• Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello,

Quick questions.  We have the CLI installed and experimenting with dx. 

One of the features with scratch orgs is the ability to pull from the scratch org the changes made to your local machine.  Is this possible in a development or sandbox instance as well?  If so, how?

Thanks.
Hello,

I am working through to trying to understand dx.  I am not a sf developer but have some knowledge concerning it. 

We are running today bitbucket as our git repo.  We are not using it yet aside from daily backups of sorts.  Coding is being done strictly within the orgs themselves. 

We want to start using dx and our repo and refine our development process.  For me the part I am struggling the most with is our repo structure I think.  I have spent some time searching but have not found anything on this that helps me wrap my head around this. 

Our repo structure today is a listing of all metadatatypes and the files underneath it.  Class folder for example and all classes under it.  As part of dx it seems you create a project that includes the class folder and files within the force-app (I believe it was) folder.  Within this there a number of other folders and so on.  This structure is very different.  Are there folks in, or that were in a similar situation that married these 2 structures in some way and if so how did you do it? 

I believe we can do these conversions from one to the other and back but that sure seems like a lot of overhead. 

Also, I would love a better understanding of folks that are in a similar situation as we are, how did you go about starting to use dx and your vcs repo.  Another point I am struggling a bit with is so I spin up a scratch org and I am working on an issue with a few classes and workflows for example.  What is my process here in how I should work this with my git structure as I have it today?   

Do I create an empty project, bring in the classes I need from my repo, work them, work the workflow in the scratch org and sync that change down locally in to my project.  When ready to push back up to our vcs convert the project to the structure we have today then push?  

If there is a video on this or a good blog that I have overlooked I would love to read it and better understand what we need to do here.    

Thanks for the help.

Hello,

I am saw a video recently about apex debugger to find out we have access to it and woudl have saved us huge amounts of time recently i believe.  So we are excited to give it a go.

I am trying to get it to hit a breakpoint however without success.  I can see within the instance the session started and It seems within eclipse all is connecting.  however, when I anonymously fire a batch class for example with breakpoints nothing is happening.  

Can anyone tell me what I might be doing wrong?   I am very new to eclipse environment too so any help would be great.  

These are the instructions I was following to get it working:
https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.210.0.eclipse.meta/eclipse/debugger_overview.htm

This is the instruction I cannot get and where you test hitting a breakpoint:
https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.210.0.eclipse.meta/eclipse/debugger_test_your_setup.htm

Thanks.

Hello,

We have not been able to get in to workbench for the past 2 days due to what looks like a dns error.  We have tried within the company, outside the organization and both on Chrome and IE with the same result
URL:  https://workbench.developerforce.com

Error Message:
This site can’t be reached
workbench.developerforce.com’s server DNS address could not be found.
Try running Windows Network Diagnostics.
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

Anyone else get this or know of a fix?  

Thanks.
Hello,
I had posted this in salesforce community but it was suggested i ask here.  Hopefully this is the right place to put this request.  If not please let me know and i will see about posting it in a different location.  

I am attempting to get lightning connect to work with a custom service which pulls data from oracle. I am pretty new to the .net web api service side of this process in addition to SalesForce/Lightning Connect.

What I have so far is a servic that will do 2 things and it works  
1. Fetch a wide open list of orders    /odata/OrderNumbers/
2. Fetch a single order      /odata/OrderNumbers(12345)  

When I add the endpoint to lightning connect i can validate and sync everything without issue it seems.  When I click on the order I get a listing of orders as i would expect.  I can also see the display URL is correctly pointing at my single order. If i take that URL and open a new tab and paste it in there it works without issue.  

Here is where one of my issues comes in to play.  If i click on ExternalID however, I get an error:  

"This data isn't available because the external system isn't filtering the results as we requested. Contact your administrator for help. "

I see that the externalID is pointing to:   x/OrderNumbers__x/628806.  As I mentioned the Display URL is pointing to:  odata/OrderNumbers(628806) which works.  Is there some sort of routing issue happening here?  

My guess is that sales force is reading in the externalID address and routing the request to what is displayed in the display URL perhaps?  Anyone have any ideas what I am doing wrong here or what the issue might be?  

As a final question I do see that salesforce also at times, send varied parameters back to my service to lets say filter the results set.  Anyone out there know of a good reference one could use to build out this functionality within a .net web api service?

Thanks.
Hello,

We have not been able to get in to workbench for the past 2 days due to what looks like a dns error.  We have tried within the company, outside the organization and both on Chrome and IE with the same result

Error Message:

Thanks.
Hello,

Quick questions.  We have the CLI installed and experimenting with dx. 

One of the features with scratch orgs is the ability to pull from the scratch org the changes made to your local machine.  Is this possible in a development or sandbox instance as well?  If so, how?

Thanks.
Hello,

I am working through to trying to understand dx.  I am not a sf developer but have some knowledge concerning it. 

We are running today bitbucket as our git repo.  We are not using it yet aside from daily backups of sorts.  Coding is being done strictly within the orgs themselves. 

We want to start using dx and our repo and refine our development process.  For me the part I am struggling the most with is our repo structure I think.  I have spent some time searching but have not found anything on this that helps me wrap my head around this. 

Our repo structure today is a listing of all metadatatypes and the files underneath it.  Class folder for example and all classes under it.  As part of dx it seems you create a project that includes the class folder and files within the force-app (I believe it was) folder.  Within this there a number of other folders and so on.  This structure is very different.  Are there folks in, or that were in a similar situation that married these 2 structures in some way and if so how did you do it? 

I believe we can do these conversions from one to the other and back but that sure seems like a lot of overhead. 

Also, I would love a better understanding of folks that are in a similar situation as we are, how did you go about starting to use dx and your vcs repo.  Another point I am struggling a bit with is so I spin up a scratch org and I am working on an issue with a few classes and workflows for example.  What is my process here in how I should work this with my git structure as I have it today?   

Do I create an empty project, bring in the classes I need from my repo, work them, work the workflow in the scratch org and sync that change down locally in to my project.  When ready to push back up to our vcs convert the project to the structure we have today then push?  

If there is a video on this or a good blog that I have overlooked I would love to read it and better understand what we need to do here.    

Thanks for the help.

Hello,

Error Message:

Thanks.