• Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello

I'm not a developer. I need to populate the contact information in to a custom object I have created. I have this object as a related list in the contact page. The WF rule I have shoes the populated fields only after I save the record. To avoid any confusion for the end users, I want the contact details to show as they are in the edit mode in custom object.

How do I go about using this code to create a button in an object?

Regards
Hamsa

Hello!

I've searched around and cannot find where I'm going wrong with this. I've created a custom list new button for a custom object Associations. This button is attached to the Associations related list on the Contact record page. 

I need to populate the new Associations record with field values from the Contact record, I'm running into difficulty passing the contacts "Account Name" value into the new field. I get the error message "Field Contact.Account.Name does not exist".

This is the URL i'm attempting to pass, the other fields populate fine, just the account name seems to allude me:

/a0A/e?CF00N200000064Q30={!Contact.Name}
&CF00N200000064Q30_lkid={!Contact.Id}
&CF00N20000006TR7J={!Contact.Account.Name}
&CF00N20000006TR7J_lkid={!Contact.Account.Id}
&00N20000006cmWu={!Contact.Title}
&retURL=/{!Contact.Id}

I've tried passing it numerous ways attaching __r etc. Either I'm missing something blindingly obvious or this isn't possible?

Help is very much appreciated!