• Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,

I'm wondering if one of you might have an idea. We have a managed package that contains custom fields that I am trying to remove. When attempting this I discovered there was no way to remove them.

I also tried creating another package that had less fields included, then I discovered that a developer account can only have one managed package, and you can't change it.

It's worth mentioning that the managed package is not on the AppExchange.

Is there any way to achieve this outside of creating a new dev account and moving over the components to create a new package?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Hello,
I have built managed package using developer’s edition.
I am using APEX code, classes and triggers in the package to handle certain things.
I have uploaded package as managed-released. The upload was successful.
I then tried installing the package in my Salesforce Professional edition.
I did get below error while installing:

Your request to install package “Package name” was unsuccessful. None of the data or setup information in your salesforce.com organization was affected.

If your install continues to fail, contact Salesforce CRM Support through your normal channels and provide the following information.
Problem:
1. Apex Classes(classes/PhoneNumberFormatTestClass.cls-meta.xml) Missing feature Installing this package requires the following feature and its associated permissions: Apex Classes
2. Apex Triggers(triggers/FormatPhoneNumberForLead.trigger-meta.xml) Missing feature Installing this package requires the following feature and its associated permissions: Apex Triggers

When I contacted Salesforce they said:
There are no limitations around apex and professional edition.
There is no restriction on using apex if you start out with an unmanaged package, however the issue is with distribution.
You cannot distribute an unmanaged package through the appexchange. There is no rev share implications.

From what I see in their answer the package should work in my Professional edition.

Does anyone know or suspect why I cannot install the package?