• 0 Points
  • Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Anyone know what kind of syntax the URL section is on a custom button?  (and what context variables are available to it)  Is it Apex or VisualSource syntax or something else?  I want to add some logic like this, but it is not working:  {!URLFOR("/apex/CustomAttachment?id=" + (Contact!=null?Contact.Id:Opportunity.Id)}

I select Behavior: "Execute in existing window"
Content Source:  "URL"
I have a button that launches a custom visualforce page.  The button can exist on multiple objects, so I need to do some sort of check to find the parent objects id and type so the custom controller knows what type of object it is dealing with...
This is kind of what I am wanting to do:
{!URLFOR("/apex/PD_CustomAttachment?id="+ !ParentObject.Id)}  gives me syntax error when saving...
I am looking for a literal keyword like ParentObject that refers to any parent and is not tied to a hardcoded type like:  Contact.Id
Any ideas?  Does this even exist in visualforce/apex?
Anyone know what kind of syntax the URL section is on a custom button?  (and what context variables are available to it)  Is it Apex or VisualSource syntax or something else?  I want to add some logic like this, but it is not working:  {!URLFOR("/apex/CustomAttachment?id=" + (Contact!=null?Contact.Id:Opportunity.Id)}

I select Behavior: "Execute in existing window"
Content Source:  "URL"
I have a button that launches a custom visualforce page.  The button can exist on multiple objects, so I need to do some sort of check to find the parent objects id and type so the custom controller knows what type of object it is dealing with...
This is kind of what I am wanting to do:
{!URLFOR("/apex/PD_CustomAttachment?id="+ !ParentObject.Id)}  gives me syntax error when saving...
I am looking for a literal keyword like ParentObject that refers to any parent and is not tied to a hardcoded type like:  Contact.Id
Any ideas?  Does this even exist in visualforce/apex?
Hi,

I have a related list button on detail page. I have wriiten some java script code on the button. I want to gett the parent id on this button. Can you please tell me how can i get the id?
Hello Everyone,

I am new to salesforce1 and having problem while working with VF pages. I have a VF page that saves some records. When i edit any record and updates the value, the value is changed in the database but doesn't reflect on the standard detail page but when i refresh my page then the updated value appeared. I think old value is displaying from the cookies. I am using salesforce1 mobile browser app. Can anyone tell me how can i get the refreshed value?

Thanks in advanced

Hi,  thanks for reading...

I'm having trouble finding where some of my code is going wrong.

The code is uploaded from the IDE just fine but when executed via a command button:

apex:commandButton action="{!shop}" value="Buy"

The code leads to a "is down for maintenance ".

When I was an undergrad writing code; I used to be able to write to stdout... to see how far my code was going before it went awry...

Is there a way to do this in Apex for visualforce pages?

Thanks,

Eric

I am trying to override the "New" layout for a related list object.  The flow is this:

1) User navigates to the related list and clicks "New Object".

2) They should be presented with all the fields on the detail page.

3) When they click Save, I want them to be redirected back to the parent record, not the details for the new related list object. It's like creating a new Contact off an Account, then being redirected to the Account after save as opposed to the Contact details.

How do I pass the parent record Id in via the related list object using Visualforce, or is there an easier way to do this?

• April 17, 2009