• 0 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am building a Case Management process, for a NonProfit on npsp (console is not useful here). 

I would like to use Case: Subject as a unique identifier so I can see the subject when using related lookups, updating the chatter feed etc and in the Recent Items list.  Or even combine the Case Number and the first few words of subject or merging of Picklists (Type, Object). So I can search for these instead of numbers (00012).  

This should be simple but I can not find a solution, just similar questions from 2008 onwards.  

As you can see below, when managing Cases, it's impossible to tell the difference between each case unless you have a eidetic memory.

I'd like to replace the Yellow items with the Subject header (limited to a small amount of letters).

I have a client that wishes the capability to search by Case subject as opposed to Case number when relating a case to an event as the case number is not known to them but the subject is.  As far as I can see.. this lookup only allows search by case number and is not customizable.. is there any way around this?

Thank you.

• April 14, 2010

I have a client that wishes the capability to search by Case subject as opposed to Case number when relating a case to an event as the case number is not known to them but the subject is.  As far as I can see.. this lookup only allows search by case number and is not customizable.. is there any way around this?

Thank you.

• April 14, 2010