• Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am preparing for APP builder exam .
Could somone please provide the answers with explanations as I am very confused because in different blogs/sites people have given different answers for same question . I have gone through salesforce help but still not very confident .

1.    When considering Field Type Conversion, which of the following are true? (Choose 2)

a) Data can be lost when converting from simple picklist to multi picklist
b) Data can be lost when converting from autonumber to text
c) Data can be lost when converting from number to currency (assuming that field lengths are identical)
d) Information ca be lost when converting from text area(rich) to text area(long)
My Answer : d
what should be other option and why ??   
https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=notes_on_changing_custom_field_types.htm&language=en

2.     You want to use an External Data Object Table from Heroku carrying Product Category information. The data need to be included in Salesforce and searchable. What do you have to do before you can use the connection (choose two):

a) press “validate and sync”
b) choose “include in Salesforce searches” option
c) choose “include as index field”
d) URL / choose the URL 
My Answer : a,d

3.     Universal Container installs an unmanaged package. Which of the following are true?(One or more option are true)

a) Components of unmanaged packages can be edited
b) Unmanaged packages can be upgraded
c) Unmanaged packages have a namespace prefix
d) Unmanaged packages don’t have a version number
e) Tests are executed during deployment
My Answer : a,e

4.     Universal Containers wants to rollout new product bundles with several pricing options. Pricing options include product-price bundles, account specific pricing and more. Which product satisfies these needs?

a) Custom AppExchange App for product pricing
b) Workflow on Opportunity/Opportunity Product
c) Formula fields on Opportunity/Opportunity product
d) Lightning Process Builder
My Answer : a

5.    Creating new opportunity stage what will be influenced? (3)

A. Forecast 
B. Type
C. Probability 
D. Amount
E. Close date

6.    Which of the following is not supported by Enhanced Page Layout editor. Select the one correct answer.

A.    Change the field name
B.    Add blank spaces
C.    Make a field required or read-only
D.    Add a new section
E.    Add a new custom field
My Answer : e

7.    A manager wants to share specific fields of data with his subordinates that only he has access to. What is the best way to share specific fields of data? Please select two choices.

A.Select the view dashboard as with his own name
B.Folder permission on a report
C.Run report as scheduled reports and e-mail distribution
D.Folder permission on a dashboard
My Answer : a,b

8.    Company A wants to implement business processes around Opportunities. What tools should be used? (Choose 3)

A.Opportunity Teams
B.Page Layouts
C.Record Types
D.Business Processes
E.Workflows

9.    Which component in a dashboard gives you a grand total? (Select any two)

A.Table
B.Gauge
C.Chart
D.Metric
My Answer : b,d 

10.    How an App Developer would accomplish showing an image through a formula field depending on the value of a picklist field on the same object. Example given, image of a red flag for picklist value A, yellow flag for value B, Red flag for value C. (One or more option can be correct )

A.IMAGE( IF( ISPICKVAL(field, “A”),“/servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=01570000000Q6El”, IF( ISPICKVAL(field, “B”), “/servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=01570000000Q6Ef”, IF( ISPICKVAL(field, “C”), “/servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=01570000000Q6Ep”, ”/s.gif”))), “title”);
B.IF( ISPICKVAL(field, “A”), “/servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=01570000000Q6El”, IF( ISPICKVAL(field, “B”), “/servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=01570000000Q6Ef”, IF( ISPICKVAL(field, “C”), “/servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=01570000000Q6Ep”, ”/s.gif”)));
C.IMAGE( IF( field = “A”, “/servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=01570000000Q6El”, IF(field = “B”, “/servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=01570000000Q6Ef”, IF( field = “C”, “/servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=01570000000Q6Ep”, ”/s.gif”))), “title”);
D.IF( field = “A”, “/servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=01570000000Q6El”, IF( field =“B”, “/servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=01570000000Q6Ef”, IF( field = “C”, “/servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=01570000000Q6Ep”, ”/s.gif”)));

11.    Using an approval process an organization has configured the application to have the first step of the process require approvals from three different hiring managers. Select the two possible approval choices based on multiple approvers for an approval step.

A.Approve or reject based on the first response
B.Require majority approval from all selected approvers
C.Require x out of y approval from all selected approvers
D.Require unanimous approval from all selected approvers
My Answer : a,d

12.    A company wishes to deploy a custom build application on Force.com platform, what license would the users need access the application? (Choose any that apply)

A.Chatter
B.Salesforce platform
C.Salesforce
D.Force.com free edition
My Answer : b,c
d also ???

13.    Can be data loss when converting from Text to Auto-Number?
A.True
B.False

My Answer : b although its not mentioned about the no. of characeters 

14.    What are the features of a custom report type? Please select two items.

A.Define object relationships and fields for reports
B.Define anti-join relationships
C.Create analytic snapshot reports
D.Define up to four object relationships

New to this and keep getting error when trying to creat a validation rule that will make a look-up field required if any of 5 values are selected in a picklist.
public class ContactAndLeadSearch {
public static List<List<SObject>> searchContactsAndLeads(string FN)
{
    List<List<sObject>> searchList = [FIND 'FN' IN all fields 
RETURNING Contact(FirstName,LastName) ,Lead(FirstName,Lastname)];
//Contact[] searchContacts = (Contact[])searchList[0];
//Lead[] searchLeads = (Lead[])searchList[1];
return searchList;

}
}

Please someone correct this code ,, this one was nt fulfilling the challenge req.