• Member since 2017
  • Developer

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I've created a simple Visualfore page and a Apex class to process particular record of Knowledge__kavstandard object.

Visualforce Page:
<apex:page standardController="Knowledge__kav" extensions="KnowledgeController"  title="Knowledge__kav Object">

</apex:page>

Apex Class:
public with sharing class KnowledgeController {
    public String knowledgeID {get; set;}
    public KnowledgeController(ApexPages.StandardController stdController) {
        try {
            knowledgeID = ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('id');
            System.debug('knowledgeID ===== '+knowledgeID);

} catch(Exception e) {
            System.debug('ERROR :: ' + e.getMessage());
        }        
    }
}
For that, I'm passing simple URL parameter as ID (Knowledge__kav record ID) like /apex/KnowledgeAsPDF?id=ka02a0000004JeTAAU

But I'm getting the below error message ​on visualforce page.
Id value <Knowledge__kav record ID> is not valid for the Knowledge__kav standard controller

Page Preview:

VF Page Preview with Error message
Knowledge__kav SOQl Query:

SOQL Query with specific ID result

Please help me to solve this issue.
Is there anyway to change the Case tab title to the SUBJECT instead of the CASE NUMBER?

Please see below snapshot. 
User-added image

Your help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Prashant Raiyani
I have one Lightning requirement for display all Users (FirstName, LastName) detail who viewed particular single Case record(Case detail page) seversl times.

Suppose, i have a Case record with Case Number: "00007901",
I just visited this record and after that other User visited same Case record. At that time, i need to display both visited Users detail on particular record detail page.

Refer attached snapshot

Users viewed this record

Please help me for this issue, as i'm new on Lightning development. 

Thanks,
Prashant Raiyani
How to use HYPERLINK in Formula (Number) type field?

Like, There is a exisitng field UserId__c (Number[18,0]).
I want to set custom HYPERLINK value and along with UserId__c value.
HYPERLINK("?id=" & TEXT(UserId__c), UserId__c)
On creation of Formula(Number) field. It will give Error: Incorrect argument type for function 'HYPERLINK()'.

Please help!

Thanks,
Prashant Raiyani
We just started using Case management for our Support group. One of the issues they've raised is related to Closing a Case. 
They don't want have to seperately click 'Send' mail to the customer with case closing message then click 'Close Case' to close the case. 
They would like use standard Email tab by sending Email and change status as Closed from Standard Email page layout.

Can anyone suggest how I would go about doing that?

User-added image

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant
I've created a simple Visualfore page and a Apex class to process particular record of Knowledge__kavstandard object.

Visualforce Page:
<apex:page standardController="Knowledge__kav" extensions="KnowledgeController"  title="Knowledge__kav Object">

</apex:page>

Apex Class:
public with sharing class KnowledgeController {
    public String knowledgeID {get; set;}
    public KnowledgeController(ApexPages.StandardController stdController) {
        try {
            knowledgeID = ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('id');
            System.debug('knowledgeID ===== '+knowledgeID);

} catch(Exception e) {
            System.debug('ERROR :: ' + e.getMessage());
        }        
    }
}
For that, I'm passing simple URL parameter as ID (Knowledge__kav record ID) like /apex/KnowledgeAsPDF?id=ka02a0000004JeTAAU

But I'm getting the below error message ​on visualforce page.
Id value <Knowledge__kav record ID> is not valid for the Knowledge__kav standard controller

Page Preview:

VF Page Preview with Error message
Knowledge__kav SOQl Query:

SOQL Query with specific ID result

Please help me to solve this issue.
Is there anyway to change the Case tab title to the SUBJECT instead of the CASE NUMBER?

User-added image

Thanks in advance!
Prashant Raiyani

User-added image

Thanks in advance!
Prashant Raiyani
I have one Lightning requirement for display all Users (FirstName, LastName) detail who viewed particular single Case record(Case detail page) seversl times.

Suppose, i have a Case record with Case Number: "00007901",
I just visited this record and after that other User visited same Case record. At that time, i need to display both visited Users detail on particular record detail page.

Refer attached snapshot

Users viewed this record

Please help me for this issue, as i'm new on Lightning development. 

Thanks,
Prashant Raiyani
How to use HYPERLINK in Formula (Number) type field?

Like, There is a exisitng field UserId__c (Number[18,0]).
I want to set custom HYPERLINK value and along with UserId__c value.
HYPERLINK("?id=" & TEXT(UserId__c), UserId__c)
On creation of Formula(Number) field. It will give Error: Incorrect argument type for function 'HYPERLINK()'.

Please help!

Thanks,
Prashant Raiyani

Hello,

I am figuring out ways to replace our javascript buttons to lightning compatible one. We have quite a lot of javascript button one of which is "Send with Docusign" that lets a user send a contract using Docusign. I'm calling the right docusign template using this custom button & passes some parameters like recipient email. I have a part of code that validates if the contract is approved by the leads before it could be sent to client with docusign. Something like this:

{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/29.0/connection.js")}; 
{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/29.0/apex.js")} 

var contrObj = new sforce.SObject("Contract"); 
contrObj.id = "{!Contract.Id}"; 
var ContrStatus="{!Contract.Contract_Status__c}"; 
var profile ="{!User.Profile}"; 

if(ContrStatus!='Approved') 

alert("The contract should be approved before sending for signature"); 

else{ 
window.location.href = '/apex/dsfs__DocuSign_CreateEnvelope?DSEID=0&SourceID={!Contract.Id}&CRL=Email~{!Contract.Business_Contact_Email_Formula__c};FirstName~{!Contract.Business_Contact_First_Name__c};LastName~{!Contract.Business_Contact_Last_Name__c},.....................'; 
}

Now, I need to replace this javascript button with components that are lightning compatible (since we are plannign to switch to Lightning) . I'd like to know what are the possible options?

Thank you very much in advance!

Hi,

Issue is : == operator is returning false although the operands are same on both sides of the operator  - statement is below:

System.debug('DEBUG:approvalForProposalPricingDeviation::: BEGIN INVOKATION ********quNew.Status---->'+quNew.Status );-- This prints out the value : Pending Approval with RM-West for Pricing Deviation
if(quNew.Status == 'Pending Approval with RM-West for Pricing Deviation'  ){

submitForApproval(quNew);         
  }
System.debug('DEBUG:approvalForProposalPricingDeviation::: END INVOKATION ********quNew.Status---->'+quNew.Status );

Please could someone suggest what's going wrong here in the code snippet?

An early response on this will be much appreciated.

Regards,

Debendra 

A user was trying to submit a record into the approval process (that was working correctly yesterday) is now getting this error: Flow error messages: &lt;b&gt;An unhandled fault has occurred in this flow&lt;/b&gt;&lt;br&gt; nothing has changed? Help
The use case would be if a support agent has ten open tickets, the criteria for "hot" case would differentiate that tab with a color or some other type of indicator. 

I've thought about creating a Tab through VF and populating that page with appropriate case, but it would have to be selected in the drop down rather than a case amongst other cases in the primary tab section. 

Any sniff in the right direction would be helpful and I'll share the completed project once it's done. 

We just started using Case management for our Support group.   One of the issues they've raised is related to closing a case.  They don't want have to seperately click 'Send an Email' to send the customer a case closing message then click 'Close Case' to close the case.  They would like a button on the Email page layout called 'Send and Close Case' that would send the email then open the standard 'Close Case' page.  Can anyone suggest how I would go about doing that?

Thanks & Regards,

Jeff