• 0 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am at a lost for some reason this code will not work and I don't understand why. I am trying to make a table on a visual force page.

Here is the class
public with sharing class stationController 
{
    public List<Account> accounts {get;set;}
    public stationController()
    {
        accounts = [SELECT Id, Name, Customer_Num__c, Location_Number__c, Type  FROM account LIMIT 10];
    }
}

and here is the page
<apex:page controller="stationController">
  <apex:pageBlock title="Stations">
      <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!accounts}>" var="account">
          <apex:column value="{!accounts.name}"/>
      </apex:pageBlockTable>
   </apex:pageBlock>
</apex:page>

The class shows no problem but when I try to get the account name on the visual force page I get the string.name error but if I only call for the account I get teh account ID number just fine.

I have used the exact same code to get contact information and this error never appeared.

I created a VF page that overided the "New" button on the standard account page, so that people had to go to the VF page first. From the VF page I am trying to connect them to creating a New Account page where they fill out there infromation but I just get stuck in a loop where I keep going back to the VF page. Please help
I am at a lost for some reason this code will not work and I don't understand why. I am trying to make a table on a visual force page.

Here is the class
public with sharing class stationController 
{
    public List<Account> accounts {get;set;}
    public stationController()
    {
        accounts = [SELECT Id, Name, Customer_Num__c, Location_Number__c, Type  FROM account LIMIT 10];
    }
}

and here is the page
<apex:page controller="stationController">
  <apex:pageBlock title="Stations">
      <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!accounts}>" var="account">
          <apex:column value="{!accounts.name}"/>
      </apex:pageBlockTable>
   </apex:pageBlock>
</apex:page>

The class shows no problem but when I try to get the account name on the visual force page I get the string.name error but if I only call for the account I get teh account ID number just fine.

I have used the exact same code to get contact information and this error never appeared.

Hi,

I have created a custom object and created a Approval process for records that enter a certain criteria in that object. I have assigned a custom Visual Force Email Template to the Approval process. And based on the approval or rejection a field is updated approriately. While testing I was not able to approve the record, the steps that I followed are

• Create a new record based on the critera
  • Click on the Submit for Approval button
  • I received email in the customer email template that I assigned in the user email address who will approve the record
  • I replied to the email with "Approve" in the first line (the reply went to something@something.wrkfl.salesforce.com)
  • There are no errors received but still record is still not approved.
Could someone point out what is happening here and what needs to been done to get this going.
Thanks
KD