• 0 Points
  • Member since 2018

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Created Apex Trigger not working to send Service Report PDF when email service report checkbox equals true on the Service Appointment Object, where contact email field contain's contact email. . 

trigger serviceReportSendEmail on ServiceReport (after insert) {
    ServiceAppointment so;
    string soId;
    List<Messaging.SingleEmailMessage> mails =  new List<Messaging.SingleEmailMessage>();
    List<String> sendTo = new List<String>();

for(ServiceReport sr : trigger.new){
        try {
            // Get service appointment details inc contact email
            soId = sr.ParentId;
            so = [select Id, Email_Service_Report__c, Contact_Email__c, Appointment_Number__c from ServiceAppointment where Id = :soId limit 1];

// Check contact email exists and report should be sent           
            if(so.Email_Service_Report__c && so.Contact_Email__c != '' && so.Contact_Email__c != null)
            {
                sendTo.add(so.Contact_Email__c);
                Messaging.SingleEmailMessage mail =  new Messaging.SingleEmailMessage();
                mail.setToAddresses(sendTo);
                mail.setSubject('Service Report Created for Appointment Number: '+ so.Appointment_Number__c);
                String body = 'Your service report is attached.';
                mail.setHtmlBody(body);
                mails.add(mail);

// Get file for attachment
                List<Messaging.Emailfileattachment> fileAttachments = new List<Messaging.Emailfileattachment>();
                Messaging.Emailfileattachment efa = new Messaging.Emailfileattachment();
                efa.setContentType('application/pdf');
                efa.setInline(false);
                efa.setFileName(sr.ServiceReportNumber);
                // Have to fetch DocumentBody, it is null when accessing directly
                Blob attBody = [select DocumentBody from ServiceReport where Id = :sr.Id limit 1].DocumentBody;
                efa.setBody(attBody);
                fileAttachments.add(efa);
                mail.setFileAttachments(fileAttachments);

Messaging.sendEmail(mails);
            }
        }
        catch(exception e) {
            System.debug('************************** Exception in serviceReportSendEmail trigger:'+e);
        }
    }
}

I need to create a trigger that updates the Service Appointment Object Assigned Resource Look up field when the related listed called Assinged Resource is assigned. 

Long story short I am trying to get the assigned resource printed on the Work Order. All that is revealed to be using the Related List is the ID. If I can easily covert the Id through a formula or trigger on the Assigned Resource Object easily than posting the Assigned Resource look up on the Service Appointment Object whichever is easiest. 
I have created a custom object called Project and which holds two look up fields Project_Manager__c and Project_Coordinator__c. I am trying to have those fields be updated by the look up fields on the Account object also named Project_Manager__c and Project_Coordinator__c when a project is created. Any help is greatly appreciated. I was told apex trigger was the way to go. 

Thanks. 
I have created a custom object called Project and which holds two look up fields Project_Manager__c and Project_Coordinator__c. I am trying to have those fields be updated by the look up fields on the Account object also named Project_Manager__c and Project_Coordinator__c when a project is created. Any help is greatly appreciated. I was told apex trigger was the way to go. 

Thanks. 
Hey do you know if it’s possible to send email with attachment when a new service report has been created through apex trigger? In field service when my techs create a service report we have to go in and manually email the pdf report each time, but there has to be a way to do this automatically. Could you help?