• Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
So the structure I have is this:

Record of Custom Object Type A has a related list of multiple records of Custom Object Type B.

And this is what I'm looking to do:

Object Type B has a Currency field, and Object Type A has a field that is inteded to be the Sum of that Currency field for all records in the related list. Whenever any record of Object Type B is updated, I need the Sum field on Object Type A to calculate the new sum. (Essentially it is a rollup sum, but I cannot use a rollup field because these do not have a Master-Detail relationship.)

Example:

Initial State:
  • Object Type A Record SumField = 100
    • Related ObjectB Record 1 CurrencyField = 50
    • Related ObjectB Record 2 CurrencyField = 30
    • Related ObjectB Record 3 CurrencyField = 20
User Action:
  • Related ObjectB Record 2 CurrencyField is changed from 30 to 80
Desired End State:
  • Object Type A Record SumField = 150
    • Related ObjectB Record 2 CurrencyField = 80
Some of the requirements for this challenge are:
  • The 'Mobile Devices' data source must validate and sync the 'phones' table to result in an external object with the API name 'Phone__x'.
  • Note that you will need to adjust the Object Names for the two external objects from the default setting after the initial sync.
However, this isn't possible because trying to save the external object with the name required results in the following error:
  • Error: The Object Name field can only contain underscores and alphanumeric characters. It must be unique, begin with a letter, not include spaces, not end with an underscore, and not contain two consecutive underscores.
It's therfore impossible to fulfill the requirement that the name end in (underscore)(underscore)x.

Any ideas?
So the structure I have is this:

Record of Custom Object Type A has a related list of multiple records of Custom Object Type B.

And this is what I'm looking to do:

Object Type B has a Currency field, and Object Type A has a field that is inteded to be the Sum of that Currency field for all records in the related list. Whenever any record of Object Type B is updated, I need the Sum field on Object Type A to calculate the new sum. (Essentially it is a rollup sum, but I cannot use a rollup field because these do not have a Master-Detail relationship.)

Example:

Initial State:
  • Object Type A Record SumField = 100
    • Related ObjectB Record 2 CurrencyField = 30
User Action:
  • Related ObjectB Record 2 CurrencyField is changed from 30 to 80
Desired End State:
  • Object Type A Record SumField = 150
    • Related ObjectB Record 2 CurrencyField = 80
Some of the requirements for this challenge are:
  • The 'Mobile Devices' data source must validate and sync the 'phones' table to result in an external object with the API name 'Phone__x'.
  • Note that you will need to adjust the Object Names for the two external objects from the default setting after the initial sync.
However, this isn't possible because trying to save the external object with the name required results in the following error:
  • Error: The Object Name field can only contain underscores and alphanumeric characters. It must be unique, begin with a letter, not include spaces, not end with an underscore, and not contain two consecutive underscores.
It's therfore impossible to fulfill the requirement that the name end in (underscore)(underscore)x.

Any ideas?