• 0 Points
  • Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am looking for a developer to help out with a couple of small projects.  Fairly simple apex triggers and a few dynamic visualforce pages that include several charts.  I have started both projects but need someone to help get the work done using best practices.
  • April 28, 2017
I have a custom field on my Contact record (calculated_region__c).  I need to populate calculated_region__c based on the following criteria:

*I have already set up two custom objects to house:
1. All zips in my state with their city name, county name, and its associated region
2. All Campaigns_c (custom picklist field on contact) names with their associated region.

If Campaign is not empty then match campaign to Campaign Region associated with contact Campaign
Else
 If contact zip code is not empty then match to region associated with contact zip
Else
If contact city name is not empty then match to region associated with contact city name
Else
If account zip code is not empty then match to region associated with account zip
Else
If account city name is not empty then match to region associated with account city name
Else
If account county name is not empty then match to region associated with account county name

I started a trigger for this but it quickly got very confusing (or at least I did).  

• April 24, 2017
I have a custom field on my Contact record (calculated_region__c).  I need to populate calculated_region__c based on the following criteria:

*I have already set up two custom objects to house:
1. All zips in my state with their city name, county name, and its associated region
2. All Campaigns_c (custom picklist field on contact) names with their associated region.

If Campaign is not empty then match campaign to Campaign Region associated with contact Campaign
Else
 If contact zip code is not empty then match to region associated with contact zip
Else
If contact city name is not empty then match to region associated with contact city name
Else
If account zip code is not empty then match to region associated with account zip
Else
If account city name is not empty then match to region associated with account city name
Else
If account county name is not empty then match to region associated with account county name

I started a trigger for this but it quickly got very confusing (or at least I did).  

• April 24, 2017