• United Way Worldwide

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello, 

We are using Drupal for a case submission form and after a recent update when the case is created it assigns the case to the defaul case owner instead triggering the Case Assignment Rule.  The rules have been recently updated as well, but they are simplistic and and therefore shouldn't be bypassed.    

Is there anything within Drupal where I can check to see what needs to be reviewed to ensure my rules are being triggered and not going to the default case owner?

Thanks,
Diavonna 
Hello,

We are using Drupal for an annual survey with part of our network.  A large portion of the survey will require respondents to upload files that we want to map to either Files or Notes & Attachments within a custom object in Salesforce.  Unfortunately, I am having difficulty finding concrete documentation and it would be great if anyone here has any experience or knowledge of how to accomplish this type of integration.  We have an upcoming go-live date, so any and all responses would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Diavonna 
Hello,

We have a Drupal site that is integrated with Salesforce and are currently experiencing a JSON error.  When my users make an update on the Drupal site, they are receiving the following error:

Error message: "Cannot deserialize instance of boolean from VALUE_STRING value 1 or request may be missing a required field at [line:1, column:34]"

After speaking to my Drupal developer, there are only two checkboxes on the site and neither of those fields has been changed or updated on either the site or in Salesforce.  I'm somewhat at a loss as to how to help fix this problem and I'm hoping anyone here can help.

Thanks!
Hello,
I'm hoping someone can help me here because I am seriously struggling.  I have an email template I'd like to modify using a conditional formula. I'd like to display multiple merge fields based upon the Case Origin field.  So:

If Case Origin = web, then display the web fields; else, if Case Origin = phone or email, display the standard Case contact fields

Is this a possibility?  If I have to create a Visualforce email template, that's something I can work with -- however, if I can avoid that and use what I have already, that would be preferred.

Thank you in advance!

Diavonna
Hello,

I'm hoping someone can provide me a little insight with a situation/problem I'm having with an integration.  I am working with an vendor for an application and their script is failing miserably; they are also not familiar with Salesforce.  I don't know what they are coding in as they are not telling me, but if I can find out I'll update.  

We have two Salesforce custom objects: Grant and Checklist.  There is a lookup field on the Checklist object called Grant ID which has a filter that retrieves the corresponding Grant number if this field were to be populated manually.  The vendor's script was failing (Field Filter Validation Exception) due to the filter.  However, once I removed it, their script caused mayhem in the form of 2000+ duplicated records.

Idealistically what should be happening is the following:
  1. Checklist is created in the external program and the record is created in Salesforce
  2. Grant ID is located via filtered lookup field and Grant ID field is populated by external program's on the Checklist record
What I would like to know is, if this is something that's even possible to do?  My internal customer wants to "complete the circuit" between the Account, Grant and Checklist objects, and while it's obvious it can be done in Salesforce, can it be done via an external scripting?  

Any assistance or insight is greatly appreciated.

Diavonna 
Hello,

I am working on a project where I have created a page layout for my executives with a custom button taking them to a "full view" VF page that mimics the full standard detail page.  What I'd like to do is create a second custom button that sits on the VF page that will take them back to the "executive" page layout without them having to click a back button or anything like that.  I have a feeling this is possible, but I'm struggling figuring out how to do it.

Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

Diavonna 
Hello,

I've been tasked with creating an executive page layout where the basic information is displayed within a standard page layout and if they'd like to see more details they can click a link and see that. That translates into a Visualforce page.  I've gotten as far as creating the page, but where I'm stumped is displaying the multiple custom object related lists.  When I added them at first, I started to get the " '<object> is not a valid child relationship name for entity Account' " error.  After looking at this, I realised that several of the custom objects are related to the Account by way of other standard objects. An example of this is my Account Connections object. It has a Master-Detail relationship to the Contact object and can be viewed on the standard Account detail page.  How would I go about adding this custom object's related list into my VF code?  This is what I have thus far:

<apex:page standardController="account">
    <apex:sectionHeader title="Account" subtitle="{!account.FirstName}"/>
    <apex:pageBlock title="Account">

<apex:pageBlockSection title="Account Information" columns="2">
            <apex:outputField title="Primary Relationship Manager" value="{!account.Primary_Relationship_Manager__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Account Owner" value="{!account.OwnerId}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Tax Exempt" value="{!account.Tax_Exempt__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Account Record Type" value="{!account.RecordTypeId}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="EIN" value="{!account.EIN_Number__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Account Name" value="{!account.Name}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Type" value="{!account.Type}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Parent Account" value="{!account.ParentId}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Tocqueville City" value="{!account.Tocqueville_City__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Preferred Name" value="{!account.Preferred_Name__c}"/>
        </apex:pageBlockSection>

<apex:pageBlockSection title="Description Information" columns="1">
            <apex:outputField title="Description" value="{!account.Description}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Best Work Desc - 2014 CIPS" value="{!account.Best_Work_Desc_2014_CIPS__c}"/>

<apex:pageBlockSection title="Address & Contact Information" columns="2">
            <apex:outputField title="Phone" value="{!account.Phone}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Secondary Phone" value="{!account.Secondary_Phone__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Email" value="{!account.Email__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Toll Free" value="{!account.TollFree__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Secondary Email" value="{!account.Secondary_Email__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Fax" value="{!account.Fax}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Email Recipient" value="{!account.Email_Recipient__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Call Before Fax" value="{!account.Call_Before_Fax__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Website" value="{!account.Website}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Pledge URL" value="{!account.Pledge_URL__c}"/>

<apex:pageBlockSection title="Additional Address Information" columns="2">
            <apex:outputField title="Other Street" value="{!account.Other_Street__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Other City" value="{!account.Other_City__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Other State/Province" value="{!account.Other_State_Province__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Other Zip/Postal Code" value="{!account.Other_Zip_Postal_Code__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Other Country" value="{!account.Other_Country__c}"/>

<apex:pageBlockSection title="Membership Information" columns="2">
            <apex:outputField title="Membership Status" value="{!account.UWA_Membership_Status__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Segment" value="{!account.Segment__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="UW Org Number" value="{!account.UWOrgNumber__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="UW Metro Size" value="{!account.UW_Metro_Size__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="UW Org Number (old)" value="{!account.UW_Org_Number_old__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="UW Metro Alpha Code" value="{!account.Metro_Alpha_Code__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Opportunity 150" value="{!account.Critical_150__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Relationship Management Tier" value="{!account.Top_Strategic_Field_Relations__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Major Market" value="{!account.Major_Market__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="RD Top Market" value="{!account.RD_Top_Market__c}"/>

<apex:pageBlockSection title="Social Media" columns="2">
            <apex:outputField title="YouTube URL" value="{!account.YouTube_URL__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Twitter" value="{!account.Twitter__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Vimeo URL" value="{!account.Vimeo_URL__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Facebook Page" value="{!account.Facebook_Page__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Vine URL" value="{!account.Vine_URL__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Facebook Page Name" value="{!account.Facebook_Page_Name__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Other Video Sharing URL" value="{!account.Other_Video_Sharing_URL__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Tumblr URL" value="{!account.Tumblr_URL__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Flickr URL" value="{!account.Flickr_URL__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Pinterest URL" value="{!account.Pinterest_URL__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Picasa Albums URL" value="{!account.Picasa_Albums_URL__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="LinkedIn URL" value="{!account.LinkedIn_URL__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Instagram URL" value="{!account.Instagram_URL__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Google+ URL" value="{!account.Google_URL__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Other Photo Sharing URL" value="{!account.Other_Photo_Sharing_URL__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Blog URL" value="{!account.Blog_URL__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Social Media Council (SMC)" value="{!account.Social_Media_Council__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="SMC Start Date" value="{!account.SMC_Start_Date__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="SMC End Date" value="{!account.SMC_End_Date__c}"/>

<apex:pageBlockSection title="Campaign for the Common Good" columns="1">
            <apex:outputField title="CCG Participant" value="{!account.CCG_Participant__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="One Million Online Engagement Agreement" value="{!account.CCG_Terms_Conditions_Agreement__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Company Affinity Groups" value="{!account.program_involvement__c}"/>

<apex:pageBlockSection title="Volunteerism" columns="1">
            <apex:outputField title="Volunteer Management Platform" value="{!account.Volunteer_Matching_Application__c}"/>

<apex:pageBlockSection title="Education Involvement" columns="2">
            <apex:outputField title="Education Focus Areas" value="{!account.Education_Focus_Areas__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Other Education Focus Areas" value="{!account.Other_Education_Focus_Areas__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Mobilization Dimensions" value="{!account.Mobilization_Dimensions__c}"/>

<apex:pageBlockSection title="System Information" columns="2">
            <apex:outputField title="Account Division" value="{!account.Division}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="name ID" value="{!account.IMIS_name_ID__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="SalesforceId" value="{!account.SalesforceId__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="UWO Id" value="{!account.uwoId__c}"/>

<apex:relatedList list="Contacts"/>
            <apex:relatedList list="Account Connection"/>
            <apex:relatedList list="OpenActivities"/>
            <apex:relatedList list="ActivityHistories"/>
            <apex:relatedList list="Cases"/>
            <apex:relatedList list="CombinedAttachments"/>

</apex:pageBlock>
</apex:page>

I'm somewhat under a time crunch, so any help you the community can provide me is greatly appreciated!  Thank you so much.

Diavonna 
Hi, 
I have built a form in FormAssembly that needs to go to all contacts, it is compiled of questions that related to fields in a custom object called References which has a lookup relationship to the contact.
I have tried a link to the form via the Salesforce Mass Email and also via Campaign Monitor however although it sends and the form opens when a contact clicks submit the following error is generated. 
1. Update - Lookup returned no record and aborted connectore execution.

I have added the record Id to the link but I can not get this to work, is this possible or is there another way to send the form and have the responses feed back to SF custom record?

Thank You, 

Lorr
  • February 07, 2019
Hello,

I'm hoping someone can provide me a little insight with a situation/problem I'm having with an integration.  I am working with an vendor for an application and their script is failing miserably; they are also not familiar with Salesforce.  I don't know what they are coding in as they are not telling me, but if I can find out I'll update.  

We have two Salesforce custom objects: Grant and Checklist.  There is a lookup field on the Checklist object called Grant ID which has a filter that retrieves the corresponding Grant number if this field were to be populated manually.  The vendor's script was failing (Field Filter Validation Exception) due to the filter.  However, once I removed it, their script caused mayhem in the form of 2000+ duplicated records.

Idealistically what should be happening is the following:
  1. Checklist is created in the external program and the record is created in Salesforce
  2. Grant ID is located via filtered lookup field and Grant ID field is populated by external program's on the Checklist record
What I would like to know is, if this is something that's even possible to do?  My internal customer wants to "complete the circuit" between the Account, Grant and Checklist objects, and while it's obvious it can be done in Salesforce, can it be done via an external scripting?  

Any assistance or insight is greatly appreciated.

Diavonna 
I wanted to use Process Builder + a flow to automatically delete the chatter post generated on an account when a lead is converted. I've created both parts, but it doesn't seem to be working...

Here's the process builder:
User-added image

It triggers on the "Feed Item" object, when an object is created or edited, with no recursion.

The action group criteria is pretty basic for now, just to test it -- with the only condition being FeedItem Type = "Tracked Change"
User-added image

And the only action is to launch the flow that deletes the record...
User-added image
The flow is just one part:
User-added image
Taking the variable ID from the Process Builder and deleting it
User-added image

Any ideas why this wouldn't work?
Hello,

I've been tasked with creating an executive page layout where the basic information is displayed within a standard page layout and if they'd like to see more details they can click a link and see that. That translates into a Visualforce page.  I've gotten as far as creating the page, but where I'm stumped is displaying the multiple custom object related lists.  When I added them at first, I started to get the " '<object> is not a valid child relationship name for entity Account' " error.  After looking at this, I realised that several of the custom objects are related to the Account by way of other standard objects. An example of this is my Account Connections object. It has a Master-Detail relationship to the Contact object and can be viewed on the standard Account detail page.  How would I go about adding this custom object's related list into my VF code?  This is what I have thus far:

<apex:page standardController="account">
    <apex:sectionHeader title="Account" subtitle="{!account.FirstName}"/>
    <apex:pageBlock title="Account">

<apex:pageBlockSection title="Account Information" columns="2">
            <apex:outputField title="Primary Relationship Manager" value="{!account.Primary_Relationship_Manager__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Account Owner" value="{!account.OwnerId}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Tax Exempt" value="{!account.Tax_Exempt__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Account Record Type" value="{!account.RecordTypeId}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="EIN" value="{!account.EIN_Number__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Account Name" value="{!account.Name}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Type" value="{!account.Type}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Parent Account" value="{!account.ParentId}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Tocqueville City" value="{!account.Tocqueville_City__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Preferred Name" value="{!account.Preferred_Name__c}"/>

<apex:pageBlockSection title="Description Information" columns="1">
            <apex:outputField title="Description" value="{!account.Description}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Best Work Desc - 2014 CIPS" value="{!account.Best_Work_Desc_2014_CIPS__c}"/>

<apex:pageBlockSection title="Address & Contact Information" columns="2">
            <apex:outputField title="Phone" value="{!account.Phone}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Secondary Phone" value="{!account.Secondary_Phone__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Email" value="{!account.Email__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Toll Free" value="{!account.TollFree__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Secondary Email" value="{!account.Secondary_Email__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Fax" value="{!account.Fax}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Email Recipient" value="{!account.Email_Recipient__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Call Before Fax" value="{!account.Call_Before_Fax__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Website" value="{!account.Website}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Pledge URL" value="{!account.Pledge_URL__c}"/>

<apex:pageBlockSection title="Additional Address Information" columns="2">
            <apex:outputField title="Other Street" value="{!account.Other_Street__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Other City" value="{!account.Other_City__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Other State/Province" value="{!account.Other_State_Province__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Other Zip/Postal Code" value="{!account.Other_Zip_Postal_Code__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Other Country" value="{!account.Other_Country__c}"/>

<apex:pageBlockSection title="Membership Information" columns="2">
            <apex:outputField title="Membership Status" value="{!account.UWA_Membership_Status__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Segment" value="{!account.Segment__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="UW Org Number" value="{!account.UWOrgNumber__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="UW Metro Size" value="{!account.UW_Metro_Size__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="UW Org Number (old)" value="{!account.UW_Org_Number_old__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="UW Metro Alpha Code" value="{!account.Metro_Alpha_Code__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Opportunity 150" value="{!account.Critical_150__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Relationship Management Tier" value="{!account.Top_Strategic_Field_Relations__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Major Market" value="{!account.Major_Market__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="RD Top Market" value="{!account.RD_Top_Market__c}"/>

<apex:pageBlockSection title="Social Media" columns="2">
            <apex:outputField title="YouTube URL" value="{!account.YouTube_URL__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Twitter" value="{!account.Twitter__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Vimeo URL" value="{!account.Vimeo_URL__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Facebook Page" value="{!account.Facebook_Page__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Vine URL" value="{!account.Vine_URL__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Facebook Page Name" value="{!account.Facebook_Page_Name__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Other Video Sharing URL" value="{!account.Other_Video_Sharing_URL__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Tumblr URL" value="{!account.Tumblr_URL__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Flickr URL" value="{!account.Flickr_URL__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Pinterest URL" value="{!account.Pinterest_URL__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Picasa Albums URL" value="{!account.Picasa_Albums_URL__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="LinkedIn URL" value="{!account.LinkedIn_URL__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Instagram URL" value="{!account.Instagram_URL__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Google+ URL" value="{!account.Google_URL__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Other Photo Sharing URL" value="{!account.Other_Photo_Sharing_URL__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Blog URL" value="{!account.Blog_URL__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Social Media Council (SMC)" value="{!account.Social_Media_Council__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="SMC Start Date" value="{!account.SMC_Start_Date__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="SMC End Date" value="{!account.SMC_End_Date__c}"/>

<apex:pageBlockSection title="Campaign for the Common Good" columns="1">
            <apex:outputField title="CCG Participant" value="{!account.CCG_Participant__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="One Million Online Engagement Agreement" value="{!account.CCG_Terms_Conditions_Agreement__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Company Affinity Groups" value="{!account.program_involvement__c}"/>

<apex:pageBlockSection title="Volunteerism" columns="1">
            <apex:outputField title="Volunteer Management Platform" value="{!account.Volunteer_Matching_Application__c}"/>

<apex:pageBlockSection title="Education Involvement" columns="2">
            <apex:outputField title="Education Focus Areas" value="{!account.Education_Focus_Areas__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Other Education Focus Areas" value="{!account.Other_Education_Focus_Areas__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="Mobilization Dimensions" value="{!account.Mobilization_Dimensions__c}"/>

<apex:pageBlockSection title="System Information" columns="2">
            <apex:outputField title="Account Division" value="{!account.Division}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="name ID" value="{!account.IMIS_name_ID__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="SalesforceId" value="{!account.SalesforceId__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField title="UWO Id" value="{!account.uwoId__c}"/>

<apex:relatedList list="Contacts"/>
            <apex:relatedList list="Account Connection"/>
            <apex:relatedList list="OpenActivities"/>
            <apex:relatedList list="ActivityHistories"/>
            <apex:relatedList list="Cases"/>
            <apex:relatedList list="CombinedAttachments"/>

</apex:pageBlock>
</apex:page>

I'm somewhat under a time crunch, so any help you the community can provide me is greatly appreciated!  Thank you so much.

Diavonna