• Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi All,
I am updating permission set in patch org which are part of managed package. When I am creating a package from patch org and installing it for testing, in test org when those permission sets are not getting updated. I tried to install the patch directly to eliminate the possibility for upgrade issues still no luck.
Can we update permission set in a patch and how to do it? do we need any special setting to get those update reflected for a patch?
Thanks in advance.
I have an apex extension and VF page, as an override to the New link on a custom object, that does something I would think is pretty standard. For a new record, it checks the RecordType coming in from the URL and returns a different view depending on the record type. Conceptually, like

if (ApexPages.CurrentPage().getParameters().get('RecordType') = '012....')
   return new PageReference('SomePage');
else return new PageReference('SomeOtherPage');

Which is fine until I put the page into Salesforce1. Because in Salesforce1, ApexPages.CurrentPage().getParameters() returns a different set of values.

In normal browser UI, the map contains

{RecordType=012i0000001AXw6, ent=01Ii0000001oJDs, retURL=/a0N/o, save_new=1, sfdc.override=1}

because it's just come off the record type selection page, so it has RecordType and ent.

When the same code runs In Salesforce1, I get the record type selection page, then I'm redirected to my VF, where the map looks a bit different:

{isdtp=p1, nonce=52409e8a3dd9f5289e71c077c88c92422940a5c34ea2585243ef3ea6119d5236, save_new=1, sfdc.override=1, sfdcIFrameOrigin=https://cs15.salesforce.com}

How can I read the URL parameters like RecordType? where are they?

Thank you in advance.
Hi all,
I am sending a single email from Apex code. Although I do not have any erros, the email doesn't get sent. As you can see from the code snippet, it is pretty uncomplicated. Wanted to do a test send before I get to the complicated stuff. There are not error messages but the email doesn't get sent. Any ideas???

Messaging.Singleemailmessage mail = new Messaging.Singleemailmessage();
mail.setToAddresses(new String[] {'terence1122@gmail.com'});
mail.setReplyTo('noreply@privatebudget.com');
mail.setSenderDisplayName('Private Budget App');
mail.setSubject('Private Budget records for ' + Date.today().month() + ' ' + Date.today().year());
mail.setBccSender(false);
mail.setUseSignature(false);
mail.setPlainTextBody('This is a test');
system.debug('@@@@ sendEmail - mail : ' + mail);
Messaging.sendEmail(new Messaging.SingleEmailMessage[] { mail });

The sytem debug produces the following
@@@@ sendEmail - mail : Messaging.SingleEmailMessage[getBccAddresses=null;getCcAddresses=null;getCharset=null;getDocumentAttachments=null;getFileAttachments=null;getHtmlBody=null;getInReplyTo=null;getOrgWideEmailAddressId=null;getPlainTextBody=This is a test;getReferences=null;getTargetObjectId=null;getTemplateId=null;getToAddresses=(terence1122@gmail.com);getWhatId=null;isUserMail=false;]

I am working on the dev org and executing the class which sends the mail from execute anonymous. 
Thanks
Hi All,
I am updating permission set in patch org which are part of managed package. When I am creating a package from patch org and installing it for testing, in test org when those permission sets are not getting updated. I tried to install the patch directly to eliminate the possibility for upgrade issues still no luck.
Can we update permission set in a patch and how to do it? do we need any special setting to get those update reflected for a patch?
Thanks in advance.