• Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello,

Where can I find information on allowing a field to allow reading from a QR code scanner? We would like people to be able to scan a code on paper form or a box and have the code on the QR code populate a field in Salesforce. The phone would scan the value into a field on a community page, which would then read down to the Contact record.

It seems like it should be simple, but I know how that sometimes goes.

Thank you!
Hello,

Does anyone know if the new Lightning Web Components will make Google Tag Manager (not Google Analytics) easier or possible to implement? I think Locker Service was one of the issues with GTM and Lightning Components. Could this change at all with Lightning Web Components? Or is the security setup very similar?
Hello, I'm going through the Trailhead "Build Your First unlocked Package" and everything has worked fine up until when I tried the following CLI command: 

sfdx force:package:create --name dreamhouse --description "My Package" --packagetype Unlocked --path force-app --nonamespace --targetdevhubusername DevHub

When I enter this line the CLI consistently displays "Unexpected token } in JSON at position 239" - I had a look through all of the possible json files in the directories uploaded from GitHub, but everything looked okay. My Dev Org is using API 44. This error message gives me very little information - has anyone seen and resolved this one before?
Here is the message I received when trying to check the "Add a Screen for Thanking the Customer" of the "Create a Satisfaction Survey" project:

Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
There was an unexpected error while verifying this challenge. Usually this is due to some pre-existing configuration or code in the challenge Org. We recommend using a new Developer Edition (DE) to check this challenge. If you're using a new DE and seeing this error, please post to the developer forums and reference error id: HBBJPJZP
I have a developer edition account that does exist and I can log into it. But when I go to Trailhead and select "Connect to Developer account" I get a "page not found." I can create a new "Trailhead Playground" but it doesn't have all of the custom objects I created in other modules.

Is there a way to explicitly set the developer edition that Trailhead connects to? I should also add that this happened after the recent Trailhead changes with the new badges and paths. It wasn't happening about a month ago.

Thank you!
Hello, I'm going through the Trailhead "Build Your First unlocked Package" and everything has worked fine up until when I tried the following CLI command: 

sfdx force:package:create --name dreamhouse --description "My Package" --packagetype Unlocked --path force-app --nonamespace --targetdevhubusername DevHub

When I enter this line the CLI consistently displays "Unexpected token } in JSON at position 239" - I had a look through all of the possible json files in the directories uploaded from GitHub, but everything looked okay. My Dev Org is using API 44. This error message gives me very little information - has anyone seen and resolved this one before?
Here is the message I received when trying to check the "Add a Screen for Thanking the Customer" of the "Create a Satisfaction Survey" project:

Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
There was an unexpected error while verifying this challenge. Usually this is due to some pre-existing configuration or code in the challenge Org. We recommend using a new Developer Edition (DE) to check this challenge. If you're using a new DE and seeing this error, please post to the developer forums and reference error id: HBBJPJZP
I have a developer edition account that does exist and I can log into it. But when I go to Trailhead and select "Connect to Developer account" I get a "page not found." I can create a new "Trailhead Playground" but it doesn't have all of the custom objects I created in other modules.

Is there a way to explicitly set the developer edition that Trailhead connects to? I should also add that this happened after the recent Trailhead changes with the new badges and paths. It wasn't happening about a month ago.

Thank you!
Helle everyone,

I am not able to pass this trailhead challange. - Setup Custom Metadata Type for VAT Tax​
  • Call your custom metadata type VAT Data.
  • VAT Data has a text field called Country Name with length 10.
  • VAT Data has a percent field called VAT Rate with default values.
  • For the VAT Data record label, use the country name.
  • Japan has a 10% VAT.
  • Germany has a 19% VAT
Here the challange itself is not clear. 
I created a metadata type with name VAT Data.
and created two custom fields Country Name and VAT Rate.
I entered records for  VAT Data with value Japan as country name and 10 as vat rate but after this how to again add germany country name and 19 as vat rate. My question is how to add both records in same metadata type?