• Member since 2017

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi

I am using the following to validate an text field has email addresses entered in the correct format.  However I also need to ensure between each email address there is a ; seperator  

The regex I found onlne is :

NOT( REGEX(Custom_email_list__c , "([A-Za-z0-9]+([!#$%&'*+-/=?^_`{|}~]*[A-Za-z0-9]+)*@[A-Za-z0-9\\-]+(\\.[A-Za-z0-9\\-]+)*[ ]*[,;]?[ ]*)+" ))

which works well but still works without a ; between email addresses

How do I ensure ; is present and if not it will throw the validation error?

Many thanks in advance
Hi 

Can anyone help me with what needs to be done with this critical update by Salesforce in Summer 17 Release?

https://releasenotes.docs.salesforce.com/en-us/summer17/release-notes/rn_lightning_cruc_access_public_methods_in_packages.htm

Mnay thanks

Sonya 

Hi

I am using the following to validate an text field has email addresses entered in the correct format.  However I also need to ensure between each email address there is a ; seperator  

The regex I found onlne is :

NOT( REGEX(Custom_email_list__c , "([A-Za-z0-9]+([!#$%&'*+-/=?^_`{|}~]*[A-Za-z0-9]+)*@[A-Za-z0-9\\-]+(\\.[A-Za-z0-9\\-]+)*[ ]*[,;]?[ ]*)+" ))

which works well but still works without a ; between email addresses

How do I ensure ; is present and if not it will throw the validation error?

Many thanks in advance
Hi 

Can anyone help me with what needs to be done with this critical update by Salesforce in Summer 17 Release?

https://releasenotes.docs.salesforce.com/en-us/summer17/release-notes/rn_lightning_cruc_access_public_methods_in_packages.htm

Mnay thanks

Sonya 

Hello , i am trying to create a validation rule using REGEX, but can't seem to get it the correct way.  I assume I am not using the function correctly.
I need to make sure the first two characters are AB or ab and the entire length of the string is 24 characters. I was successful in targeting the first two characters, but can't seem to determine the length. The remaining 22 characters can be any alphanumeric character including special characters.  I don't know if I can do this with REGEX.  I tried to use the combinations of BEGINS and LEN functions, but can't seem to get to work.

This is where I ended up with (but doesn't work)
NOT(REGEX(Test_ID__c, "^([Aa]?[Bb])+{22}$"))
Hi All,
Can some one help me with the validation rule for  entering mutiple email addresses seperated by comma?

I am trying to achieve basic validation for email as i am using text field(255) to enter mutiple email id's plus to ensure that  multiple email addresses has to have each address separated by a comma
and if only one email address is present in the text box no need of using comma.
I know regex function is used for basic validation of email. But how do i combine regex function and the logic that two email addresses should be seperated by comma.
Thanks in advance