• 0 Points
  • Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have a Workflow Rule with time-based actions, set to evaluate when the record is edited to become true.  The aim is to have it trigger when a checkbox field is checked by another WRF,  The immediate action is to untick the Checkbox.  Thereafter, the second set of criteria should control whether the actions may still run as scheduled.

With the following nested criteria, the WFR fails to trigger at all.   In theory it should work, but in practice it doesn't.  

OR( 
Membership_Renewal_Reminder_Trigger__c = True, 
AND( 
Agreement_Completion_Date__c >= Today(), 
ISPICKVAL(Status__c,"Active"), 
Includes(Relationship__c,"Member")))

Any help would be appreciated.

Rick

I have a 3,000 character formula field (Text) on Opportunity with nested IF statements to select and display an address based on information from related records.  The BR() tag is used to force new lines in the output.  It works perfectly as shown via a Report - always populated correctly.

I've incorporated the field for display in a VisualForce email template using the following syntax.

<apex:outputField value="{!relatedTo.Invoice_Address_Formula__c}"/>

On testing using "Send Test and Verify Merge Fields" the result is always blank.  I have successfully substituted the failing formula field for others.  I have also reduced the formula to just one IF statement and found the result was visible.

I can't find any reference to limitations on the size or structure of a formula field when displaying it in a Visualforce email.  

Can anyone shed light on why this failure has occurred?

I have a Workflow Rule with time-based actions, set to evaluate when the record is edited to become true.  The aim is to have it trigger when a checkbox field is checked by another WRF,  The immediate action is to untick the Checkbox.  Thereafter, the second set of criteria should control whether the actions may still run as scheduled.

With the following nested criteria, the WFR fails to trigger at all.   In theory it should work, but in practice it doesn't.  

OR( 
Membership_Renewal_Reminder_Trigger__c = True, 
AND( 
Agreement_Completion_Date__c >= Today(), 
ISPICKVAL(Status__c,"Active"), 
Includes(Relationship__c,"Member")))

Any help would be appreciated.

Rick

I have a 3,000 character formula field (Text) on Opportunity with nested IF statements to select and display an address based on information from related records.  The BR() tag is used to force new lines in the output.  It works perfectly as shown via a Report - always populated correctly.

I've incorporated the field for display in a VisualForce email template using the following syntax.

<apex:outputField value="{!relatedTo.Invoice_Address_Formula__c}"/>

On testing using "Send Test and Verify Merge Fields" the result is always blank.  I have successfully substituted the failing formula field for others.  I have also reduced the formula to just one IF statement and found the result was visible.

I can't find any reference to limitations on the size or structure of a formula field when displaying it in a Visualforce email.  

Can anyone shed light on why this failure has occurred?