• Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello,

When using the "Log a Call" feature, we would like for our users to select from a picklist when using the "Subject" field. While the "Subject" field type currently shows as being a picklist, it is anything but that. 

The reason we are trying to force our users to select from a picklist is so that we have continuity with naming conventions and more efficient reporting. The stardand "Subject" field allows users to free-form type anything they want, limiting our ability to have strong and concise reporting. 

Because of this, I created a custom field called "Log a Call Subject" with the field type as picklist. This allowed us to achieve what we wanted from a continuity perspective, however we experienced a data gap when we noticed that the values for "Log a Call Subject" we not visible in the Past Activites section on landing pages (for example on the Account or Contact objects). Rather, each activity was still showing the "Subject" for the header, when we would like for it to show the new custom field I created "Log a Call Subject". I tried editing this compact layout to replace the "Subject" with "Log a Call Subject" without success. We also noticed a gap in the reports we subscribe to (Call Reports) where we had both columns ("Subject" and "Log a Call Subject") next to each other and only the "Subject" field was hyperlinked. This led us to believe that if we wanted to have clickthrough functionality, that we would be forced to use the standard salesforce field "Subject". 

Long story short, if possible, I would like to consolidate the number of fields we're using ("Subject" and "Log a Call Subject") and only use one (preferablly the standard salesforce "Subject" field). Is there any way to modify this field to be a true picklist with the ability to have field dependancies via development?

Thanks so much!
SD
Hello,

When using the "Log a Call" feature, we would like for our users to select from a picklist when using the "Subject" field. While the "Subject" field type currently shows as being a picklist, it is anything but that. 

The reason we are trying to force our users to select from a picklist is so that we have continuity with naming conventions and more efficient reporting. The stardand "Subject" field allows users to free-form type anything they want, limiting our ability to have strong and concise reporting. 

Because of this, I created a custom field called "Log a Call Subject" with the field type as picklist. This allowed us to achieve what we wanted from a continuity perspective, however we experienced a data gap when we noticed that the values for "Log a Call Subject" we not visible in the Past Activites section on landing pages (for example on the Account or Contact objects). Rather, each activity was still showing the "Subject" for the header, when we would like for it to show the new custom field I created "Log a Call Subject". I tried editing this compact layout to replace the "Subject" with "Log a Call Subject" without success. We also noticed a gap in the reports we subscribe to (Call Reports) where we had both columns ("Subject" and "Log a Call Subject") next to each other and only the "Subject" field was hyperlinked. This led us to believe that if we wanted to have clickthrough functionality, that we would be forced to use the standard salesforce field "Subject". 

Long story short, if possible, I would like to consolidate the number of fields we're using ("Subject" and "Log a Call Subject") and only use one (preferablly the standard salesforce "Subject" field). Is there any way to modify this field to be a true picklist with the ability to have field dependancies via development?

Thanks so much!
SD