• Suyati Technologies

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi Team,

I'm new to salesforce. How can I get the encrypted field values from the account object to contact object. 
Please help me.
I would like to create a formula on the User object in the email field to auto fill using my custome formula. Is this possible?
I have a field in my Contact record Labeled

NATIONAL Email = We generate an email for each new Contact that is becomming a volunteer

We use this email format

Firstname.CanineName.First 6 letters of last name@NATIONALCrisisResponseCanines.org

Is there a code I can use to Autogenerate these email address in the Custom field?

Please help

I am a little bit confused about these questions

1. Which requirement needs to be implemented by using standard workflow instead of Process Builder? Choose 2 answers
According this article https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=process_which_tool.htm&language=en_US&type=0
A. Create activities at multiple intervals (Workflow can't create activities, only tasks)
B. Submit a contract for approval (Workflow can't create submit for approval. Only Visual Workflow) 
C. Send an outbound message without Apex code + (Only this answer is correct as for me)
D. Copy an account address to its contacts  (Update fields: The record or its parent. In our situation contact is child, and we can't update contacts' fields) 

2. A developer is creating an application to track engines and their parts. An individual part can be used in different types of engines. What data model should be used to track the data and to prevent orphan records?

A. Create a junction object to relate many engines to many parts through a lookup relationship
B. Create a master-detail relationship to represent the one-to-many model of engines to parts.
C. Create a lookup relationship to represent how each part relates to the parent engine object.
D. Create a junction object to relate many engines to many parts through a master-detail relationship

A developer needs to provide a Visualforce page that lets users enter Product-specific details during a Sales cycle. How can this be accomplished? Choose 2 answers  
A. Download and Unmanaged Package from the AppExchange that provides a Custom Visualforce
B. Copy the standard page and then make a new Visualforce page for product data entry
C. Create a new Visualforce page and an Apex controller to provide Product data entry
D. Download a Managed Package from the AppExchange that provides a custom Visualforce

4. The Review__c object has a lookup relationship up to the Job_Application__c object. The Job_Application__c object has a master-detail relationship up the Position__c object. The relationship field names are based on the auto-populated defaults. What is the recommended way to display field data from the related Review__c records on a Visualforce page for a single Position__c record? 
A. Utilize the Standard Controller for position__c and a Controller Extension to query for Review__c data. 
B. Utilize the Standard Controller for Position__c and cross-object Formula fields on the job_Application__c object to display Review__c data.
C. Utilize the Standard Controller for Position__c and cross-object Formula fields on the Review__c object to display Review__c data.
D. Utilize the Standard Controller for position__c and expression syntax in the page to display related Review__c data through the job_Application__c object

5. A candidate may apply to multiple jobs at the company Universal Containers by submtting a single application per job posting. Once an application is submitted for a job posting, that application cannot be modified to be resubmitted to a different job posting. What can the administrator do to associate an application with each job posting in the schema for the organization? 
A. Create a lookup relationship in the Applications custom object to the Job Postings custom object
B. Create a master-detail relationship in the Application custom object to the Job Postings custom object.
C. Create a lookup relationship on both objects to a junction object called Job Posting Applications.
D. Create a master-detail relationship in the Job Postings custom object to the Applications custom object.

6. An sObject named Application__c has a lookup relationship to another sObject named Position__c. Both Application__c and Position__c have a picklist field named Status__c. When the Status__c field on Position__c is updated, the Status__c field on Application__c needs to be populated automatically with the same value, and execute a workflow rule on Application__c. How can a developer accomplish this?
A. By changing Application__c.Status__c into a roll-up summary field
B. By using an Apex trigger with a DML operation
C. By changing Application__c.Status__c into a formula field
D. By Configuring a cross-object field update with a workflow

7. On a visualforce page with a custom controller, how should a developer retrieve a record by using and ID that is passed on the URL?
 A. Create a new PageReference object with the id
B. Use the <apex:detail> tag in the Visualforce page
C. Use the $Action.View method in the Visualforce page
D. Use the contructor method for the controller.

The Sales Management team hires a new intern. The intern is not allowed to view Opportunities, but needs to see the Most Recent Closed Date of all child Opportunities when viewing an Account record. What would a developer do to meet this requirement? 
A. Create a Workflow Rule on the Opportunity object that updates a field on the parent Account.
B. Create a formula field on the Account object that performs a MAX on the Opportunity Close Date field.
C. Create a trigger on the Account object that queries the Close Date of the most recent Opportunities.
D. Create a roll-up summary field on the Account object that performs a MAX on the Opportunity Close Date field.

I want to know not only answers but clearly explaination, why this answer is correct. Please, help. Thanks in advance.

Hi guys,
           In my lightning controller I have a jquery code like this.
var Obj = JSON.parse(response.getReturnValue());
    $("#type").html("Type :");
    $("#demo").html(Obj.Type);
For this I'm receiving in 2lines.But I need my output to be displayed in a single line, like
 Type : Something
For this in Jquery there are methods like append, after, prepend. But when I tried to use them I'm not able to get the desired output. Does anyone know about this?

Thanks
Aruna

Hey All, 

I am getting this error when trying to build an inline editable opportunity view.

"The inline edit-enabled dependent picklist 'Deal Desk Sub-Stage' requires its controlling field 'Stage' to be present on the page."

Here is my code, 

<apex:page standardController="Opportunity" recordSetVar="Ops">
    <apex:form >
        <apex:pageBlock title="My List of Opportunities">
            <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!ops}" var="o">
                <apex:column value="{!o.Name}"/>
                <apex:column value="{!o.Account.Name}"/>
                <apex:column value="{!o.Amount}"/>
                <apex:column value="{!o.StageName}"/>
                <apex:column value="{!o.CloseDate}"/>
                <apex:column value="{!o.Go_Live_Date__c}"/>
                <apex:column value="{!o.StageName}"/>
                <apex:column value="{!o.Deal_Desk_Sub_Stage__c}"/>

</apex:pageBlockTable>
            <apex:inlineEditSupport />
        </apex:pageBlock>
    </apex:form>
</apex:page>

The StageName is the controlling field.  But it still gives this error.  Can I get some help? 

Hi,

where can i enable territory dimensions in salesforce
Hello All,

I have 2 date fields and a number field.

Date Fields: Start Date, End Date
Number Field: Subscription Term

I would like to populate the End date based on the Subscription Term. Example: Start Date = 2/13/2017, Subscription Term 13 months, End Date = 3/13/2018.

Not sure how to start writting a formula for this. 

Thanks,
Hieu
Hi, I'm pretty sure this question has been raised a couple of times ( :) ) but would appreciate if someone could give me a step by step quide on how to roll up child accounts to parent accounts.

I do have a roll up on accounts which sums up the amount of closed won opportunities (2015,2016,2017 price etc. etc. ) but how am i going to roll up the accounts to the parent account (Field "Total Net Amount") ?

P.S Apex code is chinese to me :) but willing to try if you give me guidance

User-added image

User-added image
Can you any one suggest me how to update certificate and key management?
  • February 02, 2017
if i have to insert 1 opportunity product in opportunity. what will be the validation rule for that.
Hi
I need to have a validation rule fire only when Lead object Email field is edited and not when inserted.
I did something like this on Lead object.

NOT(REGEX( Email  ,'([a-zA-Z0-9_\\-\\.]+)@((\\[a-z]{1,3}\\.[a-z]{1,3}\\.[a-z]{1,3}\\.)|(([a-zA-Z0-9\\-]+\\.)+))([a-zA-Z]{2,4}|[0-9]{1,3})'))

so this works when a new Lead is inserted or edit  and email not proeprly specified.

Now I did like this
NOT(REGEX( Email  ,'([a-zA-Z0-9_\\-\\.]+)@((\\[a-z]{1,3}\\.[a-z]{1,3}\\.[a-z]{1,3}\\.)|(([a-zA-Z0-9\\-]+\\.)+))([a-zA-Z]{2,4}|[0-9]{1,3})')) && NOT(ISNEW())

but its not working.
Need help on this.

thanks
pooja

Hi,

I have installed the packag ein dev org but it still showing this erros, What to do ?
User-added image

Hello to all the Developers out there! Our University is slowly but surely moving all our staff on to salesforce. However, utill then we are looking to get rid of the paper based system access request process.

1. Currently a new staff member will fill out a Access request paper form and checks off various directories and systems that he requires access to do his/her job.

2. That request is approved by their supervisor and then the paper form is sent to the System Administrators to provision the access.

Now the System Administrators are on salesforce but the supervisors are Not on Salesforce yet.

What I am temporarily trying to do:

•  I tried building an approval process and found out that since the Supervisors are not in Salesforce, they are unable to Approve the Request (They require API enabled User Profiles). Even though, the System Administrators can receive the request, they can't provsion the access until the Supervisor approves the request.
So I developed a System Access Request form on a Public Salesforce site page to submit systems access requests. I want to email The data from the system request form to a supervisor who is outside of salesforce. ( I feel this is way better than walking over to his desk with a sheet of paper). The System Administrators can go ahead and provision the access once they get a call or email from the supervisor approving the electronic access request form. I can mention in the body of the email to contact the system admin at the following email address.

The Visualforce page works fine. However, I need help with the Apex trigger. Maybe a trigger is not the right choice. Any help on having the details from the visualforce form sent to the Supervisor_Email__c would be helpful. 

I started on the Apex Trigger. Feel free to demolish it if neccesary. Visualforce page below.
Trigger SupervisorNotification on SCS_Systems_Access_request ( After Insert){
For( SCS_System_Access_Request SysRequest:Trigger.new){

//initialize outbound email message service
	//Outbound Email Messaging service - single email messaging	

Messaging.SingleEmailMessage = new messaging.SingleEmailMessage();

String[] = sendingTo=new String[]{'Supervisor@georgetown.edu'};
		semail.setToAddress(sendingTo);

//The Email Subject would say
		semail.setSubject('Action Required: Access Request Approval');

//Body of the email would say
	semail.setPlainTextBody('Access to the following systems is requested')

//merge fields from SCS System Access Request go here

//send email to supervisor
	Messaging.sendEmail(new Messaging.SingleEmailMessage[] {semail});

}

}

VF Page (works fine)
ex:page standardController="SCS_System_Access_Request__c"
           standardStylesheets="true"
    showHeader="false" sidebar="false" cache="false"
    >

<head>
    <title>
      GU SCS System Access Request Form
    </title>

<title>
    Confidentiality Agreement
    </title>

<apex:stylesheet value="{!$Resource.POMCSSMAIN}"/> 
  </head>
  <body>

<p><strong class="logo"><a href="http://www.georgetown.edu/">Georgetown University</a></strong></p>

<apex:form >
      <apex:pageBlock title="System Access Request Form">
          Fields indicated by red bar are required.
          <apex:pageMessages />
              <apex:pageBlockButtons >
                  <apex:commandButton value="Submit" action="{!save}"/>                  
                  <apex:commandButton value="Cancel" action="{!cancel}"/>
              </apex:pageBlockButtons>

<apex:pageBlockSection title="Personal Information" >
                  <apex:pageBlockSection columns="1">
                      <apex:pageBlockSectionItem > 
                          <apex:outputLabel >Data Security Quiz Score</apex:outputLabel>
                          <apex:inputField value="{!SCS_System_Access_Request__c.Data_Security_Quiz_score__c}" required="true" />                                     
                      </apex:pageblockSectionItem>

<apex:inputField value="{!SCS_System_Access_Request__c.NetID__c}" required="true" />
                      <apex:inputField value="{!SCS_System_Access_Request__c.Email__c}" required="true" />

<apex:inputField value="{!SCS_System_Access_Request__c.VPN_Access_Required__c}" required="true" />

<apex:inputField value="{!SCS_System_Access_Request__c.Department__c}" required="true" />

<apex:inputField value="{!SCS_System_Access_Request__c.Supervisor__c}" required="true" />

<apex:inputField value="{!SCS_System_Access_Request__c.Phone_Number__c}" required="true" />

<apex:inputField value="{!SCS_System_Access_Request__c.Systems_you_need_access_to__c}" required="true" />

<p>
                 test
                 </p>
                 <apex:inputField value="{!SCS_System_Access_Request__c.Confidentiality_Agreement__c}" required="true" />

</apex:pageBlockSection>  

</apex:pageBlockSection>  

</apex:pageBlock>     
  </apex:form>
  </body>

</apex:page>

Thank you in advance!

Sincerely,

Gavin Britto
Hi Team,

I'm new to wave analytics.
Is there any way to calculate the monthly revenue difference of last year and current year of salesforce object data.
For example, I need to calculate (June 17’ Rev$ - June 16’ Rev$) + (July 17’ Rev$ - July 17’ Rev$) + (Aug 17’ Rev$ - Aug 17’ Rev$)….track for 12 months and display the result in wave dashboard. 

Please do help...
Hi Team,

Need Help. I have a requirement in which I have to exclude the weekend days and holidays and I have to perform calculations on business day. So during weekend and holidays, my calculation should not work and should continue from next business day. eg. suppose  I  have to complete a task between given start date and end date. But there are two days in between which is weekend days. I want to find how much work is required to be completed in each day excluding those 2 days.Anyone have any idea. 
Hi Team,
Every time when I make changes to the fields that are text fields,and as I'm suscribed to a push topic it is generating event. But while I am changing picklist field of an object for eg. StageName which is a picklist field of opportunity object, then it is not generating event. Why is it not generating event, Please do help me.

Hi Team,

Please I need help. I want to remove the lightning Design System Style and I need to run my App using custom style that I have provided. I have set the standardStyleSheet as false.
<apex:page tabStyle="Score_Card__tab" controller="ScoreCardVFController" showHeader="false" sidebar="false"  standardStylesheets="false">
But still the slds style class is overriding my custom style. Is there any solution for this Issue. 

Regards
Roshni

Hi Team,

Need Help. My requirement is to create a custom field as color picker. i.e example. I have created a custom object named color Picker and created a custom field "Color" . From that field, just like lookup or calendar picker, I want to select color. Is it possible?

Hi Team,

Need help.
My requirement is to get the total sum of amount field in account object from opportunity. what i have done is i have created a rollup summary in account object with child as opportunity. So i am getting the total amount of all opportunities associated with an account. Now i have to get total amount for all account. ie sum of the roll up summary. Is that possible..
Hi,

How can we brand the salesforce1 mobile app with our companys logo,icon and all instead of salesforce1 icon logo. This is the feature that came in dreamforce 16. We have tried salesforce1 branding from setup. But it includes only brand color,page color and page logo. Can somebody post the new features that came in dreamforce 16.

Regards
Hi Team,

Please I need help. I want to remove the lightning Design System Style and I need to run my App using custom style that I have provided. I have set the standardStyleSheet as false.
<apex:page tabStyle="Score_Card__tab" controller="ScoreCardVFController" showHeader="false" sidebar="false"  standardStylesheets="false">
But still the slds style class is overriding my custom style. Is there any solution for this Issue. 

Regards
Roshni

Hi Team,

Need Help. My requirement is to create a custom field as color picker. i.e example. I have created a custom object named color Picker and created a custom field "Color" . From that field, just like lookup or calendar picker, I want to select color. Is it possible?

Hi Team,

I'm new to salesforce. How can I get the encrypted field values from the account object to contact object. 
Please help me.
I would like to create a formula on the User object in the email field to auto fill using my custome formula. Is this possible?
I have a field in my Contact record Labeled

NATIONAL Email = We generate an email for each new Contact that is becomming a volunteer

We use this email format

Firstname.CanineName.First 6 letters of last name@NATIONALCrisisResponseCanines.org

Is there a code I can use to Autogenerate these email address in the Custom field?

Please help

I would like the Accoutn field to default to a vertian value, But also to be able to be typed in if different from default value. How can I do this on a standard Lookup field

I am a little bit confused about these questions

1. Which requirement needs to be implemented by using standard workflow instead of Process Builder? Choose 2 answers
According this article https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=process_which_tool.htm&language=en_US&type=0
A. Create activities at multiple intervals (Workflow can't create activities, only tasks)
B. Submit a contract for approval (Workflow can't create submit for approval. Only Visual Workflow) 
C. Send an outbound message without Apex code + (Only this answer is correct as for me)
D. Copy an account address to its contacts  (Update fields: The record or its parent. In our situation contact is child, and we can't update contacts' fields) 

2. A developer is creating an application to track engines and their parts. An individual part can be used in different types of engines. What data model should be used to track the data and to prevent orphan records?

A. Create a junction object to relate many engines to many parts through a lookup relationship
B. Create a master-detail relationship to represent the one-to-many model of engines to parts.
C. Create a lookup relationship to represent how each part relates to the parent engine object.
D. Create a junction object to relate many engines to many parts through a master-detail relationship

A developer needs to provide a Visualforce page that lets users enter Product-specific details during a Sales cycle. How can this be accomplished? Choose 2 answers  
A. Download and Unmanaged Package from the AppExchange that provides a Custom Visualforce
B. Copy the standard page and then make a new Visualforce page for product data entry
C. Create a new Visualforce page and an Apex controller to provide Product data entry
D. Download a Managed Package from the AppExchange that provides a custom Visualforce

4. The Review__c object has a lookup relationship up to the Job_Application__c object. The Job_Application__c object has a master-detail relationship up the Position__c object. The relationship field names are based on the auto-populated defaults. What is the recommended way to display field data from the related Review__c records on a Visualforce page for a single Position__c record? 
A. Utilize the Standard Controller for position__c and a Controller Extension to query for Review__c data. 
B. Utilize the Standard Controller for Position__c and cross-object Formula fields on the job_Application__c object to display Review__c data.
C. Utilize the Standard Controller for Position__c and cross-object Formula fields on the Review__c object to display Review__c data.
D. Utilize the Standard Controller for position__c and expression syntax in the page to display related Review__c data through the job_Application__c object

5. A candidate may apply to multiple jobs at the company Universal Containers by submtting a single application per job posting. Once an application is submitted for a job posting, that application cannot be modified to be resubmitted to a different job posting. What can the administrator do to associate an application with each job posting in the schema for the organization? 
A. Create a lookup relationship in the Applications custom object to the Job Postings custom object
B. Create a master-detail relationship in the Application custom object to the Job Postings custom object.
C. Create a lookup relationship on both objects to a junction object called Job Posting Applications.
D. Create a master-detail relationship in the Job Postings custom object to the Applications custom object.

6. An sObject named Application__c has a lookup relationship to another sObject named Position__c. Both Application__c and Position__c have a picklist field named Status__c. When the Status__c field on Position__c is updated, the Status__c field on Application__c needs to be populated automatically with the same value, and execute a workflow rule on Application__c. How can a developer accomplish this?
A. By changing Application__c.Status__c into a roll-up summary field
B. By using an Apex trigger with a DML operation
C. By changing Application__c.Status__c into a formula field
D. By Configuring a cross-object field update with a workflow

7. On a visualforce page with a custom controller, how should a developer retrieve a record by using and ID that is passed on the URL?
 A. Create a new PageReference object with the id
B. Use the <apex:detail> tag in the Visualforce page
C. Use the $Action.View method in the Visualforce page
D. Use the contructor method for the controller.

The Sales Management team hires a new intern. The intern is not allowed to view Opportunities, but needs to see the Most Recent Closed Date of all child Opportunities when viewing an Account record. What would a developer do to meet this requirement? 
A. Create a Workflow Rule on the Opportunity object that updates a field on the parent Account.
B. Create a formula field on the Account object that performs a MAX on the Opportunity Close Date field.
C. Create a trigger on the Account object that queries the Close Date of the most recent Opportunities.
D. Create a roll-up summary field on the Account object that performs a MAX on the Opportunity Close Date field.

I want to know not only answers but clearly explaination, why this answer is correct. Please, help. Thanks in advance.

Hi guys,
           In my lightning controller I have a jquery code like this.
var Obj = JSON.parse(response.getReturnValue());
    $("#type").html("Type :");
    $("#demo").html(Obj.Type);
For this I'm receiving in 2lines.But I need my output to be displayed in a single line, like
 Type : Something
For this in Jquery there are methods like append, after, prepend. But when I tried to use them I'm not able to get the desired output. Does anyone know about this?

Thanks
Aruna

Hi guys,
         I have a question. Is it possible to use table structure in lightning components as in Visualforce page?
Thanks
Aruna