• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello , 

Need your help or advice on the e below use case :

We have thousands of Leads in our system , we are building a process to reduce them piling up and also perform a clean up activity.

As part of the process to reduce the Leads from piling up , whenever an account(source of this can be an external system) is created in our SF instance , we are actualy planning to see if we have any existing lead(with filters on some fields) and convert that lead by linking the new account created to this Lead and updating Closed Reason(Custom Field on Lead) and also to skip creating the contact.

Below are some of the issues that i am facing when trying to implement the above process.

Scenario 1 : Tried to invoke the Leadconvert operation but facing the below issues with this.
1. Unable to skip Creation of Contact on Lead Conversion
2.Unable to set value to Custom Field of Lead upon Conversion.

Scenario 2 :   As i need to skip the contact from creation and also update the custom fields of leads while linking this to a newly created account , tried to perform the Update operation on the Lead ,  by setting the ConvertedAccountID and Custom field values to desired values. but facing the below challenges.
1. Unable to set the ConvertedAccountID , as it was readonly field.

If any one faced  such scenarios and if you are able to progress with some workaround , Please let me know.

Any help or pointers on this would be highly appreciated.

Hi All,

We have a scenario in which we are creating case on creation of a Custom Object (assume ABC) , We have set the OWD of the case to Private and we are sharing(Read/Write) the Case to all Users of Specific profile with Sharing Rules. All is good till now.

But we have a scenario where we need to create notes and attach to the Case (Linked to record of Object ABC) when a particular action is performed on record of object ABC. We are able to Create Notes and attach to the Case and as Admin we are able to see the Notes , but Users in other profile are unable to see the Notes on the Case. On Profile i dont see any permission to control the access to Notes.

Can you please suggest do we have any settings that we will take care of this access to Case Notes?

Thanks in Advance!

Hi All,

We would like to know if is there any way can we invoke Lightning Action from a Custom Component?

Background :  We have a requirement where we need to conditionally render the buttons on the Lightning Page based on the User Role , we are trying to Create a component which verifies the User Role and renders the button conditionally but we are not sure how to invoke the Lightning action on the button click.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions on this.

Thanks in Advance!
Hi,

On the Trailhead playground org , when i was trying to add the StaticResource , Mime Type field is not visible but validation is failing as MimeType missing.

MimeTypeRequired

Not Sure whether this a bug on the Playground org.
ORG ID : 00D7F000000yvrH
Hi,

I had done the challenge at the below link , I was able to test and get the desired results , but the challange is failing.

https://trailhead.salesforce.com/en/modules/apex_integration_services/units/apex_integration_rest_callouts

Can you please check and let me know.User-added image
Hello , 

Need your help or advice on the e below use case :

We have thousands of Leads in our system , we are building a process to reduce them piling up and also perform a clean up activity.

As part of the process to reduce the Leads from piling up , whenever an account(source of this can be an external system) is created in our SF instance , we are actualy planning to see if we have any existing lead(with filters on some fields) and convert that lead by linking the new account created to this Lead and updating Closed Reason(Custom Field on Lead) and also to skip creating the contact.

Below are some of the issues that i am facing when trying to implement the above process.

Scenario 1 : Tried to invoke the Leadconvert operation but facing the below issues with this.
1. Unable to skip Creation of Contact on Lead Conversion
2.Unable to set value to Custom Field of Lead upon Conversion.

Scenario 2 :   As i need to skip the contact from creation and also update the custom fields of leads while linking this to a newly created account , tried to perform the Update operation on the Lead ,  by setting the ConvertedAccountID and Custom field values to desired values. but facing the below challenges.
1. Unable to set the ConvertedAccountID , as it was readonly field.

If any one faced  such scenarios and if you are able to progress with some workaround , Please let me know.

Any help or pointers on this would be highly appreciated.

distribution is a custom object distribution__c. I created a custom
 checkbox field quantity__c in this object. I want this field to updated another checkbox  field  called supplied__c on account object . That is, if  quantity__c is true and checked, supplied__c will also be true and checked. Also, for other records that already exist, how do I update this these records . Thank you
  • October 25, 2018
Hi All,

We would like to know if is there any way can we invoke Lightning Action from a Custom Component?

Background :  We have a requirement where we need to conditionally render the buttons on the Lightning Page based on the User Role , we are trying to Create a component which verifies the User Role and renders the button conditionally but we are not sure how to invoke the Lightning action on the button click.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions on this.

Thanks in Advance!
Hi,

I had done the challenge at the below link , I was able to test and get the desired results , but the challange is failing.

https://trailhead.salesforce.com/en/modules/apex_integration_services/units/apex_integration_rest_callouts

Can you please check and let me know.User-added image