• Member since 2017
  • SalesForce Consultant

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have been racking my brain trying to get this one page to work.

I am using the latest version of Volunteers for Salesforce and am trying to get the Volunteer Portal to work correctly. I have been following the instructions located here. 

https://powerofus.force.com/servlet/fileField?retURL=%2Farticles%2FResource%2FVolunteers-for-Salesforce-Setup-and-Configuration-Guide&entityId=ka0800000000O2hAAE&field=File__Body__s

I have been able to get all the components to work individually but when I try to pull up the Personal Portal page the body isn't populating.
GW_Volunteers__PersonalSiteTemplate

The links are all populating correctly but I am seeing the Force.com logo on the top with some of them. On the contact info page, the style is messed up.

My gut tells me that its a configuration option that I left out but am not sure what I am doing wrong. Any help would be appreciated. 

Hi!
I am still quite new to VF/APEX and am looking for some direction with my current problem.

I have apx code that builds that data that I need. The issues are that I am required to build this via subqueries.  I am able to output the correct information in the log file. Basically, it works.

The problem that I am having is understanding how I need to package the data to be used on my VF page? I am trying to get my head around sObjects, lists, and sets but am not sure which way to go. With the basic SoQL and sObject I am able to populate the page but, as I mentioned, I need to add additional elements that are outside of the first query. The logic works I just need an idea of how to package it for the APEX page.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

- Jim
I am just starting out on the development side of SalesForce and wanted to know if I could get some input from the experts on if I am going down the right path with my current project. Thank you for any help you can provide.

I have two simple custom objects

Locations
Children

I am trying to build a VisualForce page that will query and display all the locations and in that query also query the children table to count how many children are associated to that location. The report would be

Location Name, Number of Active Children.

I have the SoQL to generate a list of locations__C.  I have the SoQL to get the count from chidren__c based on the requirements.  I was able to make a nice SF page but I am having a hard time making a page that combines the data to show the location name and the number of children per that location name.

Would a custom list controller be what I want to do?
I was looking at this example

https://goo.gl/zyrBHE

but I am having a hard time getting it going. I am able to get the code going as it stands but when I try to change the SoQL to something simple it tells me that I can convert that data to a list.  

Here is the sample APEX code

public class opportunityList2Con {

// ApexPages.StandardSetController must be instantiated
    // for standard list controllers

public ApexPages.StandardSetController setCon {
        get {
            if(setCon == null) {
                setCon = new ApexPages.StandardSetController(Database.getQueryLocator(
                   [SELECT Name FROM Food_Locations__c]));
            }
            return setCon;
        }
        set;
    }

// Initialize setCon and return a list of records

public List<Object> getOpportunities() {
        return (List<Object>) setCon.getRecords();
    }   

}

VF Code