• 0 Points
  • Member since 2017

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am trying to download Salesforce Chatter files using Ajax Toolkit of salesforce. Once the file (which is in string format) is downloaded, convert it to blob and then upload to ShareFile(File Storage Solution).
I have observed that each Chatter file can have maximum size of 2GB. However, with the Ajax Toolkit route I am facing Out of Memory issue in Internet Explorer for file size greater than 15MB. Same error occurs in Firefox when file size is greater than 30MB. Is there a better way to download Chatter files other than using Ajax Toolkit. 

What I am doing is similar to the example here : https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.ajax.meta/ajax/sforce_api_ajax_more_samples_asynch.htm

My Code:
Var result = sforce.connection.query('select Title,versiondata,versionnumber,FileExtension,ContentSize   from contentversion where Id in (\'' + idList  + '\') Order By versionnumber DESC',{
            onSuccess : success,
            onFailure : failure
        });

Exception/Error Trace:
Error occurs at line 635 in ../../soap/ajax/40.0/connection.js

} else if (holder.connection.status == 200 && holder.connection.responseText != null && holder.connection.responseText != "") {

I am trying to download Salesforce Chatter files using Ajax Toolkit of salesforce. Once the file (which is in string format) is downloaded, convert it to blob and then upload to ShareFile(File Storage Solution).
I have observed that each Chatter file can have maximum size of 2GB. However, with the Ajax Toolkit route I am facing Out of Memory issue in Internet Explorer for file size greater than 15MB. Same error occurs in Firefox when file size is greater than 30MB. Is there a better way to download Chatter files other than using Ajax Toolkit. 

What I am doing is similar to the example here : https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.ajax.meta/ajax/sforce_api_ajax_more_samples_asynch.htm

My Code:
Var result = sforce.connection.query('select Title,versiondata,versionnumber,FileExtension,ContentSize   from contentversion where Id in (\'' + idList  + '\') Order By versionnumber DESC',{
            onSuccess : success,
            onFailure : failure
        });

Exception/Error Trace:
Error occurs at line 635 in ../../soap/ajax/40.0/connection.js

} else if (holder.connection.status == 200 && holder.connection.responseText != null && holder.connection.responseText != "") {