• Member since 2015
  • Contract Consultant

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
We have in our Opportunities (Which we call Projects) a Project Number. Previously users could enter in the number as it generated from an old system. Now we create these in Salesforce and have an Auto Number create. i.e. BC044000. We are trying to weed out the old Project Numbers that are still in circulation and update them with a new auto Project number. 

What we have at the moment is the process by where we clone the record, change the stage to Cancelled and Save. This creates an Auto Number and we can update the old project with the new number, copy the old project to the new cancelled one. Update notes on both saying what we have done and save. 

This creates a second record that serves no value in the system, we are wanting to know if we can create a button that triggers a Auto Number and populates the current project with the new number and ideally updates notes saying something along lines of 

Project number {Old Project Number} has been upgraded to {New Project Number} for Project Name: {Project Name} and Company Name: {Company Name}

We want it to do it without having to clone and copy back and forth. Can it be done? 
As I am only a contract employee and I am sick of starting new each time I move to a new org to work in, I thought it time to ask the question. How do I change my trailhead email for logging in from my work (current employer) email to my 'personal work' email.
I would like to auto-populate an opportunity picklist field from a record type field on the Account record type Site. We have two types of account options. Company and Site. From Site we have a main fruit type that is a Record Type field. Opportunties link to Site and we have on the Opportunity a Project Fruit Type as a single select picklist field. I want this field to auto update based on the Site Fruit type but I want the Sales rep to be able to change as in some cases they are bringing in new fruit types or multiple fruit types(which I have covered) 
As I am only a contract employee and I am sick of starting new each time I move to a new org to work in, I thought it time to ask the question. How do I change my trailhead email for logging in from my work (current employer) email to my 'personal work' email.