• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi All,

We are facing one wierd issue.
When the master record is locked by an approval process, it's detail records are also getting locked.
Below is the screenshot of button area of child record. As you can see lock icon appeared just before edit button.  
Child record don't even have any active approval process.
Lock

When the user tries to edit it, he is getting the below error.
"The record you are trying to edit has been locked. Please contact your administrator if access is necessary. "

Here comes the wierd part, 
Two objects are using the same object as master, but only records of one object are getting locked when master record is locke
d.

I found the below link. But even as per it, when master record is locked, child records of all the objects which are having the same master should be locked ? Isn't it ?
https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewSolution?id=000005483&language=en_US

May be I am missing something. Any idea what the issue is ?
  • January 06, 2016
When we inserted records using dataloader, one record got validation error and failed. The rest of them are inserted succesfully.
But, the changes done by trigger for the entire batch ( including succesfully inserted records) are rolled back. 
I guess it is how it works. Using batch size as 1 might prevent this issue but will have performance issues.
Could someone please answer my below queries.
I read some where Dataloader uses DATABASE.UPDATE which allows partial success in DML operation. Is there any setting/ workaround to avoid partial update through dataloader ?
Or is there any better alternative or best practices to avoid these kind of issues ?
  • January 04, 2016
When we inserted records using dataloader, one record got validation error and failed. The rest of them are inserted succesfully.
But, the changes done by trigger for the entire batch ( including succesfully inserted records) are rolled back. 
I guess it is how it works. Using batch size as 1 might prevent this issue but will have performance issues.
Could someone please answer my below queries.
I read some where Dataloader uses DATABASE.UPDATE which allows partial success in DML operation. Is there any setting/ workaround to avoid partial update through dataloader ?
Or is there any better alternative or best practices to avoid these kind of issues ?
  • January 04, 2016
Hello everyone, 

lets see if someone can give me a hint about how this happened.

I have a record that is locked, but going to the related list of approval processes, it is empty.
Moreover, I don't have the button to unlock the record, and yes, I'm system admin.

Kind regards
  • February 04, 2015