• 0 Points
  • Member since 2017

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I want to use a variable string rather than a hard-coded string in my get method.

For example, for every Field in Object A there will be a record in Object B and the record name is the field api name from Object A. I want to reference Object B's name in a Object A dynamic soql query.:
String fieldName = objectB.Name
Sobject objectA = Database.query('Select Id From ObjectA__c Where Id = \'' + ObjectB.Object_A_Id__c + '\' Limit 1');
objectB.Number_Field__c = (integer)objectA.get(fieldName);
​I don't know if this is possible. I get the error System.TypeException: Invalid conversion from runtime type Id to Integer. Still new to Apex coding.
Trying to use dynamic soql to retrieve field values. For every Field in Object A there will be a record in Object B and the record name is the field api name from Object A. I want to reference Object B's name in a Object A dynamic soql query.

Sobject objectA = Database.query('Select Id From ObjectA__c Where Id = \'' + ObjectB.Object_A_Id__c + '\' Limit 1');
objectB.Field__c = (integer)objectA.get(fieldName);

Getting error:  System.TypeException: Invalid conversion from runtime type Id to Integer 

What am I doing wrong? Quite new to Apex coding.
I want to use a variable string rather than a hard-coded string in my get method.

For example, for every Field in Object A there will be a record in Object B and the record name is the field api name from Object A. I want to reference Object B's name in a Object A dynamic soql query.:
objectB.Number_Field__c = (integer)objectA.get(fieldName);
​I don't know if this is possible. I get the error System.TypeException: Invalid conversion from runtime type Id to Integer. Still new to Apex coding.
Trying to use dynamic soql to retrieve field values. For every Field in Object A there will be a record in Object B and the record name is the field api name from Object A. I want to reference Object B's name in a Object A dynamic soql query.

objectB.Field__c = (integer)objectA.get(fieldName);

Getting error:  System.TypeException: Invalid conversion from runtime type Id to Integer 

What am I doing wrong? Quite new to Apex coding.