• 5 Points
  • Member since 2017

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
How do we or what needs to happen so we can have the community member page layout section?

Honestly, I don’t know what I did to make that appear in there in one of my sandbox. But we need to understand in order to make changes or deploy to other sandbox or production.

Because, even if we delete the dependencies in code and push with Ant, they will still be in my sandbox.

Currently on one sandbox I don't see the Community Member Page Layouts
User-added image

Where as on a different sandbox I see the Community Member Page Layouts

User-added image
In our application we make call to external SOAP API. We want to see the Raw SOAP request envelope that sent out. Where can we look for this in our org?
We have an SPA app developed using Agular JS. I want to modify some texts in one of the page so I pull the Static Resource folder called "myApp" from the Sandbox server and I have made the desired changes.

However, when I tried to Zip the folder and attempt to upload it to Static Resource in our Sandbox then I notice that our app is unable to load. I used Google Chrome to inspect the Code and I see that it says it unable to find all the .js files in the /Resource/.. folder and etc.

It has come to my attention that I have to use GULP to deploy the static resource folder instaed of doing the way I do with ZIP.

So, I have went ahead and install Node.Js V8.11.1 and GULP V3.9.1.

and I also ran these couple lines:

$ npm init
$ npm install gulp gulp-zip gulp-jsforce-deploy --save-dev

My static resource folder is structered like this now after I installed GULP and stuff. After do the comparision, I find that the folder and files in bold are added from installing GULP.

└── myApp
    ├── app
    ├── assets
    ├── node_modules
    ├── styles    
    ├── myCompany.page
    ├── gulpfile.js 
    ├── package.json
    ├── package-lock.json
    ├── systemjs.confi.js

Note I created the gulpfile.js and added the following code to it.

var gulp = require('gulp');
var zip = require('gulp-zip');
var forceDeploy = require('gulp-jsforce-deploy');

gulp.task('deploy', function() {
  gulp.src('./myApp/**', { base: "." })
    .pipe(zip('pkg.zip'))
    .pipe(forceDeploy({
      username: process.env.SF_USERNAME,
      password: process.env.SF_PASSWORD
      , loginUrl: 'https://test.salesforce.com'
      //, pollTimeout: 120*1000
      //, pollInterval: 10*1000
      //, version: '33.0'
    }));
});

And I run this line of code to deploy (where I use my real username and password for my sandbox). 
Note: I kinda follow the idea from here https://github.com/jsforce/gulp-jsforce-deploy/blob/master/README.md

SF_USERNAME=myUserNameForSandbox SF_PASSWORD=mySandboxPassword gulp deploy

But....the above line of code just won't run because it says SF_USERNAME is unrecognize.

So, any help please?? How can I deploy my static resource folder to my Sanbox?

Thank you for your help.
I have a visualforce page and it is connecting ot a custom controller.
I have a button on the VF page which trigger an action method in the controller.
<apex:commandButton title="Proceed" action="{!firstPageNext}" styleClass="btn img-btn pull-right"></apex:commandButton>
My controller method is like this
public void firstPageNext()
{
	system.debug('first page next is executing');
	system.debug(LoggingLevel.Info, 'first page next is executing');
	system.debug(LoggingLevel.Finest, 'first page next is executing');
	system.debug(LoggingLevel.Debug, 'first page next is executing');
	system.debug(LoggingLevel.Error, 'first page next is executing');

... and some other stuff
}
I can confirm that my `... and some other stuff` part of the code is being executed. The problem I am having is that my `system.debug` message is not displaying in Developer Console Logs or Debug Logs. I crated new debugs rule but I still don't see any debug log or message showing anywhere when my action method got executed. 

What is it that I am missing?

Thanks

Rules Created

Our enterprise license includes the Force.com IDE Debugger.
I have added Force.com IDE and Force.com IDE Debugger to our Eclipse, but how come we still unable to run debug?

What settings/configuration are we missing?

Thanks
Hello

I amusing Eclipse IDE for Java Developer 4.6.3 and latest Force.com IDE.

I don't see the 'intellisense' available when I write the code. Is this feature not available? Or, what do I have to do to enable intellisense?

Thanks
In our application we make call to external SOAP API. We want to see the Raw SOAP request envelope that sent out. Where can we look for this in our org?
I have a visualforce page and it is connecting ot a custom controller.
I have a button on the VF page which trigger an action method in the controller.
<apex:commandButton title="Proceed" action="{!firstPageNext}" styleClass="btn img-btn pull-right"></apex:commandButton>
My controller method is like this
public void firstPageNext()
{
	system.debug('first page next is executing');
	system.debug(LoggingLevel.Info, 'first page next is executing');
	system.debug(LoggingLevel.Finest, 'first page next is executing');
	system.debug(LoggingLevel.Debug, 'first page next is executing');
	system.debug(LoggingLevel.Error, 'first page next is executing');

... and some other stuff
}
I can confirm that my `... and some other stuff` part of the code is being executed. The problem I am having is that my `system.debug` message is not displaying in Developer Console Logs or Debug Logs. I crated new debugs rule but I still don't see any debug log or message showing anywhere when my action method got executed. 

What is it that I am missing?

Thanks

Rules Created

I currently have Eclipse 3.2 and downloaded the Force.com IDE plugin for 3.2.  While the plugin is working-- I am not getting any code-complete on my objects/ apex code.  One of our consultants (not from salesforce) - has Eclipse 3.3 wth the 3.3 plugin - and only gets code-complete on S-controls....   Are we supposed to get code-complete functionality with this plugin? From the description it sounds like yes.   Anyone know why this function may not be working in Eclipse with the Force.com plugin??
  • February 26, 2008

I’ve downloaded the Eclipse 8.1.0.2007 (Eclipse 3.2) toolkit for developing Apex at my Salesforce Dev. Account.

Creating classes, triggers, s-controls and validating syntax do work and I can also browse through the API help documentation.

But somehow I can’t auto complete tips for Apex code within my editor, which should need according the Apex wiki…

Then I read on the wiki that I need a WSDL for working with the Apex API.

http://wiki.apexdevnet.com/index.php/Members:Apex_Toolkit_for_Eclipse

Is it correct that when I want to receive auto complete Apex code tips I need the WSDL file?

How can I import this file in my Eclipse? Or is it already in my Toolkit? Then how does the auto complete tips work?