• Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,
When I create a new contact, the layout show me three differents fields: salutation (a list of value), name and lastname, but when I see the record (in edit mode, for example) the three fields appears in only one field, I need to separate these three fields when the layout is in edit mode (modifying the record)
I don't know where or how can I change this behavior.
I need help, please!
Thanks,
Hi, I have the requirement: 2 tabs from Contacts: 1 of the tab is "Interlocutor" (spanish) and the another one is "Candidatos" both of them from contacts module.
I renamed the contacts for Interlocutor tab.
And for Candidatos one I created a new Tab (from contacts and through Visualforce: with follow code: <apex:enhancedList type="Contact" />)
What I need to do now is to filter the records for all the organization for each tab, I mean, as the origyn of the entire information is contact, i need to sepparate the data for each tab. If the user clicks on "Interlocutor" the system should filter "Automatically" the data from Contact with type = "Interlocutor"; and if the user clicks on the "Candidatos" the system should do the same but for contact type = "Candidato"
I guess this sould be done through visualforce in Candidatos tab, but I dont know how can I do this.
But for the Interlocutor tab, I have no idea! 
Can somebody help me on this subject? Please!!!!
Thanks!
Karelia.-
Hi,
When I create a new contact, the layout show me three differents fields: salutation (a list of value), name and lastname, but when I see the record (in edit mode, for example) the three fields appears in only one field, I need to separate these three fields when the layout is in edit mode (modifying the record)
I don't know where or how can I change this behavior.
I need help, please!
Thanks,
Hi, I have the requirement: 2 tabs from Contacts: 1 of the tab is "Interlocutor" (spanish) and the another one is "Candidatos" both of them from contacts module.
I renamed the contacts for Interlocutor tab.
And for Candidatos one I created a new Tab (from contacts and through Visualforce: with follow code: <apex:enhancedList type="Contact" />)
What I need to do now is to filter the records for all the organization for each tab, I mean, as the origyn of the entire information is contact, i need to sepparate the data for each tab. If the user clicks on "Interlocutor" the system should filter "Automatically" the data from Contact with type = "Interlocutor"; and if the user clicks on the "Candidatos" the system should do the same but for contact type = "Candidato"
I guess this sould be done through visualforce in Candidatos tab, but I dont know how can I do this.
But for the Interlocutor tab, I have no idea! 
Can somebody help me on this subject? Please!!!!
Thanks!
Karelia.-
I've seen examples demonstrating how to invoke an Apex Web Service from inside the Ajax toolkit, but these only show simple parameter types

result = sforce.apex.execute('MyClass' ,'methodX',{role:"User", firstname "Joe", lastname "Test");

But what how do you pass complex parameters to the Web Service???

For sake of example, lets say you have the following Apex Class Definitions:

global class MyClass {
    WebService static String methodX(String role, ContactX contact) {
        return (role + ': '+ contact.firstname + ' ' + contact.lastname);   
    }
}

and

global class ContactX {
    public String firstname;
    public String lastname;
}

How would you invoke methodX, passing in an instance of the ContactX class?   I tried the following approaches - but had no luck ...

result = sforce.apex.execute('MyClass' ,'methodX',{role:"User", contact:{firstname:"Joe", lastname:"Test"} });

// null values for firstname and lastname are returned

and

var newcontact = new sforce.Xml("ContactX");
    newcontact.firstname = "Joe";
    newcontact.lastname = "Test":
    result = sforce.apex.execute('MyClass' ,'methodX',{role:"User", contact:newcontact });

//  soapenv:Client ->  There is no public member called 'firstname' in the Apex class 'ContactX'

Any suggestions?

Thanks,