• 20 Points
  • Member since 2017

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi, need a validation rule to make sure that if a case is new, it can be only created with the "New" Status. However, 3 roles must be able to save them anyway, even with a different status value set. I am trying the following validation rule but is not working [Error: Syntax error. Missing ')']

I hope you can help me. Thank you

AND(
ISNEW() && NOT( ISPICKVAL( Status, "New" ) )
OR(
$UserRole.Name <> "GRP_UK_HR_HR_Customer_Services_Manager",
$UserRole.Name <> "GRP_UK_HR_Customer_Services_Team_Leader",
$UserRole.Name <> "GRPUKHRPeopleServicesTier1Advisor" ) )
Hi Guys, I hope you can help me.
I have a custom object called "Change Request" that need approval. When a Change Request is approved, a process - developed with process builder - creates a Case with the information in the change request. I then have a lookup field to cases called "Related Case" in the Change request object to link the two. However, I would like this field to out populate. Is this possible? how?
Thank you, Rob

Hi Guys,

Is there a way to create an automatic Chatter Poll after an approval process?

My scenario is I have an approval process for a change request, then I want a second approval process between the board via s chatter poll.

Thank you,

Roberto

Hi Guys,

I have a scenario in which we need an approval process where employees need their line manager approval, while a small group of called 'Management Team' (all the manager of the different HR team) do not need any approval.

I though already that would be possible to just manually assign their line manager as line managers of themselves. This means they will receive their own approval request. But I consider this solution not really elegant. Another solution would be to create a lookup field to users called 'Requester', so that I can create personalised approval processes based on this field. Do you know of any alternative solution?

Thank you,

Roberto

Hi Guys,

My scenario is I need a process that creates a case when a new record called "Change Request" is approved.
However, I cannot find any option under 'approval process' to create a record upon approval. I am unsure of this is actually possible. I hope you can help me.

Thank you,

Roberto

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if someone knows what is the easier way to enable salesforce to send reports as Excel attachment when a report is scheduled.

I know this is not possible with the current Salesforce version, so I am looking for free external resources.

The only problem is I cannot code. Of course, if there is a quick guide and the coding is relatively easy, I may try. However, my team would be more inclined to look for any tool that does not require it.

Thank you for your help,

Roberto

Hi Guys,

I am setting some approval process with process builder for the first time in my Org, and we noticed we would need to manually assign Line Managers to do that. Is that correct?

My org has a Role Hierarchy by role (Below). Can I use it for the approval process at all? I did not find any setting so far.

Thank You, Rob

ORG.
   Add Role
   GBR - UK - HR Shared Services Director Edit | Del | Assign
    Add Role
    GBR - UK - HR - Head of Payroll Edit | Del | Assign
     Add Role
    GBR - UK - Risk & Planning Manager Edit | Del | Assign
     Add Role
    GRP - UK - HR - Head of HR Operations Edit | Del | Assign
     Add Role
    GRP - UK - HR - HR Data & MI Manager Edit | Del | Assign
     Add Role
    GRP - UK - HR - HR Systems Manager Edit | Del | Assign
     Add Role
   GRP - UK - HR - PPS Manager Edit | Del | Assign
    Add Role
   GRP - UK - HR - Resourcing - Team Leader Edit | Del | Assign
    Add Role
    GRP - UK - HR - Resourcing - Advisor Edit | Del | Assign
     Add Role

Hi Guys,

My scenario is I am trying to create a simple screen for our users to send change requests. I already created the process on visual workflow, which creates a C.O. called "Change Request". Now, I need that upon creation of the c. object the system automatically fires an approval process to the submitter's Line Manager. Is it possible to that with Visual workflow? So far, I was trying to combine Visual workflow and process builder, but the flow fails... I know there is a static action in the Visual Workflow menu for approvals but I do not understand how to set it, as I am a quite inexperienced administrator... So If you have any video or guide (or something want to help me with that), would be amazing.

Thank you

Roberto

Workflow Action Failed to Trigger Flow
Hi Guys,

So, my scenario is I am creating a flow with process builder that sends out an approval request when a certain field is modified from new to pending. Environment: Full Sandbox.
This is the error message:

Workflow Action Failed to Trigger Flow
The record couldn’t be saved because it failed to trigger a flow. A flow trigger failed to execute the flow with version ID 3015E0000009Qr9. Flow error messages: &lt;b&gt;An unhandled fault has occurred in this flow&lt;/b&gt;&lt;br&gt;An unhandled fault has occurred while processing the flow. Please contact your system administrator for more information. Contact your administrator for help. 

I hope you can help me to understand what's going on...

I did not receive any email even if my Access level is set to 'All emails'.

Thank you,

Roberto

User-added imageUser-added image

Hi Guys,

I have just started using visual flow for a project. We are trying to create a screen that creates "Change Request" custom objects.Users will simply complete the form to create this object. My question is if I can create a field "Requester" where it is possible to select a user typing its field 'Name'.

Thank you for your help.

Roberto

Hi Guys,

I have enabled "Enable Dashboard Component Snapshots" check box under the user Interface, but I am still unable to share a dashboard on chatter. The hover over component just does not appear. Instead, there is an option to click and see the full report.

Thank you for your help. Roberto

Hi Guys,

I am trying to set a default value for a Roll-up Summary field if there are no children records to get the values from. Now, this is just displaying an ugly 'Error' message, while I would like the value to be '0%' if there are not children assigned to the master. Thank you. Roberto

Hi guys,

I am trying to understand if is possible to change the header of a standard object. In my case, I want to change "Case Detail" in the Case standard object. Thank you for your help. Rob

Header change

Hi, need a validation rule to make sure that if a case is new, it can be only created with the "New" Status. However, 3 roles must be able to save them anyway, even with a different status value set. I am trying the following validation rule but is not working [Error: Syntax error. Missing ')']

I hope you can help me. Thank you

AND(
ISNEW() && NOT( ISPICKVAL( Status, "New" ) )
OR(
$UserRole.Name <> "GRP_UK_HR_HR_Customer_Services_Manager",
$UserRole.Name <> "GRP_UK_HR_Customer_Services_Team_Leader",
$UserRole.Name <> "GRPUKHRPeopleServicesTier1Advisor" ) )

Hi Guys,

I have a scenario in which we need an approval process where employees need their line manager approval, while a small group of called 'Management Team' (all the manager of the different HR team) do not need any approval.

I though already that would be possible to just manually assign their line manager as line managers of themselves. This means they will receive their own approval request. But I consider this solution not really elegant. Another solution would be to create a lookup field to users called 'Requester', so that I can create personalised approval processes based on this field. Do you know of any alternative solution?

Thank you,

Roberto