lightning and classic
- a button placed on the standard page layout
- the button should redirect to different pages related to a value of the object
- a more best practice solution than mine 

I appreciate your help ! 

Cheers, 
Marry
I have custom object and it has Notes and Files related list, I want to restrict to one Note and one File for each custom record. Would that be possible?