• Mark Ravitz
  • 15 Points
  • Member since 2015
  • Database Administrator/Developer
  • Inner Fire Productions, Santa Barbara, Ca.

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
In order to check my challenges myself before submitting them, I need to know if security issues are causing problems. So I need to know what username and/or profiles are used when Trailhead logs into my org to check my work.  Right?  Or does Trailhead use Admin permissions?

Thanks,
Mark
I've nearly finished the Basic Admin trail and am getting a bright red error message which suggests that I replace my DE org with a fresh clean copy. This makes sense as I've played around alot with the one I have and made a lot of changes.  Can anyone tell me how best to install a clean version?

Thanks,
Mark
Is this happening to you? You're 100% sure you've done a Trailhead challenge right, but it just won't validate?

So here's the deal. We're doing a real-time API call to check your work, and sometimes, there might be existing configuration or code in your Developer Edition that interferes with our check, causing it to fail.

The best thing to do if you're 100% sure you're right is create a new Developer Edition and do the challenge again.

But wait, what about my badges?

No worries! Logging into Trailhead is a two-step process. Check out this image.

The login button is in the upper right, and the second login is on the unit page right before you do the challenge

In step (1), you tell Trailhead who you are. This is where your badges are stored. You can use your production username or any Developer Edition username for this step.

In step (2), you tell Trailhead where you're doing the challenge. This must be a Developer Edition.

Okay, I got the new DE. Now what?

So, just stay logged in at (1), and make a new Developer Edition to log in at (2). Do the challenge in the new Developer Edition and check it.

If it passes, it was probably something funky in your old DE. If it fails, time to revisit your challenge! Read the instructions again and make sure you didn't miss any steps.

But why would this happen?

It could be your DE is older, or it could be you've done some additional config or customization that is interfering with our check. 

Good luck!