• Tenfold

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi all, 

I'm learning triggers in salesforce and want some advice on understanding how to write a trigger for below scenario. what is the approach?
There are two objects Object1_c(Parent) and Object__c(child) having look-up relationship.

Summary:
Object__c has record types namely  "A" and "B".
Object__c has a field (currency) --> Myamount__c
Object__c has 2 picklislts --> Picklist_a__c and Pciklist_b__c
object1__c has a field(curreny_ --> amount__c

Scenario:

when amount__c(on Object1__c) is blank or null, and if record type is either A||B and Picklst_a__c and picklist__b is selected then Myamount__c should be required show be the error.

Thanks in advance.

I am new to wave analytics ,
How to bind two datasets in a single dashboards
Hello there,

Interested in peoples thoughts on whether it is essential for a company with Salesforce to always have a Salesforce dedicated team.

My company have recently disbanded thier Salesforce team and placed the members in various project teams, the theory being that each project team will have a Salesforce skill set. However, it does leave the question open of who is responsible for managing and monitoring the Saleforce application as a whole?

Anybody had a similar experience?
Any thoughts?

Hello, 

I was asked to take a stab at implementing another system with Salesforce which will pull information from Salesforce Opportunity object into their mobile app. Since this is my very first time working with API's, I'm extremely lost on where to start. 

I read bunch of articles and the developer guide to understand the different API's and their use. However, my confusing is on what the first step is, I should be taking.

Problems or task at hand: We are looking at a mobile Timecard application, where users will use the app to login and pull up a Opportunity record (I'm guessing this is just the name of opportunity) and stamp their time to clock in and out of a job. I was provided with their TimeCard SOAP API documentation to take a look at the api's and the library. 

Questions
1. What is the first step should I be doing? (If I'm not wrong, I believe we will also be updating few fields on Opportunity after they have entered their time to clock in or out. If not Oppostunity record, then related object to Opportunity) 
2. What questions should I be asking them (the developer from Timecard app)? 
3. Do I write a webservice, generate Apex WSDL and give it to them? (Assuming data needs to go from Salesforce to their system)
4. I don't have any experience in .NET, do I need to? 
5. Why do I need to look at their API documentation? Are they assuming that I will be writing code on their end? Again, going back what should I be asking them? How does this usually work?
6. What do I do with the WSDL file when they give me their, if they do (steps by steps)? 

As you can tell I have never worked with webservices and api's but I think this is a very good opportunity for me to learn hands on and work with it. Even though it is very short amount of time to soak everything up, I am hoping someone will guide me to the right direction. Also, I do not have any mentor or go to person to ask since I'm the solo Salesforce person working here. SO, I will be needing lots of help. Any guidance will be truly appreciated! 

Thank you. 
Hi All,
Is there a way to bookmark a question from this forum?
Suppose a come across a question and I want to bookmark that question for future refrence. Can I do that?
Currently I am commenting on the already answered questions as a way to bookmark it.

Thanks,
Sathwick
I need to create a button on contact related list so that I can send email to selected multiple contacts. What would be the best solution and best practices?
I Installed the CTI demo adapter version 4.03 from salesforce.com and also setup the callcenter in the org by importing the xml file.
On Clicking the "Connect CTI Adapter" button, nothing happens.

Can someone let me know whats is happening here.

Thanks In Advance
  • December 31, 2014

When talking to another developer today we came across a question that we can't find the answer to so I was hoping someone here knew the answer.  I know that you can create a visualforce page with more than one extension.  My questions are:

1. Why would you use more than one?

2. If you have more that one in what order does visualforce look for your method?

3. What happens if you have a method with the same name on different extensions?

• September 06, 2013

We would like to have the ability for our Sales Reps to be able to create a new case from within an opportunity screen.  That case then would be related to that opportunity only.

Salesforce allows you to see related cases once you enable the relational list for cases in the layout edit mode, but does not give you a NEW CASE button anywhere in the Opportunity screen.

Here is what I have done so far. 

Under CASES > FIELDS I created a custom relationship lookup field called RELATED OPPORTUNITY | API Name: Related_Opportunity__c.  I added the new lookup field to the case layout.  It works fine from within the case screen.  I can lookup opportunities with no problem.  Under CASES > BUTTONS AND LINKS I created a new list button called NEW CASE.

Button Details:  

/500/e?retURL=%2F500%2Fo

&cas4_lkid={!Account.Id}

&cas4={!Account.Name}

&006M0000004yR7w_lkid={!Opportunity.Id}

&CF006M0000004yR7w={!Opportunity.Name}

&opp4={!Case.Account}

&CF00N00000007E8N3={!Case.CaseNumber}

&cas3_lkid={! NULLVALUE (Case.ContactId, Contact.Id )}

&cas3={! NULLVALUE (Case.Contact, Contact.Name )}

&cas6=Pre-Sale

&cas11=AE - Web

&retURL=/{!Opportunity.Id}

&saveURL=/{!Opportunity.Id}

When I hit the NEW CASE button within the opportunity screen, it takes me to new case creation screen like it should.  Some fields like Account Name gets updated with the correct info except for the RELATED OPPORTUNITY field.

Where am I doing wrong?  The ID of the RELATED OPPORTUNITY field is: 006M0000004yR7w

Please help.

• April 02, 2013
Hello there,

Interested in peoples thoughts on whether it is essential for a company with Salesforce to always have a Salesforce dedicated team.

My company have recently disbanded thier Salesforce team and placed the members in various project teams, the theory being that each project team will have a Salesforce skill set. However, it does leave the question open of who is responsible for managing and monitoring the Saleforce application as a whole?

Anybody had a similar experience?
Any thoughts?