• Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi  all,
I am having an issue with calling a component from another. There are other parts to my component but I am posting a part of my code.
The first component is calling the second component on a button click which calls the function callSaveComp: I am trying to pass the record id of the current record since the first component is on the Account page. So using "v.recordId" in the controller. I can see that v.recordId has the value of the account record but it doesn't get passed to the next component on button click.
<aura:component controller="PartnerAffiliates" implements="flexipage:availableForRecordHome,force:hasRecordId,force:lightningQuickAction,force:appHostable" access="global" >

other code.....
        <lightning:button variant="neutral" label="New" onclick="{!c.callSaveComp}"/>

</aua:component>

controller for first component:
callSaveComp : function(component, event, helper){
        var evt = $A.get("e.force:navigateToComponent");
        console.log('Event '+evt);
        var accountFromId = component.get("v.recordId");
        evt.setParams({
            componentDef  : "c:AffiliateSaveForm" ,
            componentAttribute : {
                accId : accountFromId
            }

});

evt.fire();
}

Second component:
<aura:component access="global" controller="PartnerAffiliates" implements="force:appHostable">
     <aura:attribute name="accId" type="String" access="global"/>
    Other stuff....
</aura:component>

Is it possible to do something like this? or do I have to use lightning Events?

Thank you
Hi forum,
I am trying to create a lightnign component to be used as a home page in Salesforce classic. So i a creating a vf page to include a lightning component in it to be used by home  page layout.
My question is , how can I include a link on my lightning component to navigate to anoher vf page or documents? For eg: in vf page we use <apex:outputLink value="{!$Page.SafetyHomePage_MyLocations}" styleClass="list-group-item" target="_blank"> for another page or
<apex:outputLink value="{!$Page.SafetyHomePage_MyLocations}" styleClass="list-group-item" target="_blank"> for document.
How can I try similar functionality in Lightning component. I tried using force: NavigateToURL but that doesnt seem to work.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you
Hi Forum,
  Is there a way to make a custom component for the Home page just like Create New on the left side. I want to have a component which can have drop down of different options(links to dashboards in my case), something very similar to Create New. I tried using javascript, vf area, etc but all of them need a region inside which there can be dropdown but I want it like a tab.
  Any ideas on how this can be achieved?

Thank you

Hi folks,
  I have written a translation plugin to be used by a flow and I tried to write test class for the same but I keep getting error when i run the test. Below is my class.. Please help me with this.
global class FoodSafetyCriteriaNotMetPlugin implements Process.Plugin{
    global Process.PluginResult invoke(Process.PluginRequest request){
        String  apiName = (String)request.inputParameters.get('Criteria_Not_Met_Field_API_Name');
        System.debug('Apiname ' +apiName);
        Id      recordId = (Id) request.inputParameters.get('QA_Id');
        String queryString = 'SELECT toLabel('+apiName+') FROM Food_Safety_QA__c WHERE Id = :recordId LIMIT 1';
        List<Food_Safety_QA__c> listQA = Database.query(queryString);
        Food_Safety_QA__c objQA = listQA[0];
        String returnString = (string)objQA.get(apiName);
        System.debug('Return String is :' +returnString);
        Map<String,Object> result = new Map<String,Object>();
        result.put('Translated_Value', returnString);
        return new Process.PluginResult(result);

}
    global Process.PluginDescribeResult describe() { 
      Process.PluginDescribeResult result = new Process.PluginDescribeResult(); 
      result.Name = 'Get the Translated Criteria Not Met';
      result.inputParameters = new List<Process.PluginDescribeResult.InputParameter>{ 
            new Process.PluginDescribeResult.InputParameter('Criteria_Not_Met_Field_API_Name',Process.PluginDescribeResult.ParameterType.STRING,true),
            new Process.PluginDescribeResult.InputParameter('QA_Id',Process.PluginDescribeResult.ParameterType.STRING,true)
         }; 
      result.outputParameters = new 
         List<Process.PluginDescribeResult.OutputParameter>{              
            new Process.PluginDescribeResult.OutputParameter('Translated_Value',Process.PluginDescribeResult.ParameterType.STRING)
         }; 
      return result; 
   }
}
Hi,
   I want to perform a simple calculation on my Vf page. I have an integer  countCompleted and a decimal auditsToBeMade variable on the controller side.
public Integer getcountCompleted(){
        Integer countCompleted = [select COUNT() from Financial_Audit_Plan__c where YTD_Completed_Audits__c = 1 AND ((DM1__c = :userInfo.getUserID())
                                       OR (DM2__c = :userInfo.getUserID()) OR (DM3__c = :userInfo.getUserID()) OR (DM4__c = :userInfo.getUserID())) AND Calendar_year(Planification_Date__c) = :System.today().year()];
        System.debug('Total is '+countCompleted);
        return countCompleted;
    }
public Decimal getauditsToBeMade(){
        if(financial1!=null && total_size!=0)                                                                                
        auditsToBeMade = financial1[0].Total_Planned_Audits__c;
        return auditsToBeMade;
    }
I just want to dispaly something like this. ({!countCompleted}/{!auditsToBeMade})*100%  on the page.  I tried by creating a new variable on the controller and performing calculation there and then displaying that variable on the page.: 
public Decimal getpercentAudit(){
        if(auditsToBeMade!=0){
            Decimal percentAudit = (getcountCompleted()/getauditsToBeMade())*100;
            System.debug('Percent is '+percentAudit);
            return percentAudit.setScale(2, RoundingMode.HALF_UP);
        }else{
            return null;
        }

}
But I get an exception whenever getauditsToBeMade() method doent return any value, how can i prevent this error? Please advice.
Thank you
Hi,  I have written a vf page and a custom controller to use the page on my home page as a  home page component. So I am not really passing any ID to the vf page. It just uses a table to display some values on the home page as the current user. How do I write a test class for this? Please advice me.
public with sharing class FinancialCashAudit {
    public List<Cash_Audit__c> cashAudit{get; set;}
    public List<Cash_Audit__c> cashAuditlist;
    public Integer counter = 0;
    public Integer list_size = 5;
    public Integer total_size;
    private List<Id> ophier;
    public FinancialCashAudit(){
        ophier = new List<Id>();
        for(User_Access__c use : [select id, Operational_Hierarchy__c from User_Access__c where User__c = :UserInfo.getUserId() and active__c = true]){
            ophier.add(use.Operational_Hierarchy__c);
        }
        cashAudit = [select name, Operational_Hierarchy__c, Operational_Hierarchy__r.Name,
                    Submitted_By__c, Submitted_By__r.Name, Submitted_Date__c from Cash_Audit__c
                    where Operational_Hierarchy__c IN :ophier ];
        total_size  = cashAudit.size();

}
    public List<Cash_Audit__c> getcashAuditlist(){
        cashAuditlist = [select name, Operational_Hierarchy__c, Operational_Hierarchy__r.Name,
                    where Operational_Hierarchy__c IN :ophier ORDER BY Submitted_Date__c DESC  LIMIT: list_size OFFSET : counter];
        return cashAuditlist;
    }
    public PageReference Beginning(){
        counter = 0;
        System.debug('Counter is '+counter);
        getcashAuditlist();
        return null;
    }
    public PageReference Previous(){
        counter -= list_size;
        getcashAuditlist();
        return null;
    }
    public PageReference Next(){
        counter += list_size;
        getcashAuditlist();
        return null;
    }
    public pageReference End(){
        counter = total_size - math.mod(total_size, list_size);
        getcashAuditlist();
        return null;
    }
     public Boolean getDisablePrevious(){
        if(counter==0) return true;
        else return false;
    }
    public Boolean getDisableNext(){
        if((counter + list_size) > total_size) return true;
        else return false;
    }
    public Integer getPageNumber(){
        if(math.mod(counter, list_size)>0){
            return counter/list_size + 1;
        }else{
            return counter/list_size ;
        }
    }
    public Integer getTotalPages(){

return (total_size/list_size);

}

}
This controller displays all the cash audits with operational hierarchy. the way it is shared is there is a object called User Access which has fields User and  operational_hierarchy. Please give me some idea on how to start on this.
Thank you

Hi,
 I have a situation here. I have an object A with differnt fields like user(lookup to  user), location__c(lookup to another object B) and date__c. It also has a field called , lets say value__c field which has to be automatically populated. all the other fields wil be loaded.
  I have another object Audit which is a series of some questions which needs to completed by  user and its value is stored in a field called 'submitted_by__c'., date__c  and a field called location__c(which is a lookup to the object B as above). Now what i want to is whenver any user creates a record in audit object by populating  submitted_by__c and location__c fields , it automatically should add 1 (always keeps adding) to the value__c of object A records but only to those records which are matched up by the fields user__c, date__c and location__c on the object A.
      I was thinking of a trigger. But I am not sure. Please given me any ideas.

Thank you
Hi folks,
  Here is my scenario,
I would like to have a button whoch would open a word document with some pre populatyed field from the object and also allow them to enter some additional information which allows them to save it to their system as well as salesforce. I considered using mail merge templates but I am not sure if this is the right approach. Here is my custom link but it doesnt work.
/mail/mmchoose.jsp?save=1&p7=0&p8="&MailMergeTemplateId&"&id="&{!Object.Id}&"&1="&ObejectName& "&retURL="&{!Object.Id}

Please give me a suggestion or whats wrong with my above link.

Thank you
Hi, I folllowed the trailhead (Build a restaurant locator Lightning Component )  Leveraging the Contact Record Data and it also marks as completed. but when i try to see the output, I get the following error,
Unfortunately, there was a problem. Please try again. If the problem continues, get in touch with your administrator with the error ID shown here and any other related details. Something has gone wrong. Error in $A.getCallback() [SyntaxError: Unexpected end of JSON input] Failing descriptor: {markup://c:InTheArea}. Please try again.

Can anyone help me to undersatnd why am I getting this error.
Thank you
Hi,
   I have several muliselect picklist fields in my custom object and I have written a trigger which counts and adds all the selected picklist values from all the fieds and add them up together and update a field. Now i am trying to write  a test class for the same trigger but i am not sure how to create test data for those multiselect picklist fields? Can I use the existing picklist values on the object but I think , if in future the piclist options change, that might affect my test class.
    Please guide me in this. I can post my trigger if required.
 Thank you
Hi ,
I have a simple javascript button which is just supposed to set a chekbox to true and a pop up should appear. It is as follows:
{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/29.0/connection.js")} 
{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/18.0/apex.js")} 
var p = new sforce.SObject('Inventory_exception__c'); 
p.id = "{!Inventory_Exception__c.Id}"; 
p.Inventory_Count_Requested__c= "True"; 
result = sforce.connection.update([p]); 
location.reload(true); 
if(result[0].success == 'true'){ 
alert("An inventory count has been requested and an email will be sent to the RFD to coordinate with an independent observer to make the count."); 
}
It works fine but not always. Sometimes it doesn't work and when i opened console I see the error...'Refused to create a child context containing 'blob:https://example.com' because it violates the following Content Security Policy directive:...child-src was not explicitly set, so default-src is used as a fallback.
     How can I fix this? I tried some stack overflow solutions but nothing really seem to work.  Please help....
Thank you
Hi
I have a trigger and its test class which runs perfectly fine in the sandbox and it also shows 76 % coverage. I also had some debug statements in both the test class and trigger and I was able to view the expected result. But when I deploy it to production, choosing run specific test classses only, it doesnt get deployed and the error is code coverage is 0. I opened the debug logs and it seems like the trigger is not getting called when test datat is inserted because I only see the debug ststaments from the test class but not from the trigger.
   Please help me to find out ehat might be the reason that it is not getting called.... It is very urgent.
 Thank you
Hi,
I want to create multiple child records while creating a parent record using an afetr insert , after update trigger but I have few questions. So lets say parent object is A and B is child object. There are like 36*3 fields on A. out of them 36 fields are Yes/No picklist fields and 36 fields are multiselect picklists. What I want to do is when user selects No in any or all of the fields, it should create those many numberr of child records B. Also when user selects No as value then they need to select some values from multiselect picklists too, Based on that the child object B has fields which should be populated with values in the parent object.
     Please provide me with some ideas on how I can proceed?

Thank you

Hi
I am trying to write a test class for a trigger. The trigger is on attachement object , basically the trigger has a buch of .addError statements based on some fields of parent object of attachement which is to prevent user from updating, deleting or inserting attachements to that object based on a piclist field of that object. But i am strugling here with the test class, Only 65% coverage so far.
    How should I create test data for attachment for testing purpose and I need to test for all the differnt scenarios, insert, update and delete.
Please help mw eith some examples, I can post my trigger if required.
Thank you
Hi folks,
  I am using outputLabel to display some text in my visualforce page. But I wanted to format only a part of the text and make it bold or change its color. I tried using CSS but it formats the everthing inside outputLabel. How can I only format a portion of it?

Thank you
Hi,
I am trying to execute a very simple javascript code on a visualforce page but I dont know what I am missing here, Below is a portion of my code,
<apex:page controller="PageReferSiteVisit" >
    <apex:pageMessages />
    <script>
        function changeCase(){
           var x = document.getElementById("id1");
           x.value = x.value.toUpperCase();
        }
    </script>
and in the same pageBlock, follwing is the portion where I am trying to get this funtion work,
<apex:pageBlockSectionItem >
        <apex:outputLabel >Name of Visit</apex:outputLabel>
        <apex:inputtext value="{!doctor}" id="id1" onchange="changeCase()"/>
      </apex:pageBlockSectionItem>
Please help me to know what am I missing here,

Thank you
Hello everybody,
I am trying to display all child records related to a parent account, but I want to display it on the child visualforce page, not on the parent's.  Site Visit1 is the child and Account is the parent Object.          
Currently I am hard coding the account Id in my controller. But I would like to be able to somehow populate accountId here automatically.

When someone is on a siteVisit page, should see all the child of the same Account of which current site visit is a child of. Lets say We are looking at siteVisit A which has Account B, I wanted to show all the other children of Account B on the siteVisit A page. (I thought can be done by vf page) but cant figure out how to bind the id of account here. BTW doctor_office is the master field (Account) on the site visit object.Below is my code:
Controller extension

public class extendSiteVisit { public List<Site_Visit1__c> sites{get; set;} public extendSiteVisit(ApexPages.StandardSetController controller) { sites = [select id, Time_and_Date__c, name, AccountId__c from site_visit1__c where doctor_office__r.Id='0013600000EWmkB']; } }

Vf page

<apex:page standardController="Site_Visit1__c" extensions="extendSiteVisit" recordSetVar="sites">
<apex:pageBlock > <apex:pageBlockTable var="s" value="{!sites}"> <apex:column headerValue="Name of Visit"> <apex:outputField value="{! s.Name}"/> </apex:column> <apex:column headerValue="Date of Visit"> <apex:outputField value="{! s.Time_and_Date__c}"/> </apex:column> </apex:pageBlockTable> </apex:pageBlock> </apex:page> 
Hi folks
I would like to clarify a confusion. I am trying to create a vf page with extension controller for a detail object B and later I want to embed this page on the page layout of object B. This object B is in master-detail relation with another object A. So for each record A, there are multiple B records.
 In the extension contrller, I will have a SOQl query to fetch some records of B which are all details of the record A which is in the current page.
   My question is how can I pass the Id of the current parent record to the extension so that I can use that in my query to fetch all the records of that master record A? So lets say if A has details n1,n2,n3, n4,etc and currently we are on n1 page I want to fetch all other detaills n2, n3, n4 and display themm on n1 page.
Hope that was clear.Please let me know if my question is not claer.
Thank you
Hi 
I am not sure if anyone has faced this issue but I have written a visualforce page with standard controller and embedded on the standard page in a separate section on page layout. It looks fine but doent display the complete page , means the vf page is not displaying last few lines or chopping them off?
Is it a restriction or is there a work around it?

Thank you
Hi all
I have overidden a the view of a custom object using a vf page  which has  an apex;chatter component. I have two differnt profiles and both have access to this object and vf page. But for one of the profile, I dont want them to see the chatter feed, but all other tabs and components can be seen. I dont want to deactivate chatter either for that profile because they still need chatter for other objects.
How can this be done?  I thought of using two differnt exactly same vf page and removing chatter from one of them and then crreate a separate vf page just to navigate to that vf page based on the profile condition, but i dont know how to implement it.
Any help would be highly appreciated.
Thank you
Hi  all,
I am having an issue with calling a component from another. There are other parts to my component but I am posting a part of my code.
The first component is calling the second component on a button click which calls the function callSaveComp: I am trying to pass the record id of the current record since the first component is on the Account page. So using "v.recordId" in the controller. I can see that v.recordId has the value of the account record but it doesn't get passed to the next component on button click.
<aura:component controller="PartnerAffiliates" implements="flexipage:availableForRecordHome,force:hasRecordId,force:lightningQuickAction,force:appHostable" access="global" >

other code.....

evt.setParams({
            }

});

evt.fire();
}

Second component:
<aura:component access="global" controller="PartnerAffiliates" implements="force:appHostable">
    Other stuff....

Thank you
Hi  all,

other code.....

evt.setParams({
            }

});

evt.fire();
}

Second component:
    Other stuff....

Thank you
User-added image
Just want to know if this is possible to override the functionality of related list "View all" in lightning?
Hi Forum,
  Is there a way to make a custom component for the Home page just like Create New on the left side. I want to have a component which can have drop down of different options(links to dashboards in my case), something very similar to Create New. I tried using javascript, vf area, etc but all of them need a region inside which there can be dropdown but I want it like a tab.
  Any ideas on how this can be achieved?

Thank you

Hi,
   I want to perform a simple calculation on my Vf page. I have an integer  countCompleted and a decimal auditsToBeMade variable on the controller side.
public Integer getcountCompleted(){
        Integer countCompleted = [select COUNT() from Financial_Audit_Plan__c where YTD_Completed_Audits__c = 1 AND ((DM1__c = :userInfo.getUserID())
                                       OR (DM2__c = :userInfo.getUserID()) OR (DM3__c = :userInfo.getUserID()) OR (DM4__c = :userInfo.getUserID())) AND Calendar_year(Planification_Date__c) = :System.today().year()];
        System.debug('Total is '+countCompleted);
        return countCompleted;
    }
public Decimal getauditsToBeMade(){
        if(financial1!=null && total_size!=0)                                                                                
        auditsToBeMade = financial1[0].Total_Planned_Audits__c;
        return auditsToBeMade;
    }
I just want to dispaly something like this. ({!countCompleted}/{!auditsToBeMade})*100%  on the page.  I tried by creating a new variable on the controller and performing calculation there and then displaying that variable on the page.: 
public Decimal getpercentAudit(){
        if(auditsToBeMade!=0){
            Decimal percentAudit = (getcountCompleted()/getauditsToBeMade())*100;
            System.debug('Percent is '+percentAudit);
            return percentAudit.setScale(2, RoundingMode.HALF_UP);
        }else{
            return null;
        }

}
But I get an exception whenever getauditsToBeMade() method doent return any value, how can i prevent this error? Please advice.
Thank you
Hi,  I have written a vf page and a custom controller to use the page on my home page as a  home page component. So I am not really passing any ID to the vf page. It just uses a table to display some values on the home page as the current user. How do I write a test class for this? Please advice me.
public with sharing class FinancialCashAudit {
    public List<Cash_Audit__c> cashAudit{get; set;}
    public List<Cash_Audit__c> cashAuditlist;
    public Integer counter = 0;
    public Integer list_size = 5;
    public Integer total_size;
    private List<Id> ophier;
    public FinancialCashAudit(){
        ophier = new List<Id>();
        for(User_Access__c use : [select id, Operational_Hierarchy__c from User_Access__c where User__c = :UserInfo.getUserId() and active__c = true]){
            ophier.add(use.Operational_Hierarchy__c);
        }
        cashAudit = [select name, Operational_Hierarchy__c, Operational_Hierarchy__r.Name,
                    where Operational_Hierarchy__c IN :ophier ];
        total_size  = cashAudit.size();

}
    public List<Cash_Audit__c> getcashAuditlist(){
        cashAuditlist = [select name, Operational_Hierarchy__c, Operational_Hierarchy__r.Name,
                    where Operational_Hierarchy__c IN :ophier ORDER BY Submitted_Date__c DESC  LIMIT: list_size OFFSET : counter];
        return cashAuditlist;
    }
    public PageReference Beginning(){
        counter = 0;
        getcashAuditlist();
        return null;
    }
    public PageReference Previous(){
        counter -= list_size;
        getcashAuditlist();
        return null;
    }
    public PageReference Next(){
        counter += list_size;
        getcashAuditlist();
        return null;
    }
    public pageReference End(){
        counter = total_size - math.mod(total_size, list_size);
        getcashAuditlist();
        return null;
    }
     public Boolean getDisablePrevious(){
        if(counter==0) return true;
        else return false;
    }
    public Boolean getDisableNext(){
        if((counter + list_size) > total_size) return true;
        else return false;
    }
    public Integer getPageNumber(){
        if(math.mod(counter, list_size)>0){
            return counter/list_size + 1;
        }else{
            return counter/list_size ;
        }
    }
    public Integer getTotalPages(){

return (total_size/list_size);

}

}
This controller displays all the cash audits with operational hierarchy. the way it is shared is there is a object called User Access which has fields User and  operational_hierarchy. Please give me some idea on how to start on this.
Thank you

Hi,
 I have a situation here. I have an object A with differnt fields like user(lookup to  user), location__c(lookup to another object B) and date__c. It also has a field called , lets say value__c field which has to be automatically populated. all the other fields wil be loaded.
  I have another object Audit which is a series of some questions which needs to completed by  user and its value is stored in a field called 'submitted_by__c'., date__c  and a field called location__c(which is a lookup to the object B as above). Now what i want to is whenver any user creates a record in audit object by populating  submitted_by__c and location__c fields , it automatically should add 1 (always keeps adding) to the value__c of object A records but only to those records which are matched up by the fields user__c, date__c and location__c on the object A.
      I was thinking of a trigger. But I am not sure. Please given me any ideas.

Thank you
Hi, I folllowed the trailhead (Build a restaurant locator Lightning Component )  Leveraging the Contact Record Data and it also marks as completed. but when i try to see the output, I get the following error,
Unfortunately, there was a problem. Please try again. If the problem continues, get in touch with your administrator with the error ID shown here and any other related details. Something has gone wrong. Error in $A.getCallback() [SyntaxError: Unexpected end of JSON input] Failing descriptor: {markup://c:InTheArea}. Please try again.

Can anyone help me to undersatnd why am I getting this error.
Thank you
Hi
I have a trigger and its test class which runs perfectly fine in the sandbox and it also shows 76 % coverage. I also had some debug statements in both the test class and trigger and I was able to view the expected result. But when I deploy it to production, choosing run specific test classses only, it doesnt get deployed and the error is code coverage is 0. I opened the debug logs and it seems like the trigger is not getting called when test datat is inserted because I only see the debug ststaments from the test class but not from the trigger.
   Please help me to find out ehat might be the reason that it is not getting called.... It is very urgent.
 Thank you
Hi,
I want to create multiple child records while creating a parent record using an afetr insert , after update trigger but I have few questions. So lets say parent object is A and B is child object. There are like 36*3 fields on A. out of them 36 fields are Yes/No picklist fields and 36 fields are multiselect picklists. What I want to do is when user selects No in any or all of the fields, it should create those many numberr of child records B. Also when user selects No as value then they need to select some values from multiselect picklists too, Based on that the child object B has fields which should be populated with values in the parent object.
     Please provide me with some ideas on how I can proceed?

Thank you

Hi
I am trying to write a test class for a trigger. The trigger is on attachement object , basically the trigger has a buch of .addError statements based on some fields of parent object of attachement which is to prevent user from updating, deleting or inserting attachements to that object based on a piclist field of that object. But i am strugling here with the test class, Only 65% coverage so far.
    How should I create test data for attachment for testing purpose and I need to test for all the differnt scenarios, insert, update and delete.
Please help mw eith some examples, I can post my trigger if required.
Thank you
I created a process builder flow for an email alert and added it to our package. When I tried to deploy the change to another developer org (using ant), I'm encountering the below error.

[sf:deploy] -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[sf:deploy] Component Failures:
[sf:deploy] 1.  flows/Complaint_Email_Notification-8.flow -- Error: myRule_1_A1 (Action Call) - We can't find an action with the name and action type that you specified.
[sf:deploy] -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I came across this know issue that seems like the same issue I'm facing, but says it's fixed.
https://success.salesforce.com/issues_view?id=a1p300000008Y2MAAU

Seems like the myRule_1_A1 is the API name given to the flow components in the background.

Has anyone run into this issue?