• Member since 2017

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,

Is there any API to get edition details for user or org? We need to manually export/ create lead in salesforce from our website which requires api access. As some of the editions do not have API access we would like to show user a warning if need be.

Thanks,
Sourav
Hi,
We are thinking to integrate salesforce with out existing website. On our website, users have already existing leads created using our lead capture form. We want to import these existing leads to users connected salesforce account. 

To do so, I am using user's access token and instance url as received from /token call. Instead of doing soap login, I am passing X-SFDC-Session header set to access token value and it works fine. I did not find any supporting document for this and sceptical whether its fine to go ahead with this approach. Please let me know if its ok.

Sample request:
curl -i -X POST -H 'X-SFDC-Session: <access_token>'  -H 'Content-Type: application/json' -d '{"operation" : "upsert", "object" : "Lead", "contentType" : "CSV", "externalIdFieldName" : "Email"}' https://ap5.salesforce.com/services/async/39.0/job

Thanks,
Sourav
Hi,
We are thinking to integrate salesforce with out existing website. On our website, users have already existing leads created using our lead capture form. We want to import these existing leads to users connected salesforce account. 

To do so, I am using user's access token and instance url as received from /token call. Instead of doing soap login, I am passing X-SFDC-Session header set to access token value and it works fine. I did not find any supporting document for this and sceptical whether its fine to go ahead with this approach. Please let me know if its ok.

Sample request:
curl -i -X POST -H 'X-SFDC-Session: <access_token>'  -H 'Content-Type: application/json' -d '{"operation" : "upsert", "object" : "Lead", "contentType" : "CSV", "externalIdFieldName" : "Email"}' https://ap5.salesforce.com/services/async/39.0/job

Thanks,
Sourav